Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Grand Livina Airbag Problem

• Please log in to reply

janeng8

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

janeng8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
My hushand and I are users of Nissan Grand Livina. This is our first Nissan car. We were satisfied with the car and impressed by service rendered by Nissan sales and service centre personnel until recently.

I noticed my car airbag indicator started blinking non stop after starting the car. I relayed this to Nissan service adviser when I sent my car for routine servicing. I have also informed him that I changed 2 of my car tyres a few days earlier at an experienced workshop outside due to punctured tyre.

I was later informed that the airbag indicator problem was caused by a damaged steel cable and I am not able to make warranty claim on this item as the centre suspected the damage was caused by the tyre change by the workshop a few day earlier. This is really shocking to us!!!

Firstly, it is really difficult for us to accept that changing tyres can cause such damage to the steel cable at the steering area, especially when it was performed by experienced mechanics.

Secondly, if the steel cable was really damaged during change of tyres, then Nissan must be having a real fragile technology because parts are so easily damaged - a simple action of changing tyres during emergency can cause so much trouble!

Thirdly, since the person who assessed the warranty claim only suspected but could not confirm the damage was caused by the workshop, how could he reject our warranty claim outright. Shouldn't customer be given the benefit of doubt in this case? Nissan warranty coverage is really not protecting customers! And we even signed up for warranty extension - what's the use, it's so difficult to make claims. We should have kept the money for warranty extension for replacement of parts that are so fragile!!

We have been saying good words about our car and service rendered by Nissan since we got the car and have been recommending Nissan cars to our friends. However, from now on, we cannot say so anymore as our confidence in the car and service rendered by Nissan has been adversely affected in a big way. We were considering Almera as our second car but now we are really hesitant about it.

Does anyone have similar experience?

jolokia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (janeng8 @ Dec 10 2012, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My hushand and I are users of Nissan Grand Livina. This is our first Nissan car. We were satisfied with the car and impressed by service rendered by Nissan sales and service centre personnel until recently.

I noticed my car airbag indicator started blinking non stop after starting the car. I relayed this to Nissan service adviser when I sent my car for routine servicing. I have also informed him that I changed 2 of my car tyres a few days earlier at an experienced workshop outside due to punctured tyre.

I was later informed that the airbag indicator problem was caused by a damaged steel cable and I am not able to make warranty claim on this item as the centre suspected the damage was caused by the tyre change by the workshop a few day earlier. This is really shocking to us!!!

Firstly, it is really difficult for us to accept that changing tyres can cause such damage to the steel cable at the steering area, especially when it was performed by experienced mechanics.

Secondly, if the steel cable was really damaged during change of tyres, then Nissan must be having a real fragile technology because parts are so easily damaged - a simple action of changing tyres during emergency can cause so much trouble!

Thirdly, since the person who assessed the warranty claim only suspected but could not confirm the damage was caused by the workshop, how could he reject our warranty claim outright. Shouldn't customer be given the benefit of doubt in this case? Nissan warranty coverage is really not protecting customers! And we even signed up for warranty extension - what's the use, it's so difficult to make claims. We should have kept the money for warranty extension for replacement of parts that are so fragile!!

We have been saying good words about our car and service rendered by Nissan since we got the car and have been recommending Nissan cars to our friends. However, from now on, we cannot say so anymore as our confidence in the car and service rendered by Nissan has been adversely affected in a big way. We were considering Almera as our second car but now we are really hesitant about it.

U mean Nissan SC must prove that indeed the damages on the steel wire is caused by 3rd parties mechanics, failing to do so they must warranty the damaged part, or else u would go arround bashing their brand in every possible method, including register in AW & start a new tread just for this sole purpose ?
How do u want them to proved it to u ? Written confession from the Tyre changer ? Why don't u bring the bill to the Tyre shop & ask them to pay ? If they refused, publish their name in every possible social media including here in AW, so that people would not changed their Tyre there.
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

fooyc

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
janeng8-san,

I am equally baffled as well now. The front air bag sensor should not reside in the wheel well section in the first place. Which SC you brought your car to ? I don't accept what the service advisor or mechanic words to it, I suggest you take to another Nissan SC for second opinion. I don't work for TanChong, but being an old timer with Nissan, I wish I could lend a helping hand. Let me know.
Please don't PM me.

