Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New To Autoworld: Zx Forumer

• Please log in to reply

ronting

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

ronting

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi all

My name id RonTing from Klang,...i m planning to get a ZX2.0....
If anyone have good decent ZX for sale,please notify me......thx

BTW,..i m oso looking for workshop close/nearby workshop in Klang.

Regards

Ron T

br1

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (ronting @ Apr 19 2013, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all

My name id RonTing from Klang,...i m planning to get a ZX2.0....
If anyone have good decent ZX for sale,please notify me......thx

BTW,..i m oso looking for workshop close/nearby workshop in Klang.

Regards

Ron T

Good car but at the age now - too old! will required heavy miantainance and repairs, unless you really a fan or fancy the ZX.
just my 2 cts. own 1 b4

alphawolf

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 20 2013, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good car but at the age now - too old! will required heavy miantainance and repairs, unless you really a fan or fancy the ZX.
just my 2 cts. own 1 b4

agreed. if you really want, try to get a 1.8 manual version. my uncle has one plus a c5. he is happy with it except for the melting plastics lol.

or, buy two. one keep as a sparepart car.

br1

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Apr 20 2013, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed. if you really want, try to get a 1.8 manual version. my uncle has one plus a c5. he is happy with it except for the melting plastics lol.

or, buy two. one keep as a sparepart car.

Agreed!

nuggyn

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
parts? no worries.
can get from China. Cheap cheap.

ronting

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

ronting

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (nuggyn @ Apr 21 2013, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
parts? no worries.
can get from China. Cheap cheap.

Thx guys 4 all d feedback,...
Had call few fellas,mostly direct owners a week ago,bt not manage to view yet (zx1.8 to 2.0).
At least with direct,can ask more info abt servis rekod & history of d car.....

Not easy2 get a good 1.......cheep 1=badly mainten,..good1= well mainten= expensiff
smile_tongue.gif

mychemu

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

mychemu

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
I found it is very difficult to find > 10 years car in a mint condition like ZX, Xantia. If you can find one, most likely it is not for sale because the owner has so much personal attach into it. I exclude the older BX, XM because I am not into that. I used to spend time looking for any good condition Xantia but to no avail. The best time to buy a used Citroen is ~ after 3 years of usage. Why ? because:

1. The car has depreciated in value about 50-60%. The depreciation rate max out during the 1st 3 years.
2. Within 3 years of usage, the car is still within warranty which go for servicing regularly at dealer SC. The car also high likely has not been abused by the owner. Mileage expected ~ 60K km.
3. Major/expensive parts are not yet due for replacement. If it is, it isolated to only specific parts, not many parts broken at the same time on older car.

ronting

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

ronting

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
mychemu

I concur wt u,..bt my favorite citroen model is only ZX2.0 2doors & 4 doors....
Those newer model not in my favorite "list"........

Thanks for your feedback bro,......

alphawolf

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (mychemu @ Apr 23 2013, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found it is very difficult to find > 10 years car in a mint condition like ZX, Xantia. If you can find one, most likely it is not for sale because the owner has so much personal attach into it. I exclude the older BX, XM because I am not into that. I used to spend time looking for any good condition Xantia but to no avail. The best time to buy a used Citroen is ~ after 3 years of usage. Why ? because:

1. The car has depreciated in value about 50-60%. The depreciation rate max out during the 1st 3 years.
2. Within 3 years of usage, the car is still within warranty which go for servicing regularly at dealer SC. The car also high likely has not been abused by the owner. Mileage expected ~ 60K km.
3. Major/expensive parts are not yet due for replacement. If it is, it isolated to only specific parts, not many parts broken at the same time on older car.

I agreed smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Like I've said (sorry ya, grandfather story time again), my uncle still has the ZX with him. He diligently maintain the car since day 1. It never let him down, not even once (well, except for the sticky plastics smile_tongue.gif ). Rest are normal service and replacement of wear-and-tear parts. He has always use the same rules with his Citroens : 1) Always replace the parts before they broke, with original spares 2) Always spend on original parts, even if they are expensive and 3) service on time, by people who know Citroens, not some ah bengs.

I asked him why he still keep it around. He said the car is still so good to drive, rides better than most of the new cars on sale today, especially overrated Jap cars like Vios (his wife has one Vios, so easy to do comparison), and has finished paying for it years ago, so it's his car and not some bank's. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

nuggyn

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Apr 25 2013, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agreed smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Like I've said (sorry ya, grandfather story time again), my uncle still has the ZX with him. He diligently maintain the car since day 1. It never let him down, not even once (well, except for the sticky plastics smile_tongue.gif ). Rest are normal service and replacement of wear-and-tear parts. He has always use the same rules with his Citroens : 1) Always replace the parts before they broke, with original spares 2) Always spend on original parts, even if they are expensive and 3) service on time, by people who know Citroens, not some ah bengs.

I asked him why he still keep it around. He said the car is still so good to drive, rides better than most of the new cars on sale today, especially overrated Jap cars like Vios (his wife has one Vios, so easy to do comparison), and has finished paying for it years ago, so it's his car and not some bank's. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

your uncle loves hot tea / hot coffee??