Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Opinions Needed Pls~

• Please log in to reply

carlsonrt

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

carlsonrt

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new here~ I was started to get interest to Superbikes recently.
But as a beginner i know there's alot for me to learn first, and there r also some questions i would like to ask before i started this hobby. Can anyone suggest a most recommendable bike for me with my follow conditions?

- I juz a fresh graduated student & new worker with average salary income(around RM1500). Personally i would like a affordable bike that is suitable for long distance drive(doesn't need to be really big), affordable maintenance and insurans, easy to repair and spare parts easy to be found.

- Kawasaki is NOT my first choice coz it's too popular and common, i like unique stuff~ Heard some of my friends recommend Yamaha n Honda to me though~

Further questions will be ask after i survey all your comments n opinions, thanks~ =)

diver

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

diver

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
QUOTE (carlsonrt @ Jun 15 2013, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,

I'm new here~ I was started to get interest to Superbikes recently.
But as a beginner i know there's alot for me to learn first, and there r also some questions i would like to ask before i started this hobby. Can anyone suggest a most recommendable bike for me with my follow conditions?

- I juz a fresh graduated student & new worker with average salary income(around RM1500). Personally i would like a affordable bike that is suitable for long distance drive(doesn't need to be really big), affordable maintenance and insurans, easy to repair and spare parts easy to be found.

- Kawasaki is NOT my first choice coz it's too popular and common, i like unique stuff~ Heard some of my friends recommend Yamaha n Honda to me though~

Further questions will be ask after i survey all your comments n opinions, thanks~ =)

Hi,

Nice to hear that you have been bitten by the superbike bug! Anyway, you are thinking of getting a superbike with such a salary? No offence, but don't you think you should give it some time first? Get some increment or something before going on your superbike journey? Coz they are not that cheap to maintain. Anyway, if you still are interested, you could go for some second-hand bike out there. Just make sure that you get some professional help in selecting the right one (reliability-wise, that is).

If you are into getting one that has the best balance between daily commuting and the adrenalin rush that is inevitable when riding one of these monsters, go for the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade. Nothing beats it for plain practicality. Check reviews of the latest model in magazines such as Visor Down, Performance Bikes, Motorcycle News and Two Wheels and you would know what I mean. The Japanese bikes are more practical, and the spare parts more affordable. You don't need to buy the fastest to enjoy a superbike, although it has become a mindset with most who are venturing into such a world. The Italian bikes are more eccentric, and they have their fair share of followers, but when it comes to maintenance, then be prepared for it!!

carlsonrt

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

carlsonrt

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

Thanks for your opinions so far, n pls don't worry about offending me, since I'm new then means I need to learn n absorb from opinions~ Well actually personally I don't mind of buying a second handed bike or even a smaller engine bike, so far I just wish to find a bike that's suitable for everyday use n can travel long distance with friends. And I see u're suggesting a Honda CBR1000RR for me, but don't u think its too big for a newbie like me? I saw there's a bike called Benelli TNT600 in magazine, it's probably the cheapest bike among its "opponent". But I wonder wether it's easy to maintain n service or not? Is there any more suggestion u can provide?

furthis

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

furthis

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (diver @ Jul 7 2013, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Nice to hear that you have been bitten by the superbike bug! Anyway, you are thinking of getting a superbike with such a salary? No offence, but don't you think you should give it some time first? Get some increment or something before going on your superbike journey? Coz they are not that cheap to maintain. Anyway, if you still are interested, you could go for some second-hand bike out there. Just make sure that you get some professional help in selecting the right one (reliability-wise, that is).

If you are into getting one that has the best balance between daily commuting and the adrenalin rush that is inevitable when riding one of these monsters, go for the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade. Nothing beats it for plain practicality. Check reviews of the latest model in magazines such as Visor Down, Performance Bikes, Motorcycle News and Two Wheels and you would know what I mean. The Japanese bikes are more practical, and the spare parts more affordable. You don't need to buy the fastest to enjoy a superbike, although it has become a mindset with most who are venturing into such a world. The Italian bikes are more eccentric, and they have their fair share of followers, but when it comes to maintenance, then be prepared for it!!

Hi Carlsonrt and Diver, sorry to interrupt here.
I also interested in superbike for quite a long time, riding xp is 5 yrs( 110cc - 150cc)
Diver, i interested in naked bike like ER6 & Duke 690.
Wish to have your opinion too. i dont know where to start.. lol..

