Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Suggestion To Revive Autoworld

jayraptor

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (flee @ Jan 14 2013, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that the AW forum degenerated because its owners have not really put in the necessary effort to keep it relevant and to live with the times.

Yes, Facebook is partly to be blamed. However, there is no excuse as the forum software (IP Board) does have Facebook integration. So postings in this forum can be mirrored on Facebook too. Unfortunately this feature was not implemented by the AW owners.

Another factor is that there are new sites like Paul Tan that offer a better service to readers and advertisers. AW has failed to keep up with the times due to lack of technological investments. The newer sites have newer and more attractive technologies.

Yes, most of the people present during AW's heydays have largely left. I do not think AW can go back to its glory days unless a complete change in the business model and staffing levels is reviewed. The owners of AW will have to look at this whole thing seriously. AW will surely die without commitment from the owners and users.

Hi flee,
FB has nothing to blame at all, that is not really a forum in the first place and not competing with AW at all.

Check again what really happen back then that really caused AW went silent. AW Forumners left for another forum because the AW made few big mistakes. I can tell you that the representatives from other brands in AW that kept things fun have left as AW tend to overprotect the bunch and pissed off the representatives that stay ethical and also the majority forumners.

Paul Tan is not even that great yet that website would cause line slowdown badly. Their review is crappy like others only thing is that they have more photos, nothing else and their writeup just another empty talk that would pick sides to bash. Our infamous AW moderator wanted to follow that bad example, therefore his writeup too never improved then why people bother to read. Over Paul Tan, people don't really read those thrash review, only to see the photos.

Look, cbsteh that is 1 of the bunch is here too. They don't have anywhere else to go as other car forum would not protect the bunch like what you get here.

TheGunner

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jan 17 2013, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our infamous AW moderator wanted to follow that bad example, therefore his writeup too never improved then why people bother to read.

Well... I'm glad you bother to read them then.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

DC18

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
To me is because of car clubs have their own web/forum thus less activity in AW.

In 2000, not many knew how to operate a forum and waja club was the main traffic in AW. NMT was major contributor too then.

vr2turbo

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jan 19 2013, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me is because of car clubs have their own web/forum thus less activity in AW.

In 2000, not many knew how to operate a forum and waja club was the main traffic in AW. NMT was major contributor too then.

Too bad, NMT went out of control and had to be stopped..... smile_blackeye.gif

alldisc

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 21 2013, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too bad, NMT went out of control and had to be stopped..... smile_blackeye.gif

what happened to NMT? didnt bother much to participate but i did anticipate the same.

but i agree with all the above comments did contribute to the slowdown here. since i am active in several other forums, they are as much affected as AW and one of the main reason is members are joining on-line forums to make friends and they can interact better using FB.

well, i believe FB members are pathetics who have no friends and hence require FB in order to enjoy life better. ha ha ha..

vr2turbo

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jan 21 2013, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what happened to NMT? didnt bother much to participate but i did anticipate the same.

but i agree with all the above comments did contribute to the slowdown here. since i am active in several other forums, they are as much affected as AW and one of the main reason is members are joining on-line forums to make friends and they can interact better using FB.

well, i believe FB members are pathetics who have no friends and hence require FB in order to enjoy life better. ha ha ha..

It was closed, now only for selected members, so it is not active anymore either..... smile_blackeye.gif

cbsteh

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Kakaka. Girls being girls will always update their FB profile pictures. Always love to take photo of themselves. smile_blush.gif

I already unfriend several people because they use their FB like tweeter. Always posting what they are doing, what they eating, what they going every few minutes....crazy. My wall is like a real time monitor of their lives smile_blackeye.gif

byebye2u

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

mmmm
buy a ssangyong or rexton, then join our FB and see.. hihihihi

vr2turbo

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Jan 24 2013, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmmm
buy a ssangyong or rexton, then join our FB and see.. hihihihi

You are one of the gang in FB, but lucky still here also.... smile_big.gif

jayraptor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

It's not the NMT that turned AW quiet. To be precise, it is AW moderators and their crappy articles that 1 sided that turned people away. In order to revive AW is those moderators would have to apologise to forumners and other brands representatives by posting true and fair results on FC for every major brands on their articles writeup.

This must be done for B-segment, C-segment and D-segment with same driving style on same area with same city traffic results. Brands must include Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Chevrolet, Hyundai and Kia on their available segments. Next, the moderators should stay neutral and never protect any forumners especially the bunch.

Only by doing so, the representatives from other brands would slowly gain trust and to post latest update and info on products ethically. Also to gather feedback and info from owners and fans, definitely include critics and healthy debate.

If the moderators refused to do so, AW forum will get more and more quiet as other forums are way better now. I am the one of the few who still haven't switch to those forums yet. The rest already migrated there and have fun.

Reply to this topic