Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vw Polo Sedan Owner

• Please log in to reply

wur4774

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

wur4774

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
Was told the Beetle even being a niche product also having long waiting list..

I can just conclude that its better for VGM continue selling their premium models with premium prise tag, the public likely willing to accept that.. Now VW is ahead of Peugeot and Ford in msia, making it the #1 conti brand.. Ppl are willing to pay premium for its brand and techno (TSI + DSG).. likely "the budget way" with strip down model doesnt work well for VGM... my2c..
[/quote]

Booked a beetle - real long waiting list till 2013 and if book now is 2014 or dont want to take order even!!! ??? any ready stock for a 1.2 tornado red ? search whole of pen & east M'sia same answer!!!

kenso

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Nov 18 2012, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Booked a beetle - real long waiting list till 2013 and if book now is 2014 or dont want to take order even!!! ??? any ready stock for a 1.2 tornado red ? search whole of pen & east M'sia same answer!!!

Doubt you can find one since stock allocation is arranged by VGM .... any branch caught doing transferring names (ie jumping queues) will suffer penalties

br1

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Nov 18 2012, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubt you can find one since stock allocation is arranged by VGM .... any branch caught doing transferring names (ie jumping queues) will suffer penalties

Ya lor, just wait schla17.gif

kcng

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

kcng

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
another reason apart from pricing is the acceptance...

majority of the decision making or holding the purchasing power always think of VW, BMW, Merz as premium brand and thus automatically think that the maintenance and running cost will be astronomical...
so they always go back to the safe choice that is, P1 or P2, toyota, honda, mazda, nissan...

even my dad shot me down straight before i can open my mouth saying i book a jetta already...
his exact words are... "the maintenance will kill you... good choice boy"

another example will be when i am washing the car..
my neighbour (owns a camry 2.0G, 50-ish) ask me, this car cost over 200k?

to hammer my choice home, i took my dad for a ride in my car to the nearest toyota and honda dealership and then ask him to just sit inside and then feel it himself...
save to say, i won him over in that one trip itself...

the thing about VW or other conti brand (apart from BMW, Merz, Volvo) in malaysia is that, the traditional buyer (worship japan generation) need to sit or drive a VW first before they know what are they missing...

the hard part is to get them to step into one of the showroom...

Kevin

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (kcng @ Nov 20 2012, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another reason apart from pricing is the acceptance...

majority of the decision making or holding the purchasing power always think of VW, BMW, Merz as premium brand and thus automatically think that the maintenance and running cost will be astronomical...
so they always go back to the safe choice that is, P1 or P2, toyota, honda, mazda, nissan...

even my dad shot me down straight before i can open my mouth saying i book a jetta already...
his exact words are... "the maintenance will kill you... good choice boy"

another example will be when i am washing the car..
my neighbour (owns a camry 2.0G, 50-ish) ask me, this car cost over 200k?

to hammer my choice home, i took my dad for a ride in my car to the nearest toyota and honda dealership and then ask him to just sit inside and then feel it himself...
save to say, i won him over in that one trip itself...

the thing about VW or other conti brand (apart from BMW, Merz, Volvo) in malaysia is that, the traditional buyer (worship japan generation) need to sit or drive a VW first before they know what are they missing...

the hard part is to get them to step into one of the showroom...

The tide is slowing turning. Just returned from my tyre shop with an interesting conversation with the mechanic where he was singing praises for VW and condemning Japanese cars (Toyota Camry in general).

amir

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Nov 20 2012, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tide is slowing turning. Just returned from my tyre shop with an interesting conversation with the mechanic where he was singing praises for VW and condemning Japanese cars (Toyota Camry in general).

Jap cars are not that bad. They're comfy, smooth, fuel efficient, quite cheap to maintain and reliable. They only lack driving feel which is an intangible and subjective quality. Wife has been driving Altis for 6 yrs but after one drive in the PGTi, she doesn't want to drive her Toyota anymore. Even a non car enthusiast can feel the difference between a Jap and the Conti. For me, if I want to feel the drive, I'll take the VW. If I just want to move from one place to another fuss free, then a Toyota is a good choice.

Kevin

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (amir @ Nov 20 2012, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jap cars are not that bad. They're comfy, smooth, fuel efficient, quite cheap to maintain and reliable. They only lack driving feel which is an intangible and subjective quality. Wife has been driving Altis for 6 yrs but after one drive in the PGTi, she doesn't want to drive her Toyota anymore. Even a non car enthusiast can feel the difference between a Jap and the Conti. For me, if I want to feel the drive, I'll take the VW. If I just want to move from one place to another fuss free, then a Toyota is a good choice.

I don't think Japanese cars are bad per se. It's just that, in Malaysia at least, they are shockingly overpriced for their specifications when put next to models from other countries.

Malaysians are slowly waking up.

twincharge

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

twincharge

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (amir @ Nov 20 2012, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha... i m quite concern for myself as well.... after driving a VW for half year, I think my future purchase will be nothing lesser than a conti car..

mayb jap might catch up 10 yrs down the road.. ??

yeong

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (twincharge @ Nov 21 2012, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha... i m quite concern for myself as well.... after driving a VW for half year, I think my future purchase will be nothing lesser than a conti car..

mayb jap might catch up 10 yrs down the road.. ??

Don think so, they are on different routes. Do you think jap can't make good handling car? smile_tongue.gif

Never drive this Polo sedan before but had tested a Polo hatch TSI....didn't really feel anything special, must be my lausi skill smile_blackeye.gif