yeong

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
I have no experience at TC SC, but UMWT, Perodua & even Proton are all quite lenient on warranty items. Unless it is obvious, they usually give benefits of doubt to customers. Read that TC even won some customer satisfaction survey recently. Mind show your damage "steel cable" pic here?
If the airbag light is On after changing tires, it is quite obvious who faulted it. Could it be due to this?
http://forum.autowor...h...=105441&hl=

cbsteh

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Dec 10 2012, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
janeng8-san,

I am equally baffled as well now. The front air bag sensor should not reside in the wheel well section in the first place. Which SC you brought your car to ? I don't accept what the service advisor or mechanic words to it, I suggest you take to another Nissan SC for second opinion. I don't work for TanChong, but being an old timer with Nissan, I wish I could lend a helping hand. Let me know.

Yah, I too am surprised that changing car tires could damage the airbag. I am planning to change my four tires soon and reading about this made me a little wary about trying the tires elsewhere.

Better to try other SC branch and get them to explain clearly how a tire change can damage the ABS. It could merely be a coincidence that the ABS problem occurred just after the tire change.

fooyc

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
If change donut can affect an airbag sensor, seriously this is a joke of the century. smile_big.gif
Please don't PM me.

wilsontew

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

wilsontew

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
QUOTE (janeng8 @ Dec 10 2012, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Janeng8, may I know where did the SC you proceed to ? May be I can assist you rolleyes.gif

jayraptor

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Dec 10 2012, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah, I too am surprised that changing car tires could damage the airbag. I am planning to change my four tires soon and reading about this made me a little wary about trying the tires elsewhere.

Better to try other SC branch and get them to explain clearly how a tire change can damage the ABS. It could merely be a coincidence that the ABS problem occurred just after the tire change.

Wow, the bunch pretending to be siding with the unlucky owner. It did not damage the airbag, read properly. It stated clearly, the steel cable that is damaged affecting the warning sensor causing the indicator to light on.

Changing tyres do not damage the steel cable that is way hidden and could hardly access from the wheel arches. The airbag warning light indicator is more likely caused by defective parts instead.

The blame should be put on you bunch of marketing and management staff for not willing to allocate budget to SC to replace the faulty cable or faulty indicator sensor. SC would refer to the dumb non-technical management that is controlling the funding whenever comes to parts replacement while under warranty. You bunch say no, the technical staff will have no choice but to reject the owner's claim with any excuse that they could think of.

jolokia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Dec 12 2012, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, the bunch pretending to be siding with the unlucky owner. It did not damage the airbag, read properly. It stated clearly, the steel cable that is damaged affecting the warning sensor causing the indicator to light on.

Changing tyres do not damage the steel cable that is way hidden and could hardly access from the wheel arches. The airbag warning light indicator is more likely caused by defective parts instead.

The blame should be put on you bunch of marketing and management staff for not willing to allocate budget to SC to replace the faulty cable or faulty indicator sensor. SC would refer to the dumb non-technical management that is controlling the funding whenever comes to parts replacement while under warranty. You bunch say no, the technical staff will have no choice but to reject the owner's claim with any excuse that they could think of.

Another Jayraptor dumb statement, since when warranty parts r under juridiction of marketing budget, u wouldn't know how some stewpit tyre shop can cause damage to other parts after changing tyres, my ex iswara power sterring hose was damage by those stewpit tyre shop after changing the absorber & allignment, i have to drive without power steering the next morning & repair the damage at my own cost, they even dare to denied it (obviously the damage look newly done) smile_angry.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

janeng8

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

janeng8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (wilsontew @ Dec 11 2012, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Janeng8, may I know where did the SC you proceed to ? May be I can assist you rolleyes.gif

Do you mean Nissan SC? It's TCEAS Lube Laju at Temasya Industrial Park, Shah Alam.