Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

3rd Generation Mazda3

• Please log in to reply

Breadman

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
This is nice and something I would buy. Other Japanese cars in this segment and price range are rather uninspiring. smile.gif

"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

amir

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Jun 30 2013, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is nice and something I would buy. Other Japanese cars in this segment and price range are rather uninspiring. smile.gif

Gotta to agree. This is one mighty fine looking car, in and out. Will patiently wait for the MPS version. I need that 250 bhp, 350 Nm torque and manual tranny for my balik kampung trip to the east coast via the Karak, Lipis and Gua Musang route. And also the 400 litres boot space for family of five.

williaml

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
If Skyactiv with turbocharged engine available, then it is high possibility to have 3rd generation Mazda3 MPS.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

ishirolee

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

ishirolee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Jul 2 2013, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Skyactiv with turbocharged engine available, then it is high possibility to have 3rd generation Mazda3 MPS.

ZOOM ZOOM...

Hi William, any indication it will be arriving to our shore?
ishiro

williaml

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Most probably by next year 1Q, or could be earlier.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

bum99my

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

bum99my

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
After using my new M6 2.0 for about a month, here are my thoughts on the car with comparison made against my 2009 M6 2.0. The car was driven in mixed situation, gravel, kampung roads and highways. Mileage is 3,000km, top speed driven 140kph. Consumption achieved is 6.5L/100km.

I like:

1) the leather seats (with red stitching!).
2) the bluetooth in the ICE paired with my nokia 920.
3) one touch on all windows.
4) the dashboard display colours (white as opposed to red in my old car)
5) very nice to drive, a bit sedate though.
6) audio system ( a big improvement from the old car)
7) overall ambience of the cabin. It is a nice place to be in.
8) aluminium colour. Easier to clean than my older car - black.

I dislike:

1) the centre aircond louvres are too low.
2) the clock is too low and too close to the left air cond temp display. You have to look twice to see the time.
3) all doors pockets too small. The CD case has to be kept in glove compartment.
4) the car is a bit sedate. The older car seemed to have a bit more ooomph. I am not talking about acceleration. It has
acceleration. The car just seemed a bit relaxed in its power delivery.

I really really really hate the ICE interface with regards to the iPod and USB. It doesn't remember last song played.!!! Everytime you start the engine, it will play the first song in the playlist. EVERYTIME!! I have close to 700 songs in my iPod. I have to scroll the list.....aiyah! If you use the iPod, then switch to radio, then back to iPod, the ICE doesn't recognise it. You have to remove the iPod, reinsert the connector and it will play the first song again....
The same for the USB. You must have a playlist in the USB or else it will play the first song too. How to make playlist??? The manual doesn't give instructions!

Ah well...other than that, I am glad that I got this car. Definitely a step up from my older model. I don't thrash my car or speed it to the limit. So my apologies to those who expect my thoughts on handling or such things. I have none on those. I just like the car as is. smile.gif

Breadman

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (amir @ Jul 1 2013, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta to agree. This is one mighty fine looking car, in and out. Will patiently wait for the MPS version. I need that 250 bhp, 350 Nm torque and manual tranny for my balik kampung trip to the east coast via the Karak, Lipis and Gua Musang route. And also the 400 litres boot space for family of five.

You can admire the picture while you wait. smile_big.gif
Chun! Fatter tyres, larger alloys, rear diffuser, twin exhaust and lower stance. IMO, for this car you must have it in red.
http://www.themotorr...-hatch-rendered
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

MASsenger

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Any leaks on price.

The REALdeal

williaml

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
The 3rd gen Mazda3, first comes with CBU units, earliest available in 1Q 2014, pricing should be slightly higher than previous gen of CBU Mazda3 2.0L; there is no 1.6L on New Mazda3.

ZOOM ZOOM...

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

MASsenger

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Aug 22 2013, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 3rd gen Mazda3, first comes with CBU units, earliest available in 1Q 2014, pricing should be slightly higher than previous gen of CBU Mazda3 2.0L; there is no 1.6L on New Mazda3.

ZOOM ZOOM...

That would put it around $130K +/-. CKD around $120? As it's going to be all NA,1.6L would be underpowered. Many of C segments cars a priced below this, wonder if it's going be tough for Madza to capture market share.

The REALdeal