Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Grabbing New Ammo For Start...need Advise

• Please log in to reply

nagato

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

nagato

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi all sifus,

I'm a newcomer to autoworld forum, start getting interest on car detailing and now planing to get some ammo to start DIY but not sure where to start with...too many type of ammo makes me pening wacko.gif

any recommend from sifus?

Thanks a lot. laugh.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (nagato @ Jul 15 2013, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all sifus,

I'm a newcomer to autoworld forum, start getting interest on car detailing and now planing to get some ammo to start DIY but not sure where to start with...too many type of ammo makes me pening wacko.gif

any recommend from sifus?

Thanks a lot. laugh.gif

Depends on what you want done?
If you are just starting out doing maintenance, like car wash, paint cleaning and wax/sealant for protection of new car, I would suggest Duragloss products.
You can maybe check out their products first from their website www.duragloss.com.my
You can also contact bro. mubull (Liew) and speak to him. Products can be purchased online.
Of course, you will also need proper stuffs, like wash mitt, micro fiber cloth, drying cloth and so on.
It is actually more to prevention better then cure, meaning proper washing to minimize swirls and scratches...
You may also need a clay bar for cleaning surface contaminants.
For maintenance, DG products needed are their DG901 Car shampoo, DG501 all in one paint cleaner, and DG105 sealant and DG951 aquawax

KrisMas

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Welcome.

First and foremost, start with a good maintenance regime - washing and protection related, i.e. shampoo, wash mitt, drying cloth, wax/sealant, microfiber cloths.

Then start learning about paint defects and how to identify them, and what are the products necessary to correct them. But basically nowadays, you'd need a compound and a polish.

After that, consider if you have the budget to get a machine and some pads. If you do, a good quality DA polisher would be a good start, or if you dare (and plan) to go further get a good quality rotary polisher. Oh...and have some money on the sides for buffing/polishing pads as well.

jonlsl

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
First things first.

1. LEARN HOW TO WASH A CAR PROPERLY (preferably with 2 bucket system/technique) . With the proper stuff.

2. LEARN HOW TO DRY THE CAR PROPERLY. With the proper cloth.

3. Learn about and difference between, compound, polish, LSP, QD, Spray wax, AIO, paint cleaner, APC/MPC.

4. Learn about polishing machines. ROB, DA and RB.

5. Learn about different polishing pad for the above mentioned machines.

No: 1+2 is to make sure you minimize swirls and scratches to the paint. No: 3 is for maintenance. No: 4+5 is for correction.

Personally for noobie, for polishes get megs, for LSP and Paint cleaner/AIO get DG/Duragloss.

For most of the abbreviations used here pls refer to this

For techniques and "how to" google and youtube is your friend.

vr2turbo

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
Yup, if want to go deeper lots to learn.... smile_tongue.gif

nagato

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

nagato

4th Gear