Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Automatic Transmission Problem

• Please log in to reply

mrk

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

mrk

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
hello

I am writing to you from Turkey dealing with the problems of these cars less and there's no one here.
Automatic Proton 416 Glx 132 000 KM (KM I do not think is original.)

I have problems with my vehicle's transmission.
Rough way to passing gear (car shaking), R gear rocking car, 3 gear when going down the drain is 4, 1 gear gets stuck is 4000-5000 rpm.
What are the causes of these problems? Please help me, please.

Solenoid valve?
Oil?

thank you

slushmatic

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (mrk @ Dec 5 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello

I am writing to you from Turkey dealing with the problems of these cars less and there's no one here.

Rough way to passing gear (car shaking), R gear rocking car, 3 gear when going down the drain is 4, 1 gear gets stuck is 4000-5000 rpm.

Solenoid valve?
Oil?

thank you

Sorry to read of your problems, but I think you may be in the 'wrong' forum section - this one is dedicated
to the 'real' Proton Persona of 2007 onwards, a saloon/sedan based on the GEN-2.

I suspect you have a much earlier Proton Wira, which was rebadged as a Persona in some export markets.

The older Mitsu auto transmission used in these earlier cars is known not to be the strongest autobox and is
a different type compared to the 4-speed INVECS type fitted to later cars.

A look in and a question asked in the Proton Wira section should help.

'Do average things - get average results'

Gunnerzz

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (mrk @ Dec 5 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello

Solenoid valve?
Oil?

thank you

If u are driving the wira which is using mitsubishi 4Gxx series engine then u might as well overhaul the gearbox as explained by slushmatic the car is equipped by a very reliable gearbox.to get the problem u had, the gearbox must had not gone through proper maintenance or worst no maintenance done at all.

If yr car is 1.6 mitsubishi engine model then its almost certain that the solenoid valve needs replacing.the gb require the specified atf and will breakdown if u used lesser grade atf.

Anyway,try flushing the atf and see if there is any improvement.however from how u describe it, it seems like a solenoid valve.
Would be helpful if u can post the pic of yr car.