Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Engine Cannot Start

• Please log in to reply

mickeyjoy

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

mickeyjoy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
crank crank .....

My engine cannot start with brake warning light, oil pressure warning light, battery charge warning light and malfunction indicator light(MIL) on. I just change my battery few month ago. 2 day ago, the engine already need to crank many time to start. That time, the word "P" next to the fuel gauge is missing half of the word and the last line(empty line) of the fuel gauge disappear but the few line above it is on(my car still got half tank of petrol). What could have gone wrong? Please help!

Attached Thumbnails

• download.jpg

vr2turbo

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (mickeyjoy @ Aug 18 2013, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
crank crank .....

My engine cannot start with brake warning light, oil pressure warning light, battery charge warning light and malfunction indicator light(MIL) on. I just change my battery few month ago. 2 day ago, the engine already need to crank many time to start. That time, the word "P" next to the fuel gauge is missing half of the word and the last line(empty line) of the fuel gauge disappear but the few line above it is on(my car still got half tank of petrol). What could have gone wrong? Please help!

What car? Maybe you will get better response if you post to the thread of your car make...

andy111172

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
Worn-out alternator can consume the battery life quickly.

If the battery is still charging, check the starter. I had to change mine last month, a few months after changing the battery.

mickeyjoy

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

mickeyjoy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 19 2013, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What car? Maybe you will get better response if you post to the thread of your car make...

viva auto tranmission

mickeyjoy

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

mickeyjoy

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (andy111172 @ Aug 19 2013, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Worn-out alternator can consume the battery life quickly.

If the battery is still charging, check the starter. I had to change mine last month, a few months after changing the battery.

How much for the starter?

andy111172

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (mickeyjoy @ Aug 19 2013, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much for the starter?

I'm not sure about Viva. Mine is a Hyundai Matrix. The new one costs RM750. I opted for a recond unit which costs RM350.