Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Gt Radial - Champiro Hpy

• Please log in to reply

rallychamp

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
wow..raya tyre smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Aug 12 2012, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bax2 is also rated as uhp tyre as stated on gt radial web but imho its far from it.
If the hpy is on par with other offering then it is giving top brand a run for their money.
Its really cheap for a 17 inchers.

Nope, the BAX2 are rated as HP tyres only.
Model HPX and HPY are rated UHP.
HPX is directional and W speed rated, while the HPY is Asymmetric and Y rated.

http://www.gtradial....ire_mapping.asp

Have a friend running the HPY also in a PUG 308T and he loves them. To him performance is equal to his previous Conti CSC3.
He changed because 3 of the CSC3 have bulging problem.... smile_shock.gif

Bengong

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
too bad ...no 215/50 17 offered smile_cry.gif
Bengong

Coffee

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Coffee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
Have been using HPYs on my E46 325i for the past 10,000km. 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear.
Changed from a set of Bridgestone Potenza 001.

The price is reasonable and i am happy wit hthe performance.

Dry grip:
Good overall. Not as grippy as the Potenzas, but the potenzas were really hard. So this is a good balance of grip and comfort. Feels like an honest tyre, and not some tyre you know you paid extra for the brand.

Comfort:
Outstanding! This is one of the most comfortable UHP Y rated tyre out there. VERY quiet too. I think it will fit premium luxury cars in search of UHP Y rated tyres very well.

Handling:
Slightly less steering feel than the Potenzas, and i feel it takes a longer time to warm up before giving its best. It feels a little soft when cold, but once its warmed up, the feel and grip is good. But overall I feel this is more of a touring tyre than an outright performance tyre. So if you are going for extreme handling, forget this tyre.

Wet performance:
Its been good so far. Grooves are deep and wide. But need more testing. The coming rainy season would be a good time. With safety in mind ofcourse.

Overall i think this is an honest tyre. It doesnt pretend to be anything other than what it is - a budget Y rated tyre that gives more and performs better than what you paid for. Still, if you can afford, go for the Michellin PS3. If you cant, these these HPYs are perfectly acceptable and give pretty good bang for buck.

You're Never Alone When You've Got Your Coffee.

vr2turbo

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
Since you compare them to Bridgy Potenza, that they are softer, but compared to my previous GY Asy 2, I find them very much harder, therefore feel bumpier...

ntc2000

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 1 2012, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tyres were fitted at Quicksave and you can get them at only RM308 per pc. (currently). Real money for value for a 215/45R17 size tyre, of course if they perform well.... smile_tongue.gif
Unmounted, I tested by hand pressing the sidewall of the GY Asy2, Nexen N8000 and GT Radial HPY.
The sidewall of the Asy2 was soft, real soft for a max performance tyre.
The Nexen N8000 sidewall was somewhere in between, sort of medium feel, can still press but can feel the that it is stiff.
The GT Radial HPY sidewall is real stiff. Can hardly press into them. So, is this a real UHP tyre.... smile_question.gif

Have 3 large and 1 smaller straight line grooves. Asymmetric in pattern as in most UHP nowadays. Well made and easy to balance.
Fitted last Friday, and only done about 100 plus km on them, and my reference will of course be against my previous GY Asy 2, which seems to be unfair as those are top rated Premium Max performance tyres against a sort of money for value tyres.

The air pressure used was 33/32psi front/rear. The ride was however pretty stiff, even compared to the Asy2 with 34/33psi air pressure. Ran on it for 2 days, then this morning reduce it to 30/29psi. The ride seems pretty good now.

As for it's performance, only manage 2 to 3 hard corners so far, and they seems to handle pretty well. No screeching or any lost traction....No wet test yet, as not raining at my area.... smile_big.gif

Testing continues...... tongue.gif

finally u use indonesia tyre....... happy.gif
mine is bax 2.

cfa

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Aug 14 2012, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mine is bax 2.

feedback please

vr2turbo

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Aug 14 2012, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mine is bax 2.

Yup, now looking at money for value tyres. Heard some good review of these tyres, so must try loh..... smile_thumbup.gif

jackson

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
How much for these? Wonder if it comes in 16" 45 series and 50 or 55 series for 17".

It's easy when you know how...

vr2turbo

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Sep 2 2012, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much for these? Wonder if it comes in 16" 45 series and 50 or 55 series for 17".

17" upwards. smallest 215/45R17, do have 1 size in 50 series - 225/50R17
Price for 215/45R17 only RM310.
225/45R17 one member got at RM350 only..... smile_thumbup.gif