Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Freak Car Accident In Bukit Mertajam

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

TheStar Report

Mum and daughter were killed when a coconut tree fell on their car. From the video and photo, it seems the coconut tree fell on their moving car. The trunk must have fallen literally right on top of where they were seated.

At first, I wondered how a coconut tree could cause so much carnage. The coconut tree always seems to me as tall but skinny tree, but using some data I got from the net, I calculated that the trunk of a coconut tree can weigh easily 1 ton (1000 kg). It is as if another medium-sized car fell on top on these two victims.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,464 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Jan 25 2013, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TheStar Report

Mum and daughter were killed when a coconut tree fell on their car. From the video and photo, it seems the coconut tree fell on their moving car. The trunk must have fallen literally right on top of where they were seated.

At first, I wondered how a coconut tree could cause so much carnage. The coconut tree always seems to me as tall but skinny tree, but using some data I got from the net, I calculated that the trunk of a coconut tree can weigh easily 1 ton (1000 kg). It is as if another medium-sized car fell on top on these two victims.

Yup, so sorry for them that the tree fall exact across the car killing them... and not even road accident....

azlan96

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

azlan96

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
I see that the airbag is deployed, old satria has airbags? And I thought driver airbag should only deploy in frontal collisions?

rallychamp

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (azlan96 @ May 13 2013, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see that the airbag is deployed, old satria has airbags? And I thought driver airbag should only deploy in frontal collisions?

yes premium model got.....especially manufacturing year starting from satria GTI batch....

must be the impact causing the airbag sensor to detect collision and deployed

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)