Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Set To Overtake Proton (in Msia)

• Please log in to reply

jolokia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Jan 17 2013, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stupid comment,..... in case you haven't noticed the Kimchees as you call them in your racial slur have moved on significantly to become the 5th largest automaker in the World, whereas Proton have moved backwards! smile_approve.gif

How can they move forward when they have Skirmishers like u pushing it backward ? smile_tongue.gif

Imagine if Skyt Cermin Kereta Kayikar (ahem cough smile_wink.gif ) staff having confrontation attitute toward CCC windscreen & "infect" their customer with it, surely it would end up like P1, agree ? smile_approve.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

kaylcar

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Jan 18 2013, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can they move forward when they have Skirmishers like u pushing it backward ? smile_tongue.gif

Imagine if Skyt Cermin Kereta Kayikar (ahem cough smile_wink.gif ) staff having confrontation attitute toward CCC windscreen & "infect" their customer with it, surely it would end up like P1, agree ? smile_approve.gif

I'm flattered you think I have so much power! lol smile_approve.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

deepspace7

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

deepspace7

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Jan 12 2013, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of all blame our own self for unable to be patriotic like the Korean & Japanese buying their own national car when foreigners laughed at their car back then. smile_approve.gif

People blaming corruption don't mind paying "tolong" tips to avoid getting "saman".

Merchant blaming cronyism don't mind when they getting their business out knowing who & who ?

When a company failed it has nothing to do with the staff & every things to do with the management/CEO ?

Quite sured if the Korean cheers their national car failed back then T,H & N, conti & american car will filled their road today, or Japanese cheers the failures of the car back in the 60's they would be driving Ford, GM, Chrysler today.

Oh yes the Brits did cheer the failure of their national car that why all their car brand belong to foreigners including 3rd world nation like us.
smile_approve.gif

In fact we should cheers when the company we work with or own, when it's business went bad or loss to rival co. too ?

My first experience with P1 was way back in the Mid-90s.

Back then I was still proud for buying a M'sian made i.e. patriotic
So I go to the showroom, the sales guy act like don't want to sell, I ask questions, he answer like "nak tak nak" as my daughter would like to put it... like DUH!!! (while rolling the eyes back)
Can't remember the details.... way too long time ago, but the general attitude of the guy was like....take it or leave it... WAAAAA!!!!
So...was the sales guy Patriotic? Hell NO!!!

I still bought the car....urmmm... not much choice, the gaji still on the low side.

Got my car, very nice car...to be honest. Eventhough an old design but it does grow on you. During the walk around prior signing the customer acceptance form, I notice a few QC issues, can't remember what it were, so the sales guy said that the SC will rectify it during my 1K service.
So...was the P1 Production/QC Patriotic? Hell NO!!!

So while driving around a few months later (still within the 1K mileage) the rear reverse sensor kaput. So during my 1K service, I highlighted all the issues from QC all the way to the reverse sensor, the SA said that they cannot do anything apart from servicing only for the first 1K. I have to wait for the 5K mark for any warranty replacement work. It is their policy.
So....was the P1 customer service policy Patriotic? Hell NO!!!!

At the 5K mark, went again to P1 for service and "rectify" the QC issues. After the normal service I saw this tech getting in the boot with one of his friend starts to go reverse and forward, with the tech putting his hand behind the sensor to check the "sound" of it. So they were going at it, at lease a dozen times. That is a sight I'll never forget. WOW!!! P1 is that pathetic? They did not change the sensor, the SA just said that they will look at it again at the next 5K mark. Lost hope already, didn't bother to highlight it since then.
So.... was the overall experince Patriotic? Hell NO!!!!!

BUT the whole experince did give me the motivation to work hard in my career so that I will never ever have the need to buy a P1 smile.gif

Peace...

deepspace7

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

deepspace7

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (rx330 @ Jan 11 2013, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toyota set to overtake Syed Mokhtar’s Proton

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 11 — At its peak, four of every five cars sold in Malaysia was a Proton, but the carmaker is now in danger of slipping into third spot in sales behind Toyota and Perodua, the second national car company that has ruled the roost for over six years.
Industry sources told The Edge newspaper in an article published today that Proton saw its market share slip in December 2012 to just 17.7 per cent, with Toyota now a close third at 17.1 per cent share of passenger vehicle sales in the country.

“Perodua (Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd) is the runway market leader while Proton over the last few years has been a strong second. Now Toyota is closing in on Proton’s position,” an unnamed executive told the financial daily.

Proton is controlled by Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary’s DRB-Hicom.

Industry executives told the financial daily that Proton’s sales fell by over 11 per cent to 140,000 units from 158,000 units a year earlier, missing the company’s target of 200,000 units by a wide margin.

