Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vw Polo Sedan Owner

• Please log in to reply

bloh2175

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

bloh2175

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi all

Any Polo Sedan owner?

Can share your on the road experience? or any others experience you may have either bad or good...

cheers

bloh2175

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

bloh2175

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
really low response on this car huh.......haha..

twincharge

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

twincharge

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (bloh2175 @ Nov 14 2012, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they play more in LYN..

bloh2175

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

bloh2175

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (twincharge @ Nov 14 2012, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they play more in LYN..

hhaha......cool

yeong

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (bloh2175 @ Nov 14 2012, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As expected...not many is willing to pay 5-figure for an actually-not-premium B-segment car smile_disapprove.gif
CKD it & price < 80k then we talk rolleyes.gif

twincharge

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

twincharge

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
Honestly, with the aggressive campaigning with 3 months free installment (actually just differing), can sense Polo Sedan is one of the least popular model in VW line up. Dont see Passat or Golf need such campaign..

Passat, Golf, Polo Hatch which are priced much more premium than competitor, sold even better.. not to mention niche model like Scirocco sell better..

Was told the Beetle even being a niche product also having long waiting list..

I can just conclude that its better for VGM continue selling their premium models with premium prise tag, the public likely willing to accept that.. Now VW is ahead of Peugeot and Ford in msia, making it the #1 conti brand.. Ppl are willing to pay premium for its brand and techno (TSI + DSG).. likely "the budget way" with strip down model doesnt work well for VGM... my2c..

kenso

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (twincharge @ Nov 15 2012, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, with the aggressive campaigning with 3 months free installment (actually just differing), can sense Polo Sedan is one of the least popular model in VW line up. Dont see Passat or Golf need such campaign..

Passat, Golf, Polo Hatch which are priced much more premium than competitor, sold even better.. not to mention niche model like Scirocco sell better..

Was told the Beetle even being a niche product also having long waiting list..

I can just conclude that its better for VGM continue selling their premium models with premium prise tag, the public likely willing to accept that.. Now VW is ahead of Peugeot and Ford in msia, making it the #1 conti brand.. Ppl are willing to pay premium for its brand and techno (TSI + DSG).. likely "the budget way" with strip down model doesnt work well for VGM... my2c..

Hmm, I see your angle, bro .... but I suspect the problem with the Polo Sedan is it's price tag relative to its competitors. Golfs, Polo Sport and Sciroccos have their niche (and cult followers like the Beetle). The Passat CKD has a price tag that's even cheaper than some D segment competitors.

The Polo Sedan however has a pretty normal engine paired to a pretty normal gearbox. Paying a (higher) premium for a normal car, especially for budget buyers commonly found amongst B segment buyers doesn't really work well.

Having said that, the Polo Sedan is one of those models earmarked for CKD so if it drops its price to closer to the Honda City (instead of breaking the psychological RM100k barrier), we might see a totally different sales outcome.

twincharge

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

twincharge

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Nov 15 2012, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I see your angle, bro .... but I suspect the problem with the Polo Sedan is it's price tag relative to its competitors. Golfs, Polo Sport and Sciroccos have their niche (and cult followers like the Beetle). The Passat CKD has a price tag that's even cheaper than some D segment competitors.

The Polo Sedan however has a pretty normal engine paired to a pretty normal gearbox. Paying a (higher) premium for a normal car, especially for budget buyers commonly found amongst B segment buyers doesn't really work well.

Having said that, the Polo Sedan is one of those models earmarked for CKD so if it drops its price to closer to the Honda City (instead of breaking the psychological RM100k barrier), we might see a totally different sales outcome.

yea... agree with that...

My opinion for Polo Sedan, they should put in ESP and RCD310 radio... frankly, the RCD210 and RCD310 makes a huge different on the appearance...

Remember when Polo upgraded to Polo Sport for only 5k difference, but with all the add-ons like ESP, RCD310, 17" Boavista, fog lamp, and centar arm rest.. When Polo Sedan get CKD, hope they include more stuff in and slash another 10k from current price..

I would assume that it will still be the most expensive among city, vios, fiesta, almera, Pug207 and Mazda2.. But at least buyers will feel more worth it with the addition features and a premium badge..

kenso

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (twincharge @ Nov 15 2012, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would assume that it will still be the most expensive among city, vios, fiesta, almera, Pug207 and Mazda2.. But at least buyers will feel more worth it with the addition features and a premium badge..

I fully agree, bro smile_thumbup.gif

kenso

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
And this is what I think of the Polo Sedan:

http://www.kensomuse...en-in-malaysia/