Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Do You Dry Your Washed Car Using A Top Down Approach?

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Oct 22 2013, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The *normal/usual* route I take when drying:

Front & rear windscreen (to 'activate' the WW cloth) -> Front bonnet -> both front qtr panel -> front grill & bumper -> go to one side of the car -> roof -> windows -> door -> door shuts & pillars -> go to other side & repeat -> rear bonnet & bumper

I do the glass area to activate the WW also. Then from top to bottom going round the car... smile_tongue.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 23 2013, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use it brother.... smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif

What is "activate" the WW ? smile_blackeye.gif Normally I rinse the MF in a bucket of clean water, squeeze squeeze, for it to absorb water and release all bubbles, then take out and squeeze dry, flap open and start wiping...

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

KrisMas

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Microfiber cloth tends to be a little less absorbent when it's bone dry....

vr2turbo

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Oct 28 2013, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is "activate" the WW ? smile_blackeye.gif Normally I rinse the MF in a bucket of clean water, squeeze squeeze, for it to absorb water and release all bubbles, then take out and squeeze dry, flap open and start wiping...

The "activate" is the same as what you did by wetting the mf. Since our WW is dry we wipe the glass area first to wet it, then only continue to the paintwork part.