Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Improved Camry 2013

• Please log in to reply

Tourist

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Aug 2 2013, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember a long long time ago, there was this advertorial from UMW T promoting the advancement of VSC on their Altis that the stun man just couldnt do anythings on Altis because it has the VSC in place.

And now....the so call car maker said we "actually" do not need it, so why they promote to the public at the first place? Perhaps the camry has superior engineering from the land of rising sun that make it do without the VSC?? smile_big.gif

smile_tongue.gif

UMW Toyota takes Malaysian for fools. They think they can get away with it because of their name. I called that "Social Irresponsibility".

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

alldisc

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (voldai @ Aug 1 2013, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are all Malaysia roads quality are same as Sepang track? If you loose control of your car (without VCS), you will tell the world how important that to have VCS installed and it does save your life (If you survive). Not at stupidly high speed, just at 90 km, the Camry (without VCS) loose control.

UMW launched camry at sepang track, anyone remember? No?. it was there that journalist thrashed the camrys; all without VSC at the highest speed possible (not neck breaking though as they are not 5 series or Jaguar XF). not a single camry went out of control during corners even in standard suspension setting.

dont forget, UMW one of the pioneers to equip VSC (other than continental) in the new millenium. that time they were thinking VSC could make a difference but then after so many years they had realised VSC does not make much difference unless the car is driven at ridiculous high speed whether in dry or wet road or snow/ice surface.

for malaysian road and under normal driving, ABS and good condition tyres will do more than enough.

ymfoo

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Aug 14 2013, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UMW launched camry at sepang track, anyone remember? No?. it was there that journalist thrashed the camrys; all without VSC at the highest speed possible (not neck breaking though as they are not 5 series or Jaguar XF). not a single camry went out of control during corners even in standard suspension setting.

dont forget, UMW one of the pioneers to equip VSC (other than continental) in the new millenium. that time they were thinking VSC could make a difference but then after so many years they had realised VSC does not make much difference unless the car is driven at ridiculous high speed whether in dry or wet road or snow/ice surface.

for malaysian road and under normal driving, ABS and good condition tyres will do more than enough.

If that is the case, why the hell would UMWT upgrade the Camry with VSC. You logic falls flat here.
Cars, Oh cars......

alldisc

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (ymfoo @ Aug 15 2013, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that is the case, why the hell would UMWT upgrade the Camry with VSC. You logic falls flat here.

that was the logic used by UMW. not me.

they are common sense actually. the european, american, korean, chinese and japanese desperately need cars with VSC/ESP since they are 4 season countries and it snows in winter. thats why they request ESP as mandatory fit item.

as an insurance adjuster, i knew many accidents in malaysia are because of carelessness (slow reaction in traffic crawl, poor judgement in cornering or parking - both at slow speed and wont activate neither ABS nor ESP) or excessive speed whether in dry or wet conditions - inconsiderate drivers who doesnt value their own lives nor others.

if you want to argue with common-sense, go ahead..i cannot stop you. i am not against ESP/VSC. but it is not a big deal. just boasted out loud to benefit marketing activities in the competetive business segment.

like 6 speed auto versus 4 speed auto - only ppl with technology knowledge will realise that additional 2 gears are not 5th and 6th but actually more between 2nd and 4th (that means 3rd and 4th). It still does have 1st gear to move the car with little effort and an overdrive ratio for a relaxed and economical drive.

vios2000

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (ymfoo @ Aug 15 2013, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When the sales statistic keep dropping, Management compare the YTD, YTM, YTY data and asking the WHY WHY WHY questions,

some roles play out of my imagination.... hehe....hope you enjoy and just for fun only..

Mr Boss: Mr Sales Director, Can you tell me why the data where so bad as compared to the last few quarters ever since the model launch?

Mr SD : (Alamak! why this question again! you know the reason lah! why ask again?) Sir, you know, nowadays the D segment is so competitive, many choices, the stupid competitor cut price and give so many goodies, 5 years warranty, Free service, discount which is not our way of doing business. You know, our philosophy (was and) always is to provide to customer a reliable and hassle free vehicle not the initial so call goodies, we built Fantastic products, We develop relationship with the father, then the father buy another car for the lovely wife, then another one for his kids, another one for his girl friend..OOps pardon me. what i meant was he recommend to his Female friends. Thats our culture of doing business boss !

