Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Engine Oil Additive And Fuel Additive

• Please log in to reply

cheongss

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

cheongss

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
Hi All,

First and foremost, I wanna ask if any of you all have tried Bardahl Oil Additive? I do not know if this was is psychological or not, but my 17 year old Civic of mine had recently been treated with the Bardahl B1...and it seems like the oil additive does work magic. It runs smoother and much quieter...to my dismay even the tick tick sound has reduced pretty tremendously. After about 5k clock, this time, I flush the engine oil again and i repeat using the oil additive on top of my Castrol Magnatec 10W40 and it really feels as thought the engine is given a new lease of life...

I was searching online for awhile or two and noted there were many brands, but this brand Bardahl seems to be a heritage and it is very famous in US and continents nearby especially South America. So I try it out. And it does makes difference. on my second try out, I used the Bardahl Flush and added the Bardahl B1, now I already clock 3500km and i check the dipstick regularly. Seems like even the discoloration of the engine oil is also not as bad. It used to darken by time it reaches 2500km...now it still looks like it has been just serviced.

Dunno if it was really the Bardahl thingy, as I have tried some other before, none seems to be so effective. Even the expensive ones are not as effective. I notice the branded stuffs are in fact blended with some friction modifier which are PTFE base. This Bardahl is really beyond my expectation. Anyone tried?

Hope to find more users who have been using this Bardahl products.

Thanks

joker98

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (cheongss @ May 2 2013, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

First and foremost, I wanna ask if any of you all have tried Bardahl Oil Additive? I do not know if this was is psychological or not, but my 17 year old Civic of mine had recently been treated with the Bardahl B1...and it seems like the oil additive does work magic. It runs smoother and much quieter...to my dismay even the tick tick sound has reduced pretty tremendously. After about 5k clock, this time, I flush the engine oil again and i repeat using the oil additive on top of my Castrol Magnatec 10W40 and it really feels as thought the engine is given a new lease of life...

I was searching online for awhile or two and noted there were many brands, but this brand Bardahl seems to be a heritage and it is very famous in US and continents nearby especially South America. So I try it out. And it does makes difference. on my second try out, I used the Bardahl Flush and added the Bardahl B1, now I already clock 3500km and i check the dipstick regularly. Seems like even the discoloration of the engine oil is also not as bad. It used to darken by time it reaches 2500km...now it still looks like it has been just serviced.

Dunno if it was really the Bardahl thingy, as I have tried some other before, none seems to be so effective. Even the expensive ones are not as effective. I notice the branded stuffs are in fact blended with some friction modifier which are PTFE base. This Bardahl is really beyond my expectation. Anyone tried?

Hope to find more users who have been using this Bardahl products.

Thanks

I am using Tufoil in all my cars. Also PTFE based. Definitely improvement felt in all cars. Not necessarily power gain but engine smooth as butter and more prominent in older engines. But heard that ptfe can clog oil filter. So make sure.u change oil filter every oil change.

Now trying XADO on my turbocharged car. Also improvement felt. In this case, engine feels cooler. I take it out for a very spirited driving for 40 mins. Come home and open bonnet. Much less heat than before. On the outside the bonnet cover hardly felt warm.

cheongss

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

cheongss

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (joker98 @ May 2 2013, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am using Tufoil in all my cars. Also PTFE based. Definitely improvement felt in all cars. Not necessarily power gain but engine smooth as butter and more prominent in older engines. But heard that ptfe can clog oil filter. So make sure.u change oil filter every oil change.

Now trying XADO on my turbocharged car. Also improvement felt. In this case, engine feels cooler. I take it out for a very spirited driving for 40 mins. Come home and open bonnet. Much less heat than before. On the outside the bonnet cover hardly felt warm.

Hi Joker98,

OIC...in fact the price of Tufoil is a put away for me. I have read somewhere about PTFE based additive, so have been skeptical about PTFE and did a research on my own. I'm even trying their Bardahl Octane Booster. Well to be honest, the Octane Booster is a bit hard to feel. Yes, it feels lighter, but too sllight to make a comment. Nonetheless, a jerk when I normally appears during start up is diminishing....

I find Bardahl is hard to find, went Eneos, I found it but incomplete range, only oil additives. I check on their website, apparently they have a flagship Oil Additive called Kiwami. You should try it, heard some Jepun Turboheads that drives Mitsu Evo swears by it. I'm looking for the Kiwami for my car as well.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Cheong

joker98

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (cheongss @ May 3 2013, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Joker98,

OIC...in fact the price of Tufoil is a put away for me. I have read somewhere about PTFE based additive, so have been skeptical about PTFE and did a research on my own. I'm even trying their Bardahl Octane Booster. Well to be honest, the Octane Booster is a bit hard to feel. Yes, it feels lighter, but too sllight to make a comment. Nonetheless, a jerk when I normally appears during start up is diminishing....

