Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Recommendation

• Please log in to reply

ipinipin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

ipinipin

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Dear All,

I like to buy a used car around the budget of RM 15K. I prefer automatic transmission and sedan type
i just want to upgrade from my motorbike to a car and mainly used for working purposes only

After searching online and motor trader magazine, I find following cars fitting into my budget of around RM 15K.

1. Hyundai Accent 1.5 GLS Auto - 2005 model
2. Kia spectra 1.6 auto - 2004-2006 model
3. Proton Gen2 1.6 auto - 2005 model

Any recommendations on the above and other models? Please advice me. My condition is that the car should have low maintenance costs and not expensive spare parts.

i do read the same article one year back 2012, however it still does not made up my mind which car i shall take.
please help me in choosing those couple type of car

Thanks.

roocarroll

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
Get the Gen2. It's not a great car but will be cheaper to run than the Korean cars. The old Korean cars have poor fuel economy and the spare parts will be more expensive.

vr2turbo

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ Oct 14 2013, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get the Gen2. It's not a great car but will be cheaper to run than the Korean cars. The old Korean cars have poor fuel economy and the spare parts will be more expensive.

Yup, agree. Get Proton. Korean cars 2nd hand are cheaper but parts seems much more expensive... smile_disapprove.gif

br1

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 14 2013, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, agree. Get Proton. Korean cars 2nd hand are cheaper but parts seems much more expensive... smile_disapprove.gif

second on gen 2, look and drive better than the later 2 korean cars.

andy111172

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
I would go for Gen 2 as well for its arguably better looks, easier maintenance and possibly better resale value.

I think you can make up your mind already now.. smile.gif