Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Almera!

• Please log in to reply

yeong

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Nov 9 2012, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Almera as a whole, is a pretty average product, but it does have some very practical design features that will appeal to the budget-conscious family buyer.

Criticisms of weak performance and poor handling are valid, although it depends on what perspective you're looking at. I think the Almera handles well for a budget comfort-oriented vehicle, but don't expect it to outcorner a Fiesta or outsprint a Vios.

Inb4 Myvi 1.3A has better pickup than Almera, it must have been tuned to superb FC than power, which isn't a bad thing for it's target market. Such a shame ETCM omits the CVT. It could be Almera's best selling point in years to come & stamp smoothness image for Almera name, just like Slyphy.

Nevertheless like another forumner said, at 69k it is worth considering.

jolokia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Nov 9 2012, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Inb4 Myvi 1.3A has better pickup than Almera, it must have been tuned to superb FC than power, which isn't a bad thing for it's target market. Such a shame ETCM omits the CVT. It could be Almera's best selling point in years to come & stamp smoothness image for Almera name, just like Slyphy.

Nevertheless like another forumner said, at 69k it is worth considering.

Only try the MYvi once, frankly i find "Undesirable" in handling as well as performance, i am quite sure if TCM decide to fit in CVT, expect people start to compare it with the earlier Honda City CVT which end up failure & high maintenance & repair cost.

As Motortrader comment, this car is meant for "Real Buyer" not enthusiast, after all this is merely entry level basic A to B car, don't expect miracle, spec is one thing reliability should be the main point. smile_approve.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

TheGunner

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Nov 9 2012, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Such a shame ETCM omits the CVT.

I was told by someone inside that ETCM was actually not presented with the choice of a CVT with the 1.5-litre model.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

kaylcar

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
The Almera as a whole, is a pretty average product, but it does have some very practical design features that will appeal to the budget-conscious family buyer.

Criticisms of weak performance and poor handling are valid, although it depends on what perspective you're looking at. I think the Almera handles well for a budget comfort-oriented vehicle, but don't expect it to outcorner a Fiesta or outsprint a Vios.

I think you are being very polite in your comments. Just went to see the thing at 1Utama, it's so inoffensive as to be very offensive. (All of the Nissan cars on display there looked gay). The boys selling it were sweating profusely trying to convince me this is a "World Car", but it looked more third world. This was the sales pitch as opposed to the City and Vios which are not. ETCM are playing it very safe, so it's just a business proposition, the offcut is the car itself. The base model interior is so bland, it makes the Vios look luxurious by comparison. The "Impul" kitted pussy looked a little better, but this car is definitely NOT a head turner. Contrary to what you say, I am told this car should not be driven above the legal speed limit in this country, and that was by the salesman! smile_tongue.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

jolokia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Nov 9 2012, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you are being very polite in your comments. Just went to see the thing at 1Utama, it's so inoffensive as to be very offensive. (All of the Nissan cars on display there looked gay). The boys selling it were sweating profusely trying to convince me this is a "World Car", but it looked more third world. This was the sales pitch as opposed to the City and Vios which are not. ETCM are playing it very safe, so it's just a business proposition, the offcut is the car itself. The base model interior is so bland, it makes the Vios look luxurious by comparison. The "Impul" kitted pussy looked a little better, but this car is definitely NOT a head turner. Contrary to what you say, I am told this car should not be driven above the legal speed limit in this country, and that was by the salesman! smile_tongue.gif

http://en.wiktionary...iki/sour_grapes

This Fox has a longing for grapes:
He jumps, but the bunch still escapes.
So he goes away sour; and, 'tis said,
to this hour Declares that he's no taste for grapes.

[attachment=5429:sour_grapes.jpg]

kaylcar

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 9 2012, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://en.wiktionary...iki/sour_grapes

This Fox has a longing for grapes:
He jumps, but the bunch still escapes.
So he goes away sour; and, 'tis said,
to this hour Declares that he's no taste for grapes.

[attachment=5429:sour_grapes.jpg]

haha....gatecrashing again. What's the matter, your little general don't want to play today?? smile_tongue.gif
now bugger off! smile_angry.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

yeong

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 9 2012, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only try the MYvi once, frankly i find "Undesirable" in handling as well as performance, i am quite sure if TCM decide to fit in CVT, expect people start to compare it with the earlier Honda City CVT which end up failure & high maintenance & repair cost.

hmmm... I don't really get you. You mean XCVT is not reliable or not as reliable as 4AT? w/o any statistic on hand, it is difficult to conclude that. However what I knew was in US nearly all new Nissan cars are come with XCVT option. From youtube one can easily see that Nissan is pushing XCVT big way.

QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 9 2012, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As Motortrader comment, this car is meant for "Real Buyer" not enthusiast, after all this is merely entry level basic A to B car, don't expect miracle, spec is one thing reliability should be the main point. smile_approve.gif

Don't need a miracle -- ETCM just need to bring in the exact Almera (Sunny) from China. Theirs not only come with CVT but with rear aircond vent as well. That would set a new standard in B-segment here & make Almera not "a pretty average product"

yeong

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Nov 9 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was told by someone inside that ETCM was actually not presented with the choice of a CVT with the 1.5-litre model.

smile_shock.gif
Any reason why not ? FYI China is having 1.5L with XCVT.

jolokia

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Nov 9 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmm... I don't really get you. You mean XCVT is not reliable or not as reliable as 4AT? w/o any statistic on hand, it is difficult to conclude that. However what I knew was in US nearly all new Nissan cars are come with XCVT option. From youtube one can easily see that Nissan is pushing XCVT big way.

Don't need a miracle -- ETCM just need to bring in the exact Almera (Sunny) from China. Theirs not only come with CVT but with rear aircond vent as well. That would set a new standard in B-segment here & make Almera not "a pretty average product"

People "perceived" CVT not reliable base on old Honda City CVT case, like it or not that what most people professed.

I would like Elantra to come with US spec & US price as well. too bad it end up setting new standard for C segment Kimchee car to exceed 100K mark with merely 2 air bags installed smile_tongue.gif

As i said for the "Real Buyer" quite sure u r not be among them, I would want a B segment to have Bimmers 7 series luxury, run faster than a Bugatti, sips as much fuel as a Kei car, & sell at 40K as well, in reality i know Almera is just another entry level B segment, WYPIWYG.

If you think if Almera giving better spec then u can "Vehemently" pushing all other competitor to beef up their specs & forgo their profit margin, then i can only said u r living in a very desirable but imaginative world.

Back to reality, Merchant would alway sell their product at the highest price customer willing to pay, more spec mean more $$, do remember our car tax is Well-heeled, so expect less or pay more when compare to China or US market sleep.gif

Kevin

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts

I am thinking a Forte EX would be a good alternative against the Almera. Odd that nobody has mentioned this.