Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Suggestion To Revive Autoworld

Stamp

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Stamp

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,021 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Jan 8 2013, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I truly agree with this statement. It was funny at first reading some of the post but after pages and pages of the same rubbish, it does put many ppl off.

What we need is some form of discipline and rules, whereby misbehaving members are punished. After AW existed long before these Jokers came and I believe it will continue to exist even if these members are no longer around.

AW should recruit some LYN moderators to police this forum. They are super duper efficient in punishing rouge forummers in LYN. I like their zero tolerance policy! smile_approve.gif

simoniz

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (bpguan @ Jan 7 2013, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyway...i still prefer forum than FB...forum,u still can search for those old post easily~~~~

FB is good provided you know what you want to search for and in FB. And they are not only talking about automobile related matters. In fact, in FB is everything including what they are having for breakfast, feeling moody or something.

Yes, they have automotive group of a specific make or brand or model and you need to subscribe to them if you wanted to read or follow their posting. Some of them are close group and to be accepted, you have to be the owner of that make. FB is good if you have special interest e.g a specific make and model, or services, or detailing product of a specific brand. But they do not give you the information in general of the automotive industrial, what other people think or wanted. What other makes suffering from issue and some are common issue which could have happen your ride.

For example, recently someone posted "how to remove yellow stain on your car". Various way members suggest how to remove "DIY method of cause" and some even share how and where the yellow stain came from... Which is good for general knowledge, at least I know now when I park under or nearby a tree and get those yellow stain, I need to remove quickly before it eats into the paint.. You don't get this in FB, or you will if you subscribe and join everything... But then you will need to browse to the whole lot.... Which can be a lot...

In AW, just click on "view latest post", at most is only 3-4 pages and this is current discussion or new topic and something on what people's mind or concern, be it tyres, road conditions, fuel additives, avoid dirty fuel pump station..... all related to cars which we are so passionate about.

This is what I feel and many may not agree with me, but this is how I feel and still think AW is still relevant.. smile_cool.gif

Cheers guys and don't think to much... Just enjoy you ride....

jayraptor

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (beefburger @ Dec 14 2012, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vrturbo sifu, is autoworld going away or do you know why suddenly so few people come anymore? I am just asking from what I hear not speculating ok.

One of my idea is to bring back gif and exciting moderators and make this place exciting. For example today I wanted to change to a new animated less than 9kb picture and while it can upload and updated in control, it won't get into my new forum comment. But when I change to non animated, it is ok.
I also think when there are passionate useful chatty moderators around, new people will want to come here and talk about it.

Maybe you need much younger men to spiced up this forum?

hello beefburger,

Let me tell you what really happened here. It all began dated back in after mid 2009 and to be exact it was 1 to 2 months after the last N-brand CRA2Y lightfoot contest. THat is also when gunner started to pick sides (siding with 1 single brand) and would backed the bunch of suspected staff from that side he's siding.

It angered most of the other brands marketing staff that helped provide info, pics and even debated healthily with common forumners in their respective threads. Especially when gunner supported the CRA2Y lightfoot contest exaggerated FC claim genuine as that brand with inferior tech products even no VVT could easily beat Toyota dual VVTi and mild hybrid.

The moderators here are in fact quite young but rather than stay neutral and monitor, 1 or 2 of them would get involved supported the bunch directly and indirectly. They even go against forumners that went against the bunch that don't stick to ethics yet they would use much vulgar and offensive words that went unheard. Whereas forumners that argued with the bunch calling Walt Disney characters names would get final warning to get banned.