Mr Boss: Oh ! Ya, Thats refresh my old sweet memories when i first sold the KE 10 to my best friend and now the whole family, including the cucu also drive our brands. But I still need want the figures !! Ms Customer Relationship director, tell me what is the monkey survey results?

Ms CRD : (aiya...sales tu not my area also kena spill over, SD ni...how to cover your ass now??) Boss, The survey shows that majority of the customer will definitely come back for us if they want to change car again because of our strong brand name. So They is nothing much from them at this point of time?

Mr Boss: What Majority??? I want 100 % ! what are the minority said?

Ms CRD : (Like this also can pick up from my wording...I respect you man) Well, I am not sure we need to look at those comments from the small polls perhaps those were not really our focus customer?

Mr Boss: Shows me the Data...

MS CRD : Well, if you are interested.. here we go. Some said they feel the current model design not so appealing, no new technology and.....not safe !

Mr Boss: I understand that the beauty is in the eyes of beholder, the current model is so sexy !!!(everyone clap..!) They must have no taste lah.. No new technology? come on lah, we provide PROVEN technology what else do they want !! NOT Safe?? You must be kidding ! Did you know how many STARs we score in the 3 party testing ?

to be continue....

wha9830

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

wha9830

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
sorry for hijaking the tread.

i was one lucky man that walk out from a horrible 2008 Camry 2.0E WITHOUT VSC crash in early March. since i could not afford the 2.0G that come with the VSC then, my drive was always as careful as can be and within the legal speed limit.

one old man driver decided to stop his car on the fast lane on the highway in the wee hours of the morning. by the time i noticed the stationery car, i swerved my car to avoid hitting it. my car went into a uncontrollable spin at about 100kph.

it was about 0630 and the highway was clear of traffic.

the car was a write off as it sufferred both serious frontal and back damage. both the engine and transmission was cracked and sunk by about 100mm. the 2 airbags was not deployed although on the last impact, my car hit perpendicularly to the amco barrier and sprung the car back by more than 300mm.

so to those who is of the opinion that VSC is not necessary (UM* or otherwise, you might as well remove the seat belts in the FL to increase your profit or to save your cost). incidentally, my 2003 camry 2.0E come without the rear door ajar warning light although the fitting was there....not necessary again in toyota mindset.

i am a die hard toyota fan but i had changed camp now.

diesel

Tourist

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Aug 15 2013, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that was the logic used by UMW. not me.

they are common sense actually. the european, american, korean, chinese and japanese desperately need cars with VSC/ESP since they are 4 season countries and it snows in winter. thats why they request ESP as mandatory fit item.

as an insurance adjuster, i knew many accidents in malaysia are because of carelessness (slow reaction in traffic crawl, poor judgement in cornering or parking - both at slow speed and wont activate neither ABS nor ESP) or excessive speed whether in dry or wet conditions - inconsiderate drivers who doesnt value their own lives nor others.

if you want to argue with common-sense, go ahead..i cannot stop you. i am not against ESP/VSC. but it is not a big deal. just boasted out loud to benefit marketing activities in the competetive business segment.

like 6 speed auto versus 4 speed auto - only ppl with technology knowledge will realise that additional 2 gears are not 5th and 6th but actually more between 2nd and 4th (that means 3rd and 4th). It still does have 1st gear to move the car with little effort and an overdrive ratio for a relaxed and economical drive.

You may be a careful driver but there are idiots on the road doing unexpected thing on the highway. AFAIK, people do not wish for accident and that’s why they call unfortunate happening “accident”.

Car "A" is same price as Car "C".
Car "A" comes with VSC and Car "C" doesn't, why have to pick Car "C"?

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

btu32s

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

btu32s

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
Camry narrowly avoids being slammed by big rock in Taiwan

this situation could have happened in Malaysia. i believe having VSC would make a difference

Tourist

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
Basically, those who said VSC is of no use possess crystal ball to tell them when will accident happen. By knowing when accident will happen, they can avoid accident so there is no need for VSC. Wish I have one of those to predict Magnum 4D numbers.

LordBG

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

LordBG

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
May I know what is the update status for this issue?

Anybody got any response from Toyota Malaysia?