Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Radiator Fan

• Please log in to reply

freaksl

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

freaksl

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hey guys ,
recently bought a 2007 Proton gen 2 manual ,
first of all it has that RPM rising thing , and some says its normal to high RPM when changing gears .

yesterday when I stopped the car i heard that the radiator fan is on even though the engine is switched off.
i had a savvy before so I thought may be it has the same feature of shutting down after engine cool down, and went for a dinner , when I came and to see the the fan is still spinning (for about one hour) tried starting the engine and the battery is dead, had to get a jump start and come back home, after coming home switched off the engine , fan is not working after engine is off,

this is something wrong with the fan motor relay ? or something else
i have a 65amp battery on this previous owner said need to change the battery but 65amp is correct ? whats the best amp for the battery for Gen 2

thanks in advance guys
any help is appreciated as im new to this car

jasondotcom

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

jasondotcom

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
QUOTE (freaksl @ Jul 12 2013, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys ,
recently bought a 2007 Proton gen 2 manual ,
first of all it has that RPM rising thing , and some says its normal to high RPM when changing gears .

yesterday when I stopped the car i heard that the radiator fan is on even though the engine is switched off.
i had a savvy before so I thought may be it has the same feature of shutting down after engine cool down, and went for a dinner , when I came and to see the the fan is still spinning (for about one hour) tried starting the engine and the battery is dead, had to get a jump start and come back home, after coming home switched off the engine , fan is not working after engine is off,

this is something wrong with the fan motor relay ? or something else
i have a 65amp battery on this previous owner said need to change the battery but 65amp is correct ? whats the best amp for the battery for Gen 2

thanks in advance guys
any help is appreciated as im new to this car

For the automatic rpm rising in between each manual shiftings is the thing that i have been wondering since the introduction of Gen 2 manual last time. I still have not got a good answer to it. I myself find it very annoying and stupid that the rpm blips whenever the clutch is stepped on to shift gears.

On your radiator fan goes on after engine off. I gather that usually that happens when u just did a hard drive before reaching your destination and switching off. It's to cool down further. However, the way you put it, perhaps its got other issues. Please check on your cooling system.