Proton was established by Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad in 1983 and became a poster child of the former prime minister’s industrialisation policies.

Dr Mahathir had made it patriotic to buy a Proton, but the company has seen its sales slump in the last decade due to increasing liberalisation of the Malaysian market.

In the early days, Protons were rebadged models from technical partner Mitsubishi’s older range, which provided a solid foundation for the fledgling automaker but also limited its ability to innovate.

It later succeeded in developing its own vehicle platforms independent of the Japanese carmaker but has since gone back to the practice of rebadging with the Inspira, which is based on the Mitsubishi Lancer.

Malaysians were also unhappy with being able to afford only Protons as a result of protectionist taxes and duties meant to shield the carmaker in its early years but later became indefinite.

The backlash following the relaxation of vehicle import and local assembly rules saw buyers abandon the local manufacturer for the increasingly abundant range of foreign makes.

According to The Edge, Proton’s lack of new models bar one for 2013 will also put it under added pressure this year, given the growingly competitive market.

http://www.themalays...okhtars-proton/

GO TOYOTA GO!!!! 1237.gif GO TOYOTA GO!!!! 1237.gif GO TOYOTA GO!!!!! 1237.gif

brl

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

brl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
TOYOTA FAN, YOU ARE NOT ALONE smile_tongue.gif

kennyng111

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

kennyng111

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
QUOTE (deepspace7 @ Oct 13 2013, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GO TOYOTA GO!!!! 1237.gif GO TOYOTA GO!!!! 1237.gif GO TOYOTA GO!!!!! 1237.gif

Its not Bukari's proton. Its kutty's proton. bukari is interim caretaker.

Breadman

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
Don't be so happy, Toyota. The Gomen may want to apply a windfall tax on you. smile_tongue.gif

"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

vr2turbo

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,463 posts
If their sales becomes too good, something will done, like the Kia Spectra last time..... smile_disapprove.gif

nsoohoo

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

nsoohoo

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 515 posts
QUOTE (deepspace7 @ Oct 13 2013, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My first experience with P1 was way back in the Mid-90s.

Back then I was still proud for buying a M'sian made i.e. patriotic
So I go to the showroom, the sales guy act like don't want to sell, I ask questions, he answer like "nak tak nak" as my daughter would like to put it... like DUH!!! (while rolling the eyes back)
Can't remember the details.... way too long time ago, but the general attitude of the guy was like....take it or leave it... WAAAAA!!!!
So...was the sales guy Patriotic? Hell NO!!!

I still bought the car....urmmm... not much choice, the gaji still on the low side.

Got my car, very nice car...to be honest. Eventhough an old design but it does grow on you. During the walk around prior signing the customer acceptance form, I notice a few QC issues, can't remember what it were, so the sales guy said that the SC will rectify it during my 1K service.
So...was the P1 Production/QC Patriotic? Hell NO!!!

So while driving around a few months later (still within the 1K mileage) the rear reverse sensor kaput. So during my 1K service, I highlighted all the issues from QC all the way to the reverse sensor, the SA said that they cannot do anything apart from servicing only for the first 1K. I have to wait for the 5K mark for any warranty replacement work. It is their policy.
So....was the P1 customer service policy Patriotic? Hell NO!!!!

At the 5K mark, went again to P1 for service and "rectify" the QC issues. After the normal service I saw this tech getting in the boot with one of his friend starts to go reverse and forward, with the tech putting his hand behind the sensor to check the "sound" of it. So they were going at it, at lease a dozen times. That is a sight I'll never forget. WOW!!! P1 is that pathetic? They did not change the sensor, the SA just said that they will look at it again at the next 5K mark. Lost hope already, didn't bother to highlight it since then.
So.... was the overall experince Patriotic? Hell NO!!!!!

BUT the whole experince did give me the motivation to work hard in my career so that I will never ever have the need to buy a P1 smile.gif

Peace...

We can't compare our people wih Korean and Japanese. When they fail thay will admit it and correct it or even resign.but sorry for 20years we don't even able to see those shadows in our national car or even country development.
There is one investor even comments the peole here doesn't have the right attitude to work and learn. he said they even dun have the feeling of shameful of being failure.

ckl050877

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
My uncle bought a Prius. After 1 year, rattling noise started to be heard. After 2 years, I really can not stand with the noises when I sat in his car. He sold it and bought Lexus instead.

In the trend of cutting cost and increase productivity, even T also compromises on its quality. However, they have already build up their brand image, it is not easy to be removed, especially for Malaysian. Just look at 8000 booking of Vios before launching.