Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Pirelli P7 Cinturato

• Please log in to reply

swinee

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (jflee169 @ Mar 29 2013, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not fully test driven the car.
Swinee, are you also driving a N.Teana 2.0? Is there anyway to improve the torque for this car? My wife kept complaining the car no pick. Ha...............

They did demonstrate the soft sidewall of the CPC2 by pressing the tyres. So, I believe them lor.

Yes, they said the P7 is made in China and V grade.

Let's wait and see how it perform when I go back to Mlk tmr.

Pirelli always known to hav stiffer sidewall..tats y i believe it shud be better to hold to the bulky Teana better..hahaha
in fact the grip shud be better also..

no way to improve the car power lor..but anyway u need to get used to the behaviour of CVT gearbox.. then it would improve the acceleration..
for CVT is not that the harder u press the faster it goes..especially if u notice <40km/h for teana 2.0 is quite sluggish..once u get pass 40km/h den u will feel that the power is there..hehehe
it seems that ur wife demand for more power..u shud get him the 2.5 teana..haha smile_tongue.gif

2 cents

vr2turbo

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,463 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Mar 29 2013, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pirelli always known to hav stiffer sidewall..tats y i believe it shud be better to hold to the bulky Teana better..hahaha
in fact the grip shud be better also..

no way to improve the car power lor..but anyway u need to get used to the behaviour of CVT gearbox.. then it would improve the acceleration..
for CVT is not that the harder u press the faster it goes..especially if u notice <40km/h for teana 2.0 is quite sluggish..once u get pass 40km/h den u will feel that the power is there..hehehe
it seems that ur wife demand for more power..u shud get him the 2.5 teana..haha smile_tongue.gif

2 cents

But have seen many Pirelli with bulge problem..... smile_shock.gif

jflee169

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

jflee169

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts
Just came from mlk. Travelled down sat morning, personally felt the noise level almost same as the old tyre. However, it helped to improve fuel consumption. Normall town driving, the old tyres gave one bar from the fuel indicator for about 150 kms. The P7 gives about 180 kms per bar from the fuel indicator

Still monitor closely. Will update next time.
JFLEE

kho51

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

kho51

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
QUOTE (jflee169 @ Mar 31 2013, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just came from mlk. Travelled down sat morning, personally felt the noise level almost same as the old tyre. However, it helped to improve fuel consumption. Normall town driving, the old tyres gave one bar from the fuel indicator for about 150 kms. The P7 gives about 180 kms per bar from the fuel indicator

Still monitor closely. Will update next time.

Thanks for your update, i was thinking to change my Primacy HP to P7 or PS3, so your update might helps.
Thanks.

jflee169

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

jflee169

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts
try to do more research before you decide. If you choose P7, not necessary go to GSH.
JFLEE

kamikaze2

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

kamikaze2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I have used this for 2-3 weeks and I must say good choice. It handles very well in the wet which is what I am looking for and this tyre does not flex too much during sharp cornering. This tyre is definitely lighter than the Primacy LC I used before so far thumbs up and no regret.

It is slightly noisier than Primacy LC from my untrained ears

kho51

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

kho51

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
QUOTE (kamikaze2 @ Apr 1 2013, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have used this for 2-3 weeks and I must say good choice. It handles very well in the wet which is what I am looking for and this tyre does not flex too much during sharp cornering. This tyre is definitely lighter than the Primacy LC I used before so far thumbs up and no regret.

It is slightly noisier than Primacy LC from my untrained ears

I believe Both P7 and PS3 will perform better than my current stock Primacy HP, although its made in France, but the side wall is too soft until i feel the car move left and right when i pass through some yellow line or small holes especially Rear tyres. But just send the car back to SC to check if the suspension got problem. I might give P7 a try on my next change.

jflee169

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

jflee169

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts
Just to add that, I had better fuel consumption might also due to engine run-in as it is 7k kms now. My test-drive (wife) so far has no complaint about vibration at low speed and smooth drive at the Plus Highway.

Just a bit out of this topic, my initial plan was to try Nexen brand (for sedan). As I am currently using Nexen for my 1st T. Harrier. It had been almost one year (ard 5,000 kms) and quiet on dry and wet.

QUOTE (kho51 @ Apr 2 2013, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe Both P7 and PS3 will perform better than my current stock Primacy HP, although its made in France, but the side wall is too soft until i feel the car move left and right when i pass through some yellow line or small holes especially Rear tyres. But just send the car back to SC to check if the suspension got problem. I might give P7 a try on my next change.

JFLEE

DC18

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
P7 is quite an old model.

There so many new design coming out from other brands. Do search before commiting.

kamikaze2

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

kamikaze2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Apr 2 2013, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P7 is quite an old model.

There so many new design coming out from other brands. Do search before commiting.

Yeah true and also to add on I am using the Pirelli Cinturato P7 but not the run flat ones. Cinturato stands for Eco tyre if not mistaken.