I find Bardahl is hard to find, went Eneos, I found it but incomplete range, only oil additives. I check on their website, apparently they have a flagship Oil Additive called Kiwami. You should try it, heard some Jepun Turboheads that drives Mitsu Evo swears by it. I'm looking for the Kiwami for my car as well.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Cheong

I use octane booster as well. But not for the purpose of increasing horsepower. But to reduce 'knocking' of my car engine. As I am driving a turbo car, when being pushed, it can cause knocking in the car engine which is bad. Even with the RON 97 fuel, if I do sudden acceleration when fully laden with passengers..the engine knocks. So I add octane booster to my Ron 97 fuel and that helps a lot with the knocking. And naturally, when the car ECU does not sense as much knocking, it allows the advance timing for the engine to improve to the specified tune and generates a slight improvement in terms of torque and response. But it is actually more like when the engine knocks, the ECU tries to protect the engine by reducing the advance timing which causes loss of power. So by reducing the knock significantly, my ecu slowly remove the reduction when it senses less knock.

And of course at the top end power range, increased RON rating fuel will help the car to produce more horsepower.

But I believe in normal day to day driving, the improvement is very difficult to feel or judge especially in non-turbo passenger cars.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (joker98 @ May 4 2013, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use octane booster as well. But not for the purpose of increasing horsepower. But to reduce 'knocking' of my car engine. As I am driving a turbo car, when being pushed, it can cause knocking in the car engine which is bad. Even with the RON 97 fuel, if I do sudden acceleration when fully laden with passengers..the engine knocks. So I add octane booster to my Ron 97 fuel and that helps a lot with the knocking. And naturally, when the car ECU does not sense as much knocking, it allows the advance timing for the engine to improve to the specified tune and generates a slight improvement in terms of torque and response. But it is actually more like when the engine knocks, the ECU tries to protect the engine by reducing the advance timing which causes loss of power. So by reducing the knock significantly, my ecu slowly remove the reduction when it senses less knock.

And of course at the top end power range, increased RON rating fuel will help the car to produce more horsepower.

But I believe in normal day to day driving, the improvement is very difficult to feel or judge especially in non-turbo passenger cars.

Your boost must be pretty high to knock on Ron97? I use to have problem with Ron95 in my turbo, but okay when using Ron97. Now I am using 2T, (yup the 2 stroke motor bike oil) add to Ron 95, and running proper..... smile_thumbup.gif

cheongss

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

cheongss

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Yes, I agree with the Octane Booster thing. I have done extensive research on engines and combustion system. Our fuel are rated 95RON and 97RON, but due some factors, there are still a tolerance to it. Meaning that, if you pump 95RON now, with the tolerance, you may get a 92RON or lower, or even higher RON, it all depends. Formerly they use LEAD to increase the RON, a way which is much cheaper and easier to lift the Octane Level, due to environmental factor, LEAD is effectively not in use anymore. Engines with high compression like high performance VTECS, and turbocharged cars do require higher octane rated fuel. Not so much of performance factor, but more of for reducing the knocking and pinging problem. Yes and the ECU is also known to reduce or advance the timing in accordance to knock, therefore, I always believe, there is no need to rotate between RON97 or RON95. Somehow or rather it is like nurturing the ECU the wrong way. Coz the knocking thing is not consistent, all the more when we rotate the 95 and 97, it only makes the matter worse. So the safest bet is to use 95RON plus Octane Booster to increase the RON by maybe 3-5 points, good enough I think to leverage the knock and make it easier for the ECU to manage the timing effectively.

pbm

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

pbm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

I am doing the same thing as you - RON97+Octane booster biggrin.gif
Btw what make is your ride, german or french?
Practice safe driving always

lelynx

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

lelynx

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Based on what the sale told me, Bardahl B1 is for newer car
B2 is thicker and it's meant for old car which have problem 'oil consuming'
Will try out B1 later when I service my car

Any comment on Liqui Moly Ceratec? But it's not cheap though (as compared to Bardahl)

joker98

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (pbm @ Jul 5 2013, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am doing the same thing as you - RON97+Octane booster biggrin.gif
Btw what make is your ride, german or french?

Well....I am driving the Ford Smax, so brand is American but my batch assembled in Belgium. So not sure how to classify it:)

cheongss

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

cheongss

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (lelynx @ Jul 5 2013, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Based on what the sale told me, Bardahl B1 is for newer car
B2 is thicker and it's meant for old car which have problem 'oil consuming'
Will try out B1 later when I service my car

Any comment on Liqui Moly Ceratec? But it's not cheap though (as compared to Bardahl)

Liqui Moly unsure...but so far tested many and found Bardahl is most effective. They have some magnetic properties which are only propriety to them...
B1 for newer cars
B2 for cars which are over 150kkm...or older cars which have some slight engine oil depletion.

And apparently, there is an much much better version called Kiwami....that is basically OEM standard for Mitsu JDM. These are pretty reputable and u can check it out, not widely available, but if interested, pm me. I can direct you to their wholeseller in PJ.