Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford Kuga Coming Soon!

• Please log in to reply

sudha

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

sudha

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Looks like we are going to see some serious action from Ford this year. Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, S- Max, New Ranger and now... We have the New Kuga Coming in.

This piece on the Ford Kuga 1.6L Ecoboost is interesting.

Indications are strong it's open for booking already. That said, this is one hell of a good looking SUV!

Fear on Race Day

joker98

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (sudha @ Mar 19 2013, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like we are going to see some serious action from Ford this year. Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, S- Max, New Ranger and now... We have the New Kuga Coming in.

This piece on the Ford Kuga 1.6L Ecoboost is interesting.

Indications are strong it's open for booking already. That said, this is one hell of a good looking SUV!

I think it is a good looking SUV too and 1.6 Ecoboost is a very reasonable and decent powertrain to bring in. Ford is targeting the correct market in my opinion. Closest existing rival would be CX5 CKD at that price range. CX5 definitely appeals to those looking for more prominent body design but the drive on this Kuga will be more energetic. Seems to have a mismatch of body design to engine prowess in the case of these 2 models. Imagine the Ecoboost in the CX5...........nahhhh....the world ain't perfect, won't happen.

However, I would LOVE to have the 2.0 Ecoboost on this baby. If they can bring it at prices relatively lower (say at 180 to 190k like how the Smax and Mondeo was priced before) than the Tiguans and Q5 will have something to think about. At the moment I don't really see any semi-premium SUV choices in Malaysia. You get those 145k ones and then a big jump to 220k and above, with hardly anything in between. And then again, I think the market for the 2.0 is much smaller than the 1.6 engine plant. Hence I think Ford is targeting the correct market. May not cause an uproar or influx of orders like the Fiesta but I think will definitely grab some market share for new SUVs by replacing the Escape with this Kuga.

Balee

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
QUOTE (joker98 @ Mar 19 2013, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it is a good looking SUV too and 1.6 Ecoboost is a very reasonable and decent powertrain to bring in. Ford is targeting the correct market in my opinion. Closest existing rival would be CX5 CKD at that price range. CX5 definitely appeals to those looking for more prominent body design but the drive on this Kuga will be more energetic. Seems to have a mismatch of body design to engine prowess in the case of these 2 models. Imagine the Ecoboost in the CX5...........nahhhh....the world ain't perfect, won't happen.

However, I would LOVE to have the 2.0 Ecoboost on this baby. If they can bring it at prices relatively lower (say at 180 to 190k like how the Smax and Mondeo was priced before) than the Tiguans and Q5 will have something to think about. At the moment I don't really see any semi-premium SUV choices in Malaysia. You get those 145k ones and then a big jump to 220k and above, with hardly anything in between. And then again, I think the market for the 2.0 is much smaller than the 1.6 engine plant. Hence I think Ford is targeting the correct market. May not cause an uproar or influx of orders like the Fiesta but I think will definitely grab some market share for new SUVs by replacing the Escape with this Kuga.

Agreed. Wish they bring in the 2.0 litre Ecoboost too with sub 200k price.

sudha

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

sudha

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (Balee @ Mar 20 2013, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. Wish they bring in the 2.0 litre Ecoboost too with sub 200k price.

Well, there could be plans to release the Kuga 2.0 Ecoboost in the later stages as a premium option to rival the CRV 2.4. For now, we'll just have to wait and see.

The impending launch of the 1.6 Ecoboost Kuga is already a welcome news for most Ford fans...as well those who are warming up to the Ford's range of offering.

I am already liking Ford's range of vehicles in the market now.. trink39.gif

Fear on Race Day

scenic

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
1.6 Ecoboost is already more than enough. Road tax RM100. smile_thumbup.gif Where you want to run where AES everyday. I will just enjoy its low end torque which very2 important for a SUV in our daily drive. Believe Kuga can hit 200km/h without straining its engine. Cheers.
director's choice

joker98

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Mar 20 2013, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.6 Ecoboost is already more than enough. Road tax RM100. smile_thumbup.gif Where you want to run where AES everyday. I will just enjoy its low end torque which very2 important for a SUV in our daily drive. Believe Kuga can hit 200km/h without straining its engine. Cheers.

With the size of the Kuga and if fully laden with 4/5 passengers with baggage, even the low end torque from the 1.6 Ecoboost would be slightly less than ideal. Of course its much better than the other NA variants out there. But the 2.0 is actually a very good fit for a size of this car.

But of course, the economy of the 1.6 cannot be matched.

scenic

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (joker98 @ Mar 20 2013, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the size of the Kuga and if fully laden with 4/5 passengers with baggage, even the low end torque from the 1.6 Ecoboost would be slightly less than ideal. Of course its much better than the other NA variants out there. But the 2.0 is actually a very good fit for a size of this car.

But of course, the economy of the 1.6 cannot be matched.

Bro, the torque of 240Nm is more than sufficient. I tried that in 1.4L car that hot 220KM/H with 4 on board with ease. smile_tongue.gif Normal 2.0NA only provides 190Nm or so of torque.
director's choice

joker98

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Mar 21 2013, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, the torque of 240Nm is more than sufficient. I tried that in 1.4L car that hot 220KM/H with 4 on board with ease. smile_tongue.gif Normal 2.0NA only provides 190Nm or so of torque.

which car is that?

scenic

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (joker98 @ Mar 21 2013, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which car is that?

1.4TSi.
director's choice

joker98

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

joker98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Mar 21 2013, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.4TSi.

I believe u are talking about golf, jetta or polo gti, since mentioned the word car?