Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai And Kia Cheated Consumer With Over Rating Fc Figure!

• Please log in to reply

kapitan

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

kapitan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
Honestly, they all cheat. Thats true, I dont deny. But dare I say, this Hyundai is not cheating, they are ripping off buyers. Even their new figures is way off the chart.

Even my boss asking me how your car is consuming as much as my larger CC Benz. Not to mention its a brand new car vs his 3 years old car. Speechless...

feelfree

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

feelfree

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Nov 6 2012, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what is "......because car that ..blah blah"..? What's your point? smile_question.gif

The restatement will reduce Hyundai-Kia's fleetwide average fuel economy from 27 mpg to 26 mpg for the 2012 model year. Individual ratings, depending on the car, will fall from 1 mpg to 6 mpg. Most vehicles will see combined city-highway efficiency drop by 1 mpg.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...7#ixzz2BPvGrVZp

Dude, hardly the point you are trying to make...eh?

how about this one you still haven't ranted on about???

http://content.usato.../1#.UJifN8XMjng
got no reply? cat gotcha tongue, has it??? smile_tongue.gif

kalycar, calm down, everyone also know that most of the carmakers will rate the FC higher, but the problem is how much higher they dare to put, just like this case, the Hyundai and Kia very dare to rate "all" their vehicles to above 40mpg for highway drive, and it did attracted a lot of buyers in between that time, but now the US EPA tested all their vehicles and found none of their models ever achieve beyond 40mpg, and Hyundai and Kia also very dishonest just replied "some error" for the rating, this isn't just error, if only 2 -3 models we can consider small error, but when all of their models were affected, this one no longer called "small error", I would called it "they purposely make the error to cheat consumer"!

hongkie123

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

hongkie123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
Jolokia,

As you can see, we Korean car owners are honest bunch of people. We admit Korean car's weaknesses and also admit Hyundai had been grossly inflating its cars' fuel efficiency. We contribute honest comments. I hope you can do the same too, be objective and have no personal agenda on Korean car issues.

While I complained about my Santa Fe not achieving the FC as claimed by Hyundai, I have to say the FC is still much better than Toyota Fortuner, Honda CRV, Mazda CX7, Volvo XC90,etc. In fact, my Korean car's FC is one of the lowest among the SUV. Having said this, I would prefer Hyundai to be honest about the FC, no need to misrepresent the FC. I, like most people do not like dishonest people.

I will surely raise this matter to any Hyundai sales rep when I see them. While one person's crusade against Hyundai is futile, I hope my message will one day reach Hyundai top mgnt so that they understand how dishonest they have been. Hopefully Hyundai can learn to be more honest after this incident.

jolokia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (hongkie123 @ Nov 6 2012, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jolokia,

As you can see, we Korean car owners are honest bunch of people. We admit Korean car's weaknesses and also admit Hyundai had been grossly inflating its cars' fuel efficiency. We contribute honest comments. I hope you can do the same too, be objective and have no personal agenda on Korean car issues.

While I complained about my Santa Fe not achieving the FC as claimed by Hyundai, I have to say the FC is still much better than Toyota Fortuner, Honda CRV, Mazda CX7, Volvo XC90,etc. In fact, my Korean car's FC is one of the lowest among the SUV. Having said this, I would prefer Hyundai to be honest about the FC, no need to misrepresent the FC. I, like most people do not like dishonest people.

I will surely raise this matter to any Hyundai sales rep when I see them. While one person's crusade against Hyundai is futile, I hope my message will one day reach Hyundai top mgnt so that they understand how dishonest they have been. Hopefully Hyundai can learn to be more honest after this incident.

Offcoz u can't denied it, it all over the news portal, but taking a cheap shot at other competitor SUV for the sake of white washing Korean car false fuel consumption claim, It has wipe off whatever brownies point u think u have gain for pretending to criticised Korean made car manufacturer.
Paying 1% of their profit figure to cover a big lie, now this what I call "smart business".
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

jolokia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (hongkie123 @ Nov 6 2012, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jolokia,

Offcoz u can't denied it, it all over the news portal, but taking a cheap shot at other competitor SUV for the sake of white washing Korean car false fuel consumption claim, It has wipe off whatever brownies point u think u have gain for pretending to criticised Korean made car manufacturer.

smile_approve.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

jayraptor

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (feelfree @ Nov 5 2012, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last few days found a quite funny news, it is about the Hyundai and Kia cheated their customer EPA FC rating over 40MPG while the EPA real world tested all the models and found none of the models from Hyundai and Kia ever achieve over 40MPG for highway drive, some the difference can be up to massive 6MPG gap. For source, please read here: http://www.bloomberg...fter-probe.html

Thanks for posting here. The bunch don't be too happy yet regarding Hyundai-Kia lawsuit on FC claim.

