Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nowadays I See Quite A Few Cars With Matt Paint

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Oct 29 2013, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know camouflage or matt army green colour is definitely a no-no (illegal) for normal cars. Just wondering whether 'matting' the original colour or altogether changing to another matt colour is legal.....just wondering....

Camouflage then sure cannot, because reserve for army mah! As far as I know, other colors can use. There are also matte wrap which I saw in Bangkok Motor show a few years back.

vr2turbo

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
Found the link...
http://star-motoring...for-Mattes.aspx

junbecks

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

junbecks

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
http://www.jpj.gov.m...an-Persendirian

till today I have not seen any guidelines or regulations on car colours allowed/illegal.

Washing a car should be an artform, not a chore.

WTB Any acidic wheel cleaner
[PM me if you want Iso-propyl Alcohol, IPA.]

KrisMas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Change the car colour to another (matt or otherwise) but in the grant says another colour, what are the consequences? I've been googling around and some says you'd get some trouble in insurance claim, road blocks also bahaya, etc. etc.

I rephrase my question then: what are the consequences of changing the colour of your car without informing the authorities and changing it in the grant as well?

SPiD3RMaN

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

SPiD3RMaN

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Nov 1 2013, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Change the car colour to another (matt or otherwise) but in the grant says another colour, what are the consequences? I've been googling around and some says you'd get some trouble in insurance claim, road blocks also bahaya, etc. etc.

I rephrase my question then: what are the consequences of changing the colour of your car without informing the authorities and changing it in the grant as well?

Bro, basically if you change the colour of the car, when you sell it off , there is a problem when you want to re-register the car under the new owner. What will happen is then you will proceed to JPJ to register the car under the new colour first before the car can be transferred to the new owner.

As for JPJ summon, first time i heard it. 4 years i drove my car with another colour going through all kind of road blocks, never been questioned before, the only question i receive was what colour what my car ... and why so shiny tongue.gif

As for Insurance, there is no reason why they should refuse to pay out the insurance claims if you can prove that the engine and car serial number matches the log book.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (SPiD3RMaN @ Nov 1 2013, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, basically if you change the colour of the car, when you sell it off , there is a problem when you want to re-register the car under the new owner. What will happen is then you will proceed to JPJ to register the car under the new colour first before the car can be transferred to the new owner.

As for JPJ summon, first time i heard it. 4 years i drove my car with another colour going through all kind of road blocks, never been questioned before, the only question i receive was what colour what my car ... and why so shiny tongue.gif

As for Insurance, there is no reason why they should refuse to pay out the insurance claims if you can prove that the engine and car serial number matches the log book.

That is because they never check car colors, but most of the time is the road tax. tints and other heavy mods... smile_tongue.gif

KrisMas

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Legality and enforcements are two different issues. "Ignorance is no defense"...better be safe than sorry...

vr2turbo

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Nov 4 2013, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Legality and enforcements are two different issues. "Ignorance is no defense"...better be safe than sorry...

To be safe better follow the rules.... smile_tongue.gif