Fyi, those forumners that really kept AW fun has left for another forum that do not let any car brand marketing staff in disguised as forumners do things like they do here. Not really went to FB completely as most of them can't access FB from their workplace. It's another car forum to be exact, it is really active like AW used to be back then.

vr2turbo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (Stamp @ Jan 8 2013, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AW should recruit some LYN moderators to police this forum. They are super duper efficient in punishing rouge forummers in LYN. I like their zero tolerance policy! smile_approve.gif

Nah! there also got sides one..... smile_blackeye.gif
It is not all in being zero tolerance or not. Too tough also people will go. LYN a lot stay because got seller and got buyer only.

cfa

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
Dear vr2turbo, you are of the better contributors at AW. Giving good and honest advice, remaining objective and always being civil minded. The day you retire from AW is the day that many other members like myself I will also retire.

Stamp

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Stamp

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,021 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Jan 10 2013, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear vr2turbo, you are of the better contributors at AW. Giving good and honest advice, remaining objective and always being civil minded. The day you retire from AW is the day that many other members like myself I will also retire.

are you campaigning for vr2turbo for NMT 2013 Presidency? smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (Stamp @ Jan 10 2013, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you campaigning for vr2turbo for NMT 2013 Presidency? smile_tongue.gif

Cannot I still oversee them mah.....hahahahaha smile_big.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Jan 10 2013, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks brother cfa. Well, to me the idea of the forum is to exchange info, ideas and make friends whenever possible which I think I did over the years. I learned a lot from many members here and hope some did in return from my postings... smile_tongue.gif

flee

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
I think that the AW forum degenerated because its owners have not really put in the necessary effort to keep it relevant and to live with the times.

Yes, Facebook is partly to be blamed. However, there is no excuse as the forum software (IP Board) does have Facebook integration. So postings in this forum can be mirrored on Facebook too. Unfortunately this feature was not implemented by the AW owners.

Another factor is that there are new sites like Paul Tan that offer a better service to readers and advertisers. AW has failed to keep up with the times due to lack of technological investments. The newer sites have newer and more attractive technologies.

Yes, most of the people present during AW's heydays have largely left. I do not think AW can go back to its glory days unless a complete change in the business model and staffing levels is reviewed. The owners of AW will have to look at this whole thing seriously. AW will surely die without commitment from the owners and users.
Regards,
Flee

cbsteh

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (simoniz @ Jan 8 2013, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FB is good provided you know what you want to search for and in FB. And they are not only talking about automobile related matters. In fact, in FB is everything including what they are having for breakfast, feeling moody or something.

Yes, they have automotive group of a specific make or brand or model and you need to subscribe to them if you wanted to read or follow their posting. Some of them are close group and to be accepted, you have to be the owner of that make. FB is good if you have special interest e.g a specific make and model, or services, or detailing product of a specific brand. But they do not give you the information in general of the automotive industrial, what other people think or wanted. What other makes suffering from issue and some are common issue which could have happen your ride.

For example, recently someone posted "how to remove yellow stain on your car". Various way members suggest how to remove "DIY method of cause" and some even share how and where the yellow stain came from... Which is good for general knowledge, at least I know now when I park under or nearby a tree and get those yellow stain, I need to remove quickly before it eats into the paint.. You don't get this in FB, or you will if you subscribe and join everything... But then you will need to browse to the whole lot.... Which can be a lot...

In AW, just click on "view latest post", at most is only 3-4 pages and this is current discussion or new topic and something on what people's mind or concern, be it tyres, road conditions, fuel additives, avoid dirty fuel pump station..... all related to cars which we are so passionate about.

This is what I feel and many may not agree with me, but this is how I feel and still think AW is still relevant.. smile_cool.gif

Cheers guys and don't think to much... Just enjoy you ride....

Yes, I agree AW is still very much relevant and better than FB. I joined an FB group too and the discussions there were more dead than here. This is because it was a closed group and everyone wants to be expert so no one asks "silly questions" (which are actually not silly but interesting questions). Ask one question and get bombed there -- sheesh, like LY forum.

AW open forum offers many opportunities, but I agree with other posters' views that AW must "renovate" the website and most important of all, put up news content that draws people in and into the forum as well.

Reply to this topic