Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Veloster

• Please log in to reply

jolokia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 26 2012, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder why some of the Korean car threads were locked by AW whenever things started to get fun.

The 1.6 dual VVT engine is not even weak. It is good enough to propel the Forte 1.6 to 100km/h in 11.5s with its older single VVT 1.6 Gamma whereas Elantra could get to 100km/h in 11.2s with newer dual VVT 1.6 gamma.

The Veloster 1.6, heard that it is based on the smaller new Accent platform should be 100kg lighter and could get better acceleration than the Elantra 1.6. Veloster launching in 30 November? Sure or not. The price 119,000 for manual and Auto about 123,000 and 133,000 seems bit pricey, better bring in the new i30 coupe instead powered by 1.8L.

U got to joking ! CRZ with less HP can achieved 0-100km/h in 9.7sec even much heavier Proton
Preve can achieved 0-100km/h in 9.6 sec.

Veloster with Gamma 1.6 merely get 10.3sec.

FYI Veloster is base on 4th gen Accent platform, yes the Accent launched few year back but never reached our market.

They can bring in Hwontai rocket if they want, without Dirt Cheap price tag, they can forget about selling in healthy number.

As usual if u want a cheaper Hwontai just wait & see like what happen to Avante. smile_tongue.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

jayraptor

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 28 2012, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
U got to joking ! CRZ with less HP can achieved 0-100km/h in 9.7sec even much heavier Proton
Preve can achieved 0-100km/h in 9.6 sec.

Veloster with Gamma 1.6 merely get 10.3sec.

FYI Veloster is base on 4th gen Accent platform, yes the Accent launched few year back but never reached our market.

They can bring in Hwontai rocket if they want, without Dirt Cheap price tag, they can forget about selling in healthy number.

As usual if u want a cheaper Hwontai just wait & see like what happen to Avante. smile_tongue.gif

Are you blind? My suggestion clearly tells to launch the new i30 coupe 1.8L instead. It could hit 100km/h in less than 9s.

The Veloster 1.6 could hit 100km/h in 10.3secs without the help of turbocharger or electric motor. The CRZ has 2 engines to help it hit 9.7s whereas Preve is powered by turbocharger. Pug 1.6T too could hit 100km/h in 9.6s.

However, your Sylphy 2.0L way lighter than C-segment could only hit 100km/h in 10.7s? You got to be joking?

The new Accent focus on larger market in China, US, India, etc like Rio before they will launch here. If it does, it will be sold at RM70k range and would kill your substandard Almera with poor city & highway FC for its category today.

Hyundai-Kia are selling at expensive price nowadays. The Elantra despite being rebadged is still more expensive than your Sylphy 2.0 and Latio 1.8 got discount min RM6k some more.

Seems like your products are selling cheaper than Korean made after discount. Since you can't declare the price low, you secretly give out huge discount bringing down undeclared selling price at cheaper than Korean made. The Almera does not need rebadge but could sell way cheaper than Vios E. So when you throw CRA2Y discount, you will be competing P1 and P2 already.

jolokia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 28 2012, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you blind? My suggestion clearly tells to launch the new i30 coupe 1.8L instead. It could hit 100km/h in less than 9s.

The Veloster 1.6 could hit 100km/h in 10.3secs without the help of turbocharger or electric motor. The CRZ has 2 engines to help it hit 9.7s whereas Preve is powered by turbocharger. Pug 1.6T too could hit 100km/h in 9.6s.

However, your Sylphy 2.0L way lighter than C-segment could only hit 100km/h in 10.7s? You got to be joking?

The new Accent focus on larger market in China, US, India, etc like Rio before they will launch here. If it does, it will be sold at RM70k range and would kill your substandard Almera with poor city & highway FC for its category today.

Hyundai-Kia are selling at expensive price nowadays. The Elantra despite being rebadged is still more expensive than your Sylphy 2.0 and Latio 1.8 got discount min RM6k some more.

