Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Improved Camry 2013

• Please log in to reply

khor74

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

khor74

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
To All XV50 Camry 2.0G & 2.5V (w/o VSC, TRC, ...) Owners,

I already lodged a report to Toyota Japan last Friday, 17/May to complain against Toyota Malaysia on its immoral and irresponsible business strategy.
An acknowledgement have been received from Mr Mizutani, General Manager of the Overseas Operations Department (Customer Relations Division) that an official NCR had been filed and referred to UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd for their further actions.

Let's act together in group to show our dissatisfaction to Toyota HQ against Toyota Malaysia on this issue and request for retrofitment!
I have been in the automotive industry for more than 10 years, I know that it is technically possible to recall and fit at least.. the VSC and TRC for us.
Worst case is we might need to send our 'overpriced' Camry to their assembly plant for the fitment.

Here is the email address (Toyota Japan) where I logged my complaint:
ap-overseas@mail.toyota.co.jp

My backup plan will be further escalation to Consumer Association, media and legal actions (if necessary) against this irresponsible business ethic by Toyota Motor.

Please support... thank you!

XV50 Camry Owner
(Car delivery date: 28/Aug/2012)

khor74

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

khor74

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Btw, few of the concerns that I had brought up during communication with Toyota Motor (Japan) were:

- Why the mentioned upgrades/improvements were done in such a short time after the initial launch?!

- Resale value for all XV50 Camry without VSC & TRC features will drop like shit from now on and who should responsible for this "tragedy"?

- The best solution now is retrofitment of... at least VSC & TRC for all the "victims" here.

LS71

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (khor74 @ May 23 2013, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw, few of the concerns that I had brought up during communication with Toyota Motor (Japan) were:

- Why the mentioned upgrades/improvements were done in such a short time after the initial launch?!

- Resale value for all XV50 Camry without VSC & TRC features will drop like shit from now on and who should responsible for this "tragedy"?

- The best solution now is retrofitment of... at least VSC & TRC for all the "victims" here.

I really pity those owners who bought the first batch of current camry ... this is not the first time ...

br1

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (LS71 @ May 23 2013, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really pity those owners who bought the first batch of current camry ... this is not the first time ...

Still many loyal T buyers buying at an overpriced car and low specs car - cos it a T for it 2nd hand value? nowadays different

jayraptor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

You have done the right thing for yourself and for other Camry owners. Problem here could be either the local management or the T Japan trying to cut cost and maximise profit from the start thinking that people will buy blindly.

Reason for the early upgrade is due to poor sales losing to competitor. Because of this, they are willing to give VSC & TRC. The same goes to Altis '08 fitted with old engine & 4AT. When its sales loosing badly to even Korean makes in here and elsewhere, they immediately came up with face lift giving new dual VVTi engine and CVT gearbox with improved suspension.

Agree, they should give you the VSC & TRC for free. Please post on LowYat Car forum as there are more genuine viewers. Spread this all over to gain support.

vios2000

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ May 24 2013, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have done the right thing for yourself and for other Camry owners. Problem here could be either the local management or the T Japan trying to cut cost and maximise profit from the start thinking that people will buy blindly.

Reason for the early upgrade is due to poor sales losing to competitor. Because of this, they are willing to give VSC & TRC. The same goes to Altis '08 fitted with old engine & 4AT. When its sales loosing badly to even Korean makes in here and elsewhere, they immediately came up with face lift giving new dual VVTi engine and CVT gearbox with improved suspension.

Agree, they should give you the VSC & TRC for free. Please post on LowYat Car forum as there are more genuine viewers. Spread this all over to gain support.

Yes. I was one of those, in 2009, I bought an Altis, it looks like a complete new model but it is still the same 4AT and old engine. After one year, facelift to become cvt and dual vvti.

And now, I look at the new Camry that either T or UMWT trying to screw customer again. Nevertheless, I can see there must be some screw up internally where either some dump ass trying to save cost or need to gain more profit by not offering the safety equipment a or there is big screw up in the contract department where no vsc is supply to the plant....

There could be endless reason there but in the end, you make the decision to buy a car and you buy what is good for you isn't it ?

Cheers

jolokia

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ May 24 2013, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not true Altis actually lost to Civic during that time as Civic have much sporty looks & better GB, nothing to do with Korean car, those day only Avante & Spectra which nobody want & end up throwing huge discount.
NASA also did the same thing, first batch Forte only coms with 4 speed GB, then instantly change to 6 speed GB, same go K5 change their engine from Theta2 to Nu why don't u go bising in lowyat forum ?
U think mfg care what lowyat forum said ah.? Most of those forum member there can't afford Camry, there just make noise like crow. happy.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

Tourist

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Many people already knew it does not have VSC and chose not to buy it. If you opt to buy it with open eyes, you shouldn't complaint.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

khor74

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

khor74

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
I already received an official letter from UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd pertaining the filed NCR; and as guess and expected, contents of the two pages letter is almost nonsense to me. Some even sounds like a joke to me.

It is time now for us to proceed with alternative channels to gain back by our rights as a consumer!
Please be informed that from now on, I will treat this issue as part of the Toyota Motor's responsibilities rather than only UMW Toyota Motor's.
I already started to liaise with NCCC (National Consumer Complaints Centre) and selected press media on the issue.

In order to show to NCCC and press media that I am not the only complainant/victim in this case, I would like to seek for supports from all the relevant XV50 Camry Owners.
Please drop an email with your full name and XV50 Camry's model (2.0G/2.5V) to:
camry2012owners@gmail.com
I will put you all in the loop then for all upcoming communications with NCCC and press media.

Please support and help to spread the message to all other "victims" out there.

Together we see the difference! Thank you!

jolokia

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ May 27 2013, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many people already knew it does not have VSC and chose not to buy it. If you opt to buy it with open eyes, you shouldn't complaint.

Couldn't agreed more on this, it's not that UMW Toyota claimed the car come with VSC while supplied car that doesn't have VSC, owner already know this but still bought the car, so now what to persuade ? 1st batch Forte come with 4 speeds GB so should they persuade NAZA give them 6 speeds GB for free ? Or K5 owner ask for free Nu engine ? Some people r really ridiculous.
smile_angry.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim