Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

After Change Clutch Plate..problem

• Please log in to reply

jayded

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

jayded

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
Hi guys,

Changed clutch plate for my 8 year old kelisa. After the change, there seems to be problem. When I engage in 1st gear..as I'm releasing the clutch slowly..like say u are stuck in a jam..and need to be on 1st gear...there seems to be a sound like jerking as if the car is going to stop. I have changed my mountings too...all 3 of them.

Please advice guys...can it be the clutch timing is too low..too high? Can it be the clutch cable?

Need to take it back to the shop Tom. It's just frustrating as I had to leave my car there one for 2 days and then when I got it back its like that

Kindly advice please.

Thanks guys!.

jayded

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

jayded

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
Guys...just confirmed. It's my engine mounting problem. The brand I bought was a aftermarket one called schamaco or something. Really lousy.

That's causing my engine to vibrate especially when I go slowly from gear 1. Now no choice I have to change to original mountings which cost me 900!

Thank God I have a good mechanic boss who is not charging me for labour again....so thankful.

But Koyak la......... sad.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
Bro,

I'm not trying to be 'sinis', but sometimes, it is always better to 'do it right, the first time'
Pay higher never mind, as long get better parts, for the mounting.

Peace

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

justdoit

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

justdoit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
QUOTE (jayded @ Sep 27 2012, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys...just confirmed. It's my engine mounting problem. The brand I bought was a aftermarket one called schamaco or something. Really lousy.

That's causing my engine to vibrate especially when I go slowly from gear 1. Now no choice I have to change to original mountings which cost me 900!

Thank God I have a good mechanic boss who is not charging me for labour again....so thankful.

But Koyak la......... sad.gif

Like me lah, after changing the four mountings of my Wira, its worse than before. Have to get back the earlier brand something like JGL.
moon

jayded

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

jayded

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
Guys...looks like the mountings aren't the problem! Dam it. After changing to the ori mounting the problems is the same. So then the mec confirmed that the clutch had issues. He claimed that because I bought different parts meaning my clutch and cover was Perodua but my bearing was another brand from Japan it can't get along. Well, this was what the spare part shop ph auto had given me after I asked for all original Perodua parts.

So, we had no choice but to change to another clutch set to a brand called valeo...from another spare part shop. I also asked on the forum from a few mechanics. They told me it could also be that my mechanic did not fix the bearing properly.

Anyway, they fixed the new clutch set. Yes, it was definitely better but somehow I feel the vibration is still there. Not as bad as before. Plus as I was driving I heard like a screeching sound coming out from the clutch/bearing area. I'm really disappointed.

I took back the old clutch plate to ph auto. They refused to refund me the money. They claim that my mechanic don't know how to fix.

Sigh...so much money went out from my pocket and yet problem not solved. Sometimes it's just better to take the car to a Perodua centre. Looks like I have to do that tomorrow now.

So upset. Any advice please..?

jayded

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

jayded

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
Sent in to Perodua this morning. They have to turun engine to check. In fact they are way cheaper then the stupid workshop I sent. Rm 200 to bring down engine.

Will keep u guys posted....

rallychamp

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (jayded @ Oct 5 2012, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sent in to Perodua this morning. They have to turun engine to check. In fact they are way cheaper then the stupid workshop I sent. Rm 200 to bring down engine.

Will keep u guys posted....

how much outside workshop charge u for turun engine???

i would say normal workmanship is rm300 including a/c gass refill... smile_question.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

jayded

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

jayded

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Oct 5 2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much outside workshop charge u for turun engine???

i would say normal workmanship is rm300 including a/c gass refill... smile_question.gif

They charged me RM 420 bro...with top up air cond gas.

jayded

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

jayded

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
I think I'm surrounded by a bunch of clowns.

I left my car at Perodua SC glenmarie on Friday. I told the service adviser that the clutch plate is having some noise as I drive. Told them that I had fitted an OEM parts. Also told them I had changed my mountings. So I told them I'm willing to fork out additional charges now for them to bring down the engine and check for me. Told them to check if the previous workshop had fixed the clutch properly. Or if it was the OEM clutch that was giving the problem I said change it to the original one. It's my loss but its ok. I can't be driving with that screeching sound! So the service advisor agreed.

They called me on Tuesday. Said they had tested the car and confirmed because I had used OEM parts that was causing the sound. They told me that the fixing from previous workshop was ok and advised me to drive first. But they also told me a shocking thing. They said my mountings were not original. Mind u, I had paid RM 850 from the spare part shop who insisted that these are grade 1 mountings. I was so angry thinking I'm going to fire the spare part shop and ask for refund.

As I went to collect my car, by chance I met the mechanic from Perodua who had checked my car. So he told me the same thing as the service advisor said. Then I just happened to ask if they checked everything after bringing down the engine. Guess what? He said..tak de la...kita tak turun engine. We test drive sahaja. I was dumbfounded

From Friday till Tuesday they basically never did anything except test drive my car. Maybe they took it to buy some goreng pisang. The least they could have done was to call me on Monday and say ok we test drove your car and we know there is a problem with your clutch. Would u like us to replace it? But no, they made their own assumption and decide to call me and say my car is ready without doing anything!

Basically they were plain lazy to take down the engine. The mechanic told me..bukan kita tak nak turun engine. Takut, turun pasang balik..nanti sama sahaja. Bunch of idiots! How could they give this kind of explanation?? How do you expect me to believe them when they told me that my mountings were not original??

I drove the car off and within seconds I can hear the screeching sound. I reversed back and went there. Gave them a piece of my mind. I told them if I just wanted u to test drive the car I would have told u guys. I was willing to lose my RM 200 for the labour to bring down the engine. Then immediately they placed an order for the clutch plate and said the part will arrive in 1-2 days.

All this could have been avoided if they had used their brains and called me earlier to check. Waste of my time.
Our service centres are really screwed. Thought outside mechanic bad..service centre seems to be dumber!

So mad!!

justdoit

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

justdoit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Our service centres are really screwed. Thought outside mechanic bad..service centre seems to be dumber!

So mad!!
[/quote]

For my case, the first day I took my Alza, there were water stuck to the inner head light/beam cover. Reported and it took them more than a month to receieve the part and more than an hour to fix it. smile_angry.gif
moon