Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Outside Mist Windshield During Rain

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
Wah! brother, already 2 years, how time flies. You never upkeep until now ah!...... smile_tongue.gif

cbsteh

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (sastro @ May 8 2013, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all masters,

Just got my new car about 2 months ago. Somehow during raining recently, the windshield builds mist/smudge on the outside when the wiper running. If I run the wiper just once (drizzling), the mist appears only for 5 second then disappears, but the wiper runs continuously during heavy rain, then the mist/smudge will appear all the time and quite disturbing my visibility.

Some car saloon offered me to do glass coating for RM 250. Is it necessary? as it's only 2 months old car.

Need your suggestion happy.gif

Thanks.

If you like to try something different, use this Jap product from Autobacs Klang:

It is from Taihokohzai. It removes oil film (those smudges you are seeing) very well. Just spray and wipe off.

KrisMas

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
How much? What volume?

cbsteh

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ May 17 2013, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much? What volume?

It is 150 mL and cost RM28+. They actually come in various sizes and strength. I got their most powerful one. smile_big.gif

See here (all in Jap):
http://www.amazon.co...C/dp/B006FPK6ZS

http://www.taihokohz...iew.php?kvid=16

http://www.amazon.co...2/dp/B003B2AFQI

KrisMas

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
K. Thanks for the ups.

vr2turbo

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
Wonder why they sell Jap products in Malaysia without translation?.... smile_blackeye.gif

cbsteh

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 18 2013, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder why they sell Jap products in Malaysia without translation?.... smile_blackeye.gif

Some products have brief, albeit broken, English translations. Google translation from Jap to English is also very poor (even Malay to English and vice versa is better). I think it is difficult to translate Jap to other languages.

vr2turbo

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ May 22 2013, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some products have brief, albeit broken, English translations. Google translation from Jap to English is also very poor (even Malay to English and vice versa is better). I think it is difficult to translate Jap to other languages.

My ex company used to import German product, but before we put them into the market we stick English instructions over the labels....that is what I meant, if Jap bottle we buy don't know how to use..... smile_blackeye.gif