Seems like your products are selling cheaper than Korean made after discount. Since you can't declare the price low, you secretly give out huge discount bringing down undeclared selling price at cheaper than Korean made. The Almera does not need rebadge but could sell way cheaper than Vios E. So when you throw CRA2Y discount, you will be competing P1 and P2 already.
p
Ha ha ha, ur so call 1.6 NA Engine Sports Car can't even beat Nissan Versa Sedan aka Almera1.6 in 0-100km/h 9.7 sec what a joke. smile_tongue.gif

The only compatible car for ur WEAK Veloster here is Satria Neo, when P1 launch their Supercharged Satria Neo next year, even P1 will smoke U. smile_tongue.gif

Update (30/11/12) P1 had just launched a new R3version Satria Neo with 145HP & 168NM torque, selling at half the price of this Weakloster. smile_approve.gif

kaylcar

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 29 2012, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
p
Ha ha ha, ur so call 1.6 NA Engine Sports Car can't even beat Nissan Versa Sedan aka Almera1.6 in 0-100km/h 9.7 sec what a joke. smile_tongue.gif

Even Civic already beat u, when new Sylphy come in next year u can gulung tikah already. smile_approve.gif

Almera is true value for money, that why 7K order in 2 Weeks, any of ur kimchee craps can achieve that here ? smile_approve.gif

TC can only produce 1500 units a month, with a backlog of 9000 orders, plus 3 months delivery time, you do the maths. In that time better products than Almera will arrive.
Nissan always been small time player compared to T&H in Malaysia. Watch out for Mazda!, Berjaya have some big plans. smile_approve.gif
Kimchee is not "craps", get over it racist dumbass. smile_approve.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

wheeLSpin

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
veloster was launched yesterday. RM117-133. This is really ambitious of SD to price 1.6 car that high.
Seriously dunno what SD is thinking....

If I were in the market with this budget to buy a car I'll rather get hatch focus 2.0 hi spec. in fact many other models similar price or cheaper.... civic 2.0, crz, polo, forte koup.....

mym123

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

mym123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
A crazy price of RM133k for a weak NA 1.6 for the so called sport compact/ sports coupe.... The price is more suitable if SD bring GDI version with 204 ps / 265nM or at least the 186ps version....

kaylcar

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (mym123 @ Dec 1 2012, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A crazy price of RM133k for a weak NA 1.6 for the so called sport compact/ sports coupe.... The price is more suitable if SD bring GDI version with 204 ps / 265nM or at least the 186ps version....

http://paultan.org/2...ts-rm117k-133k/
what a crappy review, all he did was rewrite the brochure (and forget to reprint the things that do matter)! Feeble journalism!
http://www.autocar.c...yundai/veloster
here's a slightly more informative review.

watch this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImY0U8WChJ0
funny!
smile_tongue.gif

ckl050877

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
I thought my eyes have problem............1 door for driver side and 2 doors for passenger side. I have not seen the rear car yet. I can not imeagine how will it look like form the photo. Some more C pillar design for both side is different. Should oit a plus or minus?

People always criticize 2 doors coupe is not convenience, then this car has some called 2+1 door design.

Second, I personally still think that it has been priced too high for 1.35NA engine.

If 1.6MT is RM90k and 1.6AT is RM100k should have better response from public. Of course, it can always price higher like Elantra.

This car looks sporty but it does not have performance to support it exterior look, too bad. If it can have 1.6 turbo here at the same price, I think this car should be able to sell better than what it is offered now.

Korean car, yes, you has improved but still have not reached the stage like Veloster thinks it can reach at this moment!

jolokia

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Dec 1 2012, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://paultan.org/2...ts-rm117k-133k/
what a crappy review, all he did was rewrite the brochure (and forget to reprint the things that do matter)! Feeble journalism!
http://www.autocar.c...yundai/veloster
here's a slightly more informative review.

watch this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImY0U8WChJ0
funny!
smile_tongue.gif

It was merely an launching introduction with no testing what do u expect ?
Autocar merely add some bombastic word into a budget lame unsporting Sport Coupe, anyway UK GDI version is still 1 grade above our local MPI Forte engine version.
Even the Satria Neo R3 can squeezed out more juice from their Campro CPS, This overpriced creature should be rename as Weak-lost-er instead. smile_approve.gif

kaylcar

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Dec 2 2012, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was merely an launching introduction with no testing what do u expect ?
Autocar merely add some bombastic word into a budget lame unsporting Sport Coupe, anyway UK GDI version is still 1 grade above our local MPI Forte engine version.
Even the Satria Neo R3 can squeezed out more juice from their Campro CPS, This overpriced creature should be rename as Weak-lost-er instead. smile_approve.gif

I expect a view, not a reprint of the brochure. Anyway, it's a car for young people, not for old fart like you! Go suck on ur Nissan tailpipe. smile_approve.gif