Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Brake Rotor Advise

• Please log in to reply

devils555

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

devils555

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hi hi...

I'm thinking of changing my current original rotor but couldn't decide which is better and it seems quite hard to find some of them.

The current market brands
1)Project Mu
2)Dixcel
3)DBA
4)Jun

Anyone had try one of them before...I'm sure Project Mu will have alot of user...I'm currently using Endless Y-Sport pads and I'm looking for a even better rotors...Thanks

vr2turbo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Oh! all branded stuffs. I only using cheap Shoji from spare part shop.... smile_tongue.gif

moneyhum

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

moneyhum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 13 2013, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh! all branded stuffs. I only using cheap Shoji from spare part shop.... smile_tongue.gif

When to change it?
If my car (8 years) crushing high speed a bit vibrate ( after alignment & balancing ) is it mean the rotor problem ?
If yes why no shop ever advise me to change ................?

Never change any rotor in my life.......

jklow123

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (moneyhum @ Jan 10 2014, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When to change it?
If my car (8 years) crushing high speed a bit vibrate ( after alignment & balancing ) is it mean the rotor problem ?

You mentioned vibration during high speed cruising...not during braking.
Based on this, it might not be the rotors.
Check your 4 rims first to ensure they are perfectly round.
Many tyres also become "out of round" as they wear down. These can cause the vibration you mentioned. All the balancing and alignment will not fully rectify these problems.

vr2turbo

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (moneyhum @ Jan 10 2014, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When to change it?

Agree with bro. jklow, the balancing either not done well, or your wheel could be off center and may be dented.
If you hit the brakes and the steering vibrates then your disc rotor is warp. You can send to skim if the disc are still thick, if not then change. But from your explanation it is more of balancing and fitting problem.

davidlow7

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:01 AM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 10 2014, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree with bro. jklow, the balancing either not done well, or your wheel could be off center and may be dented.
If you hit the brakes and the steering vibrates then your disc rotor is warp. You can send to skim if the disc are still thick, if not then change. But from your explanation it is more of balancing and fitting problem.

My gf's dad Persona vibrates when pressing the brake.. the feeling is greater when >80km/h

Alignment and Balancing guy have checked the rim they are all okay.. they recommend disc rotor...

Went to Proton SC to check and they mentioned the same too... although

*Supposed to claim warranty but it was like just >2 weeks after warranty.. the issue was like 6 months ago and nobody mentioned till i took and drove it last 2 weeks and discovered.. haiz

irony

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
QUOTE (devils555 @ Jun 13 2013, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi hi...

I'm thinking of changing my current original rotor but couldn't decide which is better and it seems quite hard to find some of them.

The current market brands
1)Project Mu
2)Dixcel
3)DBA
4)Jun

Anyone had try one of them before...I'm sure Project Mu will have alot of user...I'm currently using Endless Y-Sport pads and I'm looking for a even better rotors...Thanks

JUN? lol.. JUN never make brake parts.. those e-slit rotors are fake.

vr2turbo

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (davidlow7 @ Jan 13 2014, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My gf's dad Persona vibrates when pressing the brake.. the feeling is greater when >80km/h

Alignment and Balancing guy have checked the rim they are all okay.. they recommend disc rotor...

Went to Proton SC to check and they mentioned the same too... although

*Supposed to claim warranty but it was like just >2 weeks after warranty.. the issue was like 6 months ago and nobody mentioned till i took and drove it last 2 weeks and discovered.. haiz

Wear and tear parts also have shorter warranty periods.... smile_blackeye.gif