Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Innova Auto E 2006 - Engine Problem

• Please log in to reply

harriman

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

harriman

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi. I need your help. I sent to Toyota and after intensive checking they could not find the problem.

---------------------------

Problem 1: It only happened 4 times this year and a couple times last year

My innova suddenly cannot start while I was using it, not in the morning. The engine crank as usual but cannot start.
I noticed that the engine orange lamp is off. I waited for few minutes, I put the key on and the light is on and the engine start as usual.

Problem 2: Happened twice. Once this year and once 4 years ago.

The engine went off while driving. Then after a few attempts to start, it started as usual.

------------------------

I think both problem related. I think is is related to the orange engine light.

Please help. Now I afraid to drive long distance.

Thanks

Popcorn

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (harriman @ Jul 18 2013, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. I need your help. I sent to Toyota and after intensive checking they could not find the problem.

My innova suddenly cannot start while I was using it, not in the morning. The engine crank as usual but cannot start.
I noticed that the engine orange lamp is off. I waited for few minutes, I put the key on and the light is on and the engine start as usual.

The engine went off while driving. Then after a few attempts to start, it started as usual.

------------------------

Thanks

Fuel pump failure?
Cruiser

jhuan

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

jhuan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
harriman.

I had the same problem as yours on my unser.

After alot of trial and errors, changed plugs, plug cable, new starter, distributor head, only to find out that it was a wire that connecting the starter and the keyhole from the steering was a little loose. So whenever the wire is loose ie disconnecting, the engine died off as well, even when you are driving.

Try re-route another wire instead. Mine so far so good after 2 weeks since re-routed.
Nevermind a signature, just me !!

harriman

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

harriman

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Thanks. Mine one because of the spoilt immobiliser. After changing the whole alarm system that cost RM1,100 everything is ok.

The first case for AlorSetar Toyota

H2O

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

H2O

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts
Have you chk the battery connection?

wkchia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

wkchia

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (harriman @ Jul 18 2013, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

------------------------

Thanks

This happened to my innova too when it was new, very hard to detect the problem. Finally got rectified by cleaning the contact of the fuses and the immobiliser.