Thanks!

diver

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

diver

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
QUOTE (carlsonrt @ Jul 9 2013, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Thanks for your opinions so far, n pls don't worry about offending me, since I'm new then means I need to learn n absorb from opinions~ Well actually personally I don't mind of buying a second handed bike or even a smaller engine bike, so far I just wish to find a bike that's suitable for everyday use n can travel long distance with friends. And I see u're suggesting a Honda CBR1000RR for me, but don't u think its too big for a newbie like me? I saw there's a bike called Benelli TNT600 in magazine, it's probably the cheapest bike among its "opponent". But I wonder wether it's easy to maintain n service or not? Is there any more suggestion u can provide?

Well, the Benelli is on the eyes of many of us who have dreams of buying something bigger than a kapcai!! It is similar to the Kawasaki Z800 - in terms of pricing, that is. Not as expensive as most of us would expect for a bike with such an engine displacement. The Kawa retails at RM47000++ while the Benelli 600 is priced at around RM32000 - not quite sure about the price of its 800cc sibling, though. It is my belief that the Benelli, like the Z800, is locally assembled, hence the price. Another bike which is very competitively priced is the Aprilia Shiver 750, a naked bike that is retailing for around RM38000 here in Kuantan.

The ultimate choice is still yours, though. If you are travelling in KL, well, there would be no problem for sourcing spare parts. It's just that you've got to be a litle prepared when buying these so-called exotic brands. That is why they are called "exotic" - you pay more for performance similar or even lower to the makes from Japan, which generally, are more practical for road use. The exotics are more track-focussed. The Euro is the biggest contributing factor in their pricing, of course. Sure, you have the die-hard Ducati, Aprilia, Motoguzzi and Benenlli fans; then againl, you do have die-hards for Ferrari, Lamborghini and the likes, don't you? It is what they call the "ooommph" factor. Not that these bikes aren't good - far from that - you need to spend more on maintenance, that's all.

DarthDude

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

DarthDude

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
Erm...... I think the most important thing you need to ask yourselves is "What am I going to be doing with the bike?"

Bikes- more than cars- come in very different flavours and it's VERY easy to end up with something you can't use in the way you intended so answering this all-important first question correctly and HONESTLY is where you need to begin.

Once you've done that then it's possible to give advice. So... in the words of Frazier Crane- "I'm listening"

Btw... pls don'e get me wrong... I'm not some super power bigtime biker sifu. I only been riding about 5 years but I HAVE made mistakes with my bike purchases and maybe can help you avoid making the same ones I did.
1991 Mercedes 300E24 Sportline
1997 Range Rover 2.5DSE
2005 BMW R1100S Boxercup Replica
2008 Gilera Fuoco
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer

diver

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

diver

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
QUOTE (furthis @ Jul 12 2013, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Carlsonrt and Diver, sorry to interrupt here.
I also interested in superbike for quite a long time, riding xp is 5 yrs( 110cc - 150cc)
Diver, i interested in naked bike like ER6 & Duke 690.
Wish to have your opinion too. i dont know where to start.. lol..

Thanks!

Personally, I do not know much of these two models, as I don't fancy them. The Duke is picking up sales, mainly in the 200cc category mainly because of its affordability.

What category of naked bike are you interested in, anyway? What cc? The Kawa Z800 is quite a good bargain at the going price. Many are owning this model. Looks aggresive and has enough service centres. Or you could venture into the exotic category, meaning into makes from Europe. The Aprilia Shiver 750 is just below RM40000, and the Ducati Monster is at RM63000. It all depends on your budget, really.

carlsonrt

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

carlsonrt

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply, abit busy recently. Thanks alot for ur suggestions~ As i read ur comments, I think I shall follow the phase step by step lol. So if let say I start from basic 250cc bike, what would be more practical? My dad have some knowledge about engine, he told me that single cylinder engine will be more disadvantage in long distance drive, is that so? And another problem is that I'm actually not traveling in KL, but Seremban* , so spare parts n services do worries me~

DarthDude

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

DarthDude

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts
Erm....... I'd still like to have a better idea what you're going to do with this bike. Are you going to be travelling long distance up and down the country, are you just going to commute around Seremban, are you going racing or are you going to be doing a lot of weekend runs around the mountains?

1991 Mercedes 300E24 Sportline
1997 Range Rover 2.5DSE
2005 BMW R1100S Boxercup Replica
2008 Gilera Fuoco
2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer

carlsonrt

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

carlsonrt

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Haha, no I'm not a racer, nor a dare devil. What I wanna be is a traveller or a tourer~ I'm the type of person that likes to ride my bike and go travel from state to state, go for food hunting in weekend or holiday with a group of friends. But it's hard to say that I don't care about appearance also coz I'm still young anyway haha~