Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Indonesia Launched The New "viva"

• Please log in to reply

rx330

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

rx330

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
Our Perodua Viva is based on Daihatsu Mira, which is 2 generation ago. And till today, we are still very proud marketing this old Daihatsu Mira as a new Perodua Viva in Malaysia.

Many of us will be surprise that Toyota/Daihatsu in Indonesia will launching a new compact car based on the latest Daihatsu Mira... So, what has happen to our Automobile Industry? Why Indonesia can have the latest Daihatsu Mira while we Malaysia are having the "obsolete" Daihatsu Mira??

Another nail to our Auto Industry. Thanks to the BIG "M" !! smile_angry.gif smile_angry.gif smile_angry.gif

http://carsenthusias...car-toyota.html

He who wants nothing, is the most dangerous man in the world !

LEEHK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

LEEHK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
All our JUARA KAMPUNG will have immunity at least till the next election. You Malaysians has the power to decide at the election whether JUARA KAMPUNGs shall continue to rule in Bolihland.
LEE

aciem

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

aciem

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Yes, I think it's just brand to brand complementation similar with they have done with Daihatsu Xenia and Toyota Avanza. Right now, both of company has started again with Daihatsu Ayla and Toyota Agya as they are on LCGC (Low-Cost Green Car) category

yeong

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
sad...while neighbors are booming & happening , we are stucked with the "national pride" smile_dead.gif

shinyalloy

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

shinyalloy

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Jan 28 2013, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad...while neighbors are booming & happening , we are stucked with the "national pride" smile_dead.gif

LOL @ stucked with the "national pride"

Tourist

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (aciem @ Jan 28 2013, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I think it's just brand to brand complementation similar with they have done with Daihatsu Xenia and Toyota Avanza. Right now, both of company has started again with Daihatsu Ayla and Toyota Agya as they are on LCGC (Low-Cost Green Car) category

Green Car? May be because Indonesian petrol are more expensive than ours so need more fuel efficient cars?

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

kennyng111

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

kennyng111

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
QUOTE (shinyalloy @ Jun 6 2013, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL @ stucked with the "national pride"

will someone, soon, be asking car owners to "kalau takde suka, hijrah to indonesia" ?

deepspace7

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

deepspace7

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (aciem @ Jan 28 2013, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The LCGC policy is another way the Indo policy makers are doing to get more FDI from Toyota. The LCGC policy is equivalant to our EEV (Energy Efficient Vehicle) policy that we "hope" to get FDI to invest here.

Based on the Automotive Solution Magazine, Toyota is planning to spend US$40 million to upgrade thier current facilities and are planning to setup an engine manufacturing plant in 2015. Honda and Nissan (Datsun) are also rolling out to increase production of LCGC.

Unfortunately Indo already did a coup on us and roll it out earlier. Hence, our NAP had moved from taking a nap to taking a sleep and now it is officially in a coma schla01.gif and the Malaysian auto industry is also officially dead teu30.gif

A moment of silance please....