Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Myvi Camber Nut For New Rims

• Please log in to reply

zeeksheezy

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

zeeksheezy

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi guys. I just got a brand new Myvi 1.5 SE last Saturday and I immediately changed the rims and tyres on the following day. I traded in the original rims and tyres and purchased 195/50R15 Falken tyres and K-Speed rims. However, when the mechanic was doing the alignment, he said that my front wheels camber readings were off and told me that I needed to install camber nuts that cost RM100 a set. I told him that the car was only a day old and it wasn't possible that the alignment would already be off. I wasn't confident with his answer and to prevent being cheated I refused the installation of the camber nuts.
So guys, have I made the right decision? Does the installation of new, larger rims and tyres affect the alignment of the Myvi? Is it necessary to install the camber nuts? Kindly advise.

Gunnerzz

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (zeeksheezy @ Nov 8 2012, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys. I just got a brand new Myvi 1.5 SE last Saturday and I immediately changed the rims and tyres on the following day. I traded in the original rims and tyres and purchased 195/50R15 Falken tyres and K-Speed rims. However, when the mechanic was doing the alignment, he said that my front wheels camber readings were off and told me that I needed to install camber nuts that cost RM100 a set. I told him that the car was only a day old and it wasn't possible that the alignment would already be off. I wasn't confident with his answer and to prevent being cheated I refused the installation of the camber nuts.
So guys, have I made the right decision? Does the installation of new, larger rims and tyres affect the alignment of the Myvi? I
s it necessary to install the camber nuts? Kindly advise.

Nonsense tyre shop.never visit them again.

I be honest with u, i drive through a hole badly that the tyre nearly flatten as i can see rubber mark on the lips of the rim.
When i sent for allignment,camber is ok.
Its a cheap way to make profit for the shop.

That nut are useless and its the lazy way of fixing a problem if there is any in the 1st place.

rallychamp

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
even if the camber was off, the nut would cost around rm15-rm30/pcs at tyre shop and around rm3-rm5 at sparepart shops....

most of the time if i'm buying new tyre/rim that offer free alignment i wouldn't allow them to do it...just finish install tyre and pay them straight without doing alignment....

i'll do it later at my preffered shop

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)