Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2009 Q7 Diesel Rm270k Vs Rm255k 2011 Prado 2.7petrol

• Please log in to reply

tusco

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

tusco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
Am deciding to upgrade from my current Tucson to either recond Q7 or Prado.... Prado is first choice except for the 2.7 Petrol engine...also Q7 comes with more equipment lah...

Any thots?

br1

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (tusco @ Jul 5 2013, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am deciding to upgrade from my current Tucson to either recond Q7 or Prado.... Prado is first choice except for the 2.7 Petrol engine...also Q7 comes with more equipment lah...

Any thots?

Of course - no need to think if I am buying between the. 2 cars, is Q7
1st - small price difference if you can afford above 200k car!
2nd - Q7 is diesel and fuel saving compared to a 2.7 gas gustler prado
3rd - if you check the real mileage I think the Q7 will be low as most of the ex owner who own these type of conti cars usually have many other cars and seldom use their car to the extreme, unlike prado ex owner
4th - drive a Q7 also different status and prestige
And to me still many many more reasons, but the final decision is still for you to consider, just my input of opinion.
Cheers!

tusco

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

tusco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Jul 5 2013, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course - no need to think if I am buying between the. 2 cars, is Q7
1st - small price difference if you can afford above 200k car!
2nd - Q7 is diesel and fuel saving compared to a 2.7 gas gustler prado
3rd - if you check the real mileage I think the Q7 will be low as most of the ex owner who own these type of conti cars usually have many other cars and seldom use their car to the extreme, unlike prado ex owner
4th - drive a Q7 also different status and prestige
And to me still many many more reasons, but the final decision is still for you to consider, just my input of opinion.
Cheers!

Thanks Br1...you are right, the Q7 i saw only clocked 20k km and quite well maintained.

Actually same thots on the rest of the points but just worried higher maintanence for Audi and Prado always been my fav...most important, i didn't realize Q7 could become affordable...LOL

br1

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (tusco @ Jul 5 2013, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Br1...you are right, the Q7 i saw only clocked 20k km and quite well maintained.

Actually same thots on the rest of the points but just worried higher maintanence for Audi and Prado always been my fav...most important, i didn't realize Q7 could become affordable...LOL

Very frankly, cost of maintenance will be higher than a jap cars or SUV,
and for a diesel is just diesel fuel filter, air filter and engine oil are most critical and must be maintain regularly!
but it is worth the money spent if you can afford it, 1st of most - must maintain it and it will serve you well worth the money spent over Jap cars or SUVs, Just my 2 cts.