Fyi, all manufacturers FC claim posted 1-2MPG more than actual all these while as per in US EPA rating when compared to actual FC reading achieved by US automotive consumer groups. Only Hyundai-Kia had to post correct FC at the moment because of lawsuit from 3 buyers. Other carmakers too are at risk hoping and praying hard that their buyers would not bring this to court. If they do and won, T, H and N with even larger buyers would risk paying out even more. Good thing about this lawsuit is that we get more accurate FC reading from EPA and manufacturers.

Elantra claimed 29mpg (12.3km/L) city and 40mpg (17km/L) cruising at 55mph (90km/h) on highway with less traffic + driver only.

Elantra actual with real city traffic + start stop, brake, loaded, etc corrected to 28mpg (11.9km/L) city and 38mpg (16.2km/L) highway as similar to consumer guide groups reading. The difference is only at mere 0.4km/L city and less than 1km/L highway and already entitled to lawsuit.

------------------------------------------

Jolokia and bunch would want to pray hard too as you bunch made even more exaggerated official FC claim. Sylphy 16km/L city driving 37MPG (16km/L), X-Gear city 35.2mpg (15km/L), Teana city 30mpg (13km/L) and tricked so many into buying. Is this even more worst than actual?

The Elantra's manufacturer's claim is still achievable with less traffic but yours is totally ridiculous. Also to add in, how about irresponsible infected journalists that posted exaggerated claim that they mentioned clearly on their result that they could easily overachieved manufacturer's already never exceed claim? If posted wrong misleading figure liable to defamation by carcompany, then to consumers, is it liable to cheating buyers via infected accomplice?

kaylcar

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 6 2012, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paying 1% of their profit figure to cover a big lie, now this what I call "smart business".

What a rancid stink your comments make, ...the adjustment on FC is 1-2 mpg across the range of Hyundai/Kia whereas the Honda lawsuit was a 10 mpg exaggeration! Honda also offered to settle with financial compensations and big discounts on new cars with owners. Who is doing the whitewash now?
You cannot deny your "personal agenda" so I would advise you bugger off together with your other buddies here who don't drive Korean cars.
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

kaylcar

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (feelfree @ Nov 6 2012, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kalycar, calm down, everyone also know that most of the carmakers will rate the FC higher, but the problem is how much higher they dare to put, just like this case, the Hyundai and Kia very dare to rate "all" their vehicles to above 40mpg for highway drive, and it did attracted a lot of buyers in between that time, but now the US EPA tested all their vehicles and found none of their models ever achieve beyond 40mpg, and Hyundai and Kia also very dishonest just replied "some error" for the rating, this isn't just error, if only 2 -3 models we can consider small error, but when all of their models were affected, this one no longer called "small error", I would called it "they purposely make the error to cheat consumer"!

Not quite so, the i10 achieved 51mpg in independent tests. The exaggeration was 1-2mpg across the range, whereas in Honda's case it was 10mpg.
However, what is interesting, only BMW and Merc publish official mpg figures in Malaysia, but who will buy a RM400,000+ car and worry about the FC? As the saying goes, if you have to ask, you can't afford it, lol!

kapitan

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

kapitan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
Please stop bringing other makers into comparison. Who cares?

Hyundai should just compensate everyone on this. Im averaging <7km/l on my Hyundai Sonata. That just sucks.

kaylcar

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (kapitan @ Nov 7 2012, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please stop bringing other makers into comparison. Who cares?

Hyundai should just compensate everyone on this. Im averaging <7km/l on my Hyundai Sonata. That just sucks.

Have you tried taking it back to the SC to get it checked? If you don't have one I can recommend an indie dealer and SC who will sort out your problems. You should be getting more than 7km/l, mine will average 11km/l, and most of that is town driving. smile_approve.gif

If you don't care about other makes, will you be making the same grumbles when you change cars and are disappointed with the FC? smile_question.gif

just curious tho'...you mentioned this Sonata is your company car, your Boss buy 2 of them and both have the same FC. Don't you get company car expenses on the fuel that you use? Here's an interesting thought, some of our employees were putting in very high mileage/petrol expenses claims on their company cars...wah such high FC??. .....just wondering!