Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rondo Original Absorber And Mounting

• Please log in to reply

awestone

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

awestone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
hi every1,

ok .. lemme try to share my story

1. first of all, i decided to change the shocks as a wear and tear case.. meaning.. the shocks r already 4 years of age and there are some signs of tired shocks like 1. my suspension feels soft as if the car is floating 2. all 4 tyres were having uneven wear & tear and some were bulging 3. when encountering speed bumps or potholes, the car would be like ... lifeless... there was a lesser feedback from the steering and the car would be jumping erratically during the short episode

2. FYI, my new shocks r oem. im pretty sure as i could clearly see the mobis korea and sachs words on the shocks.. err i got them cheap as i bought it from independent spare parts supplier and not from kia/ naza supplier. m glad to find out that rondo is using sachs shocks, though the price is a bit dearer, but as i said earlier, sachs is the oem shocks for so many continental cars.. so i guess it is worth it!

3. and now after changing the whole set of new shocks and wrapped in continental CC5 tyres, i must say that i got a better ride than the stock rondo ride.. maybe becoz of tyres too..

so the total damage was about rm 2500..

will try to upload the photo of receipt for all the repairs done.

adios fren..

lionelstep

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (awestone @ Nov 27 2012, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi every1,

ok .. lemme try to share my story

1. first of all, i decided to change the shocks as a wear and tear case.. meaning.. the shocks r already 4 years of age and there are some signs of tired shocks like 1. my suspension feels soft as if the car is floating 2. all 4 tyres were having uneven wear & tear and some were bulging 3. when encountering speed bumps or potholes, the car would be like ... lifeless... there was a lesser feedback from the steering and the car would be jumping erratically during the short episode

2. FYI, my new shocks r oem. im pretty sure as i could clearly see the mobis korea and sachs words on the shocks.. err i got them cheap as i bought it from independent spare parts supplier and not from kia/ naza supplier. m glad to find out that rondo is using sachs shocks, though the price is a bit dearer, but as i said earlier, sachs is the oem shocks for so many continental cars.. so i guess it is worth it!

3. and now after changing the whole set of new shocks and wrapped in continental CC5 tyres, i must say that i got a better ride than the stock rondo ride.. maybe becoz of tyres too..

so the total damage was about rm 2500..

will try to upload the photo of receipt for all the repairs done.

adios fren..

Thanks for sharing ~ this is a great piece of information. And wish you do not mind more sharing :

a. how many km mileage the previous shock absorbers had served your Rondo in 4 years ?
b. is the independant spare parts supplier you have bought your shocks from also replacing your shocks ? Or you replaced your shocks somewhere ?
c. is this a dedicated spare parts shop for all other makes, and not only for Hyundai Kia ?

Thanks ~~

awestone

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

awestone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (lionelstep @ Nov 27 2012, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for sharing ~ this is a great piece of information. And wish you do not mind more sharing :

a. how many km mileage the previous shock absorbers had served your Rondo in 4 years ?
b. is the independant spare parts supplier you have bought your shocks from also replacing your shocks ? Or you replaced your shocks somewhere ?
c. is this a dedicated spare parts shop for all other makes, and not only for Hyundai Kia ?

Thanks ~~

here are the answer 4 yr qs
a. my rondo clocked 50k.. pretty low mileage as the car is only used to ferry my kids to school and back home.. but then, i was told by the mechanic, that could be the reason why the shocks wore out prematurely as the car spend most of the times unused and this caused the shocks to be weakened by the weight of unmoving object.. so lesson learnt here, must use the car more often now..
b. nope. i bought somewhere and got them installed at my trusted shop
c. yeah.. the shops sell other makes too... in fact i went to the shop this morning to ask for the overhead map lamp assy for the car.. and surely they have it.. was quoted rm320 for the unit.. so i gotta delay my purchase.

btw.. i am known by lotsa senior rondo owners here as i used to do group buy for the air con air filter couple of years back.. and i dont do it anymore since it was not so profitable and too much hassle.. perggghh..

and i do keep tabs on this forum so that i could learn from all the sharing here.. adieu :-)

setisfai

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

setisfai

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
Thanks for sharing awestone.

50K in 4 years is very low mileage la bro, should drive more with your Rondo perhaps a trip to Singapore or Thailand :-)

wingman7

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

wingman7

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
bro awestone,

Your Rondo is really low mileage lah. Maybe should include us in some Thailand trips tongue.gif

awestone

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

awestone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (wingman7 @ Nov 28 2012, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro awestone,

Your Rondo is really low mileage lah. Maybe should include us in some Thailand trips tongue.gif

thanks 4 the invitation.. but i share jeremy clarkson's views on joining a car club or having a group tour:

errr cant recall what he said exactly but i think he said that joining a car club is useless except for having some short gathering, chatting and lamenting on the many episodes of unpleasant experience (of yr ride) without coming up with any concrete solution to the problem faced, and succumbing to buying unnecessary stuff for your rides just to make it different from yr peers who r having the same ride.. alas.. at the end of the day a car is still a car and it will be transformed into a supercar..

im happy to report that after 4 years of use and abuse, my rondo is still on its stock battery, no problem with air con whatsoever ( maybe bcoz of routine replacement of cabin air con filter that i get from oem manufacturer in korea, .. in short no problem lah.. except... except maybe my family is growing in numbers.. so should i decide to upgrade my rondo, my next choice would be volkwagen cross touran. hehehehe

sugen

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
oh.. we might lost one more Rondorian.. We have seen Kevin leaving us and upgrade to bigger MPV.. Thanks for your time with us as a Rondorian..

QUOTE (awestone @ Nov 29 2012, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks 4 the invitation.. but i share jeremy clarkson's views on joining a car club or having a group tour:

errr cant recall what he said exactly but i think he said that joining a car club is useless except for having some short gathering, chatting and lamenting on the many episodes of unpleasant experience (of yr ride) without coming up with any concrete solution to the problem faced, and succumbing to buying unnecessary stuff for your rides just to make it different from yr peers who r having the same ride.. alas.. at the end of the day a car is still a car and it will be transformed into a supercar..

im happy to report that after 4 years of use and abuse, my rondo is still on its stock battery, no problem with air con whatsoever ( maybe bcoz of routine replacement of cabin air con filter that i get from oem manufacturer in korea, .. in short no problem lah.. except... except maybe my family is growing in numbers.. so should i decide to upgrade my rondo, my next choice would be volkwagen cross touran. hehehehe

wingman7

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

wingman7

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
Hehe...bro awestone, I was joking about squeezing us into your Rondo for some Thailand trips to increase your Rondo mileage lah smile.gif

Good to know that your Rondo is servicing you well. Have you test drive the Touran yet?

QUOTE (awestone @ Nov 29 2012, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>