Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Kia K5 Vs Hyundai Sonata 2.0hs

• Please log in to reply

kapitan

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

kapitan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
Well, did you read what I posted prior to the article? Dont make your own assumptions. If I was not driving one, why would I bother to post this. I hope we would get the same treatment. RM120 for 400-450KM is kinda high.

kaylcar

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (kapitan @ Nov 4 2012, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, did you read what I posted prior to the article? Dont make your own assumptions. If I was not driving one, why would I bother to post this. I hope we would get the same treatment. RM120 for 400-450KM is kinda high.

which Hyundai are you driving? smile_approve.gif

1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

kapitan

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

kapitan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
The one in the topic.

kaylcar

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (kapitan @ Nov 5 2012, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one in the topic.

There are 2 in the topic. smile_question.gif

Do you have the Eco button version, or the indicator only?

kapitan

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

kapitan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
How come there's two? Only one is Hyundai and the other is KIA.

feelfree

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

feelfree

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (kapitan @ Nov 6 2012, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean your car can only drive 400-450km for RM120.00 of fuel? Scary if it is true!

kaylcar

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (kapitan @ Nov 6 2012, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well that's two isn't it? (the topic is about Sonata YF or KIA K5).....which one u got, the Hyundai or the Kia? smile_question.gif

jayraptor

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (kapitan @ Nov 4 2012, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the link. As usual when Cinderella is wearing nice dress having high chance of winning prince charming heart, her 2 jealous stepsisters Anastasia and Priscilla would surely wanted to tear up her dress ruining her chance. The FC you provided seems to be exaggerated from facts. It doesn't work thanks to US consumer rights group info and now even Hyundai-Kia is following the actual FC rather than the 1-2mpg higher manufacturer's claim taken from less traffic flat roads. Japanese carmaker has yet to follow as they do not wish to trigger lawsuit and some are still fighting consumers over FC lawsuit. Koreans opted not to fight but give in, probably a tactic to encourage its competitors' much larger consumers to go against challenge the competitors over 1-2mpg FC claim.

If you are talking about the Sonata 2.0, since US don't have 2.0 non turbo variant, you could refer those with similar engine as per consumer groups actual results:
- The heavier Sportage/Tucson 2.0L with SUV aerodynamic could still get 21/22mpg (8.9-9.4km/L) in city traffic.
- Forte 2.0 with older single VVT engine + 6AT could still achieve healthy 27mpg (11.5km/L) city and 37mpg (15.7km/L) highway

If you wanted to talk about Sonata 2.4:
As per EPA and consumer groups actual result 23mpg (9.8km/L) city and 35mpg(14.9km/L) highway and average 28.8mpg(12.2km/L)

So what are you trying to say here? These consumer groups tested results are on actual road, not related to manufacturer's claim and the result is considered 1 of best in class. You wanted to talk about the lawsuit, the Sonata is not even involved. It was the Elantra, Veloster and Rio with FC difference of 1-2MPG.

kaylcar

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 7 2012, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the link. As usual when Cinderella is wearing nice dress having high chance of winning prince charming heart, her 2 jealous stepsisters Anastasia and Priscilla would surely wanted to tear up her dress ruining her chance. The FC you provided seems to be exaggerated from facts. It doesn't work thanks to US consumer rights group info and now even Hyundai-Kia is following the actual FC rather than the 1-2mpg higher manufacturer's claim taken from less traffic flat roads. Japanese carmaker has yet to follow as they do not wish to trigger lawsuit and some are still fighting consumers over FC lawsuit. Koreans opted not to fight but give in, probably a tactic to encourage its competitors' much larger consumers to go against challenge the competitors over 1-2mpg FC claim.

If you are talking about the Sonata 2.0, since US don't have 2.0 non turbo variant, you could refer those with similar engine as per consumer groups actual results:
- The heavier Sportage/Tucson 2.0L with SUV aerodynamic could still get 21/22mpg (8.9-9.4km/L) in city traffic.
- Forte 2.0 with older single VVT engine + 6AT could still achieve healthy 27mpg (11.5km/L) city and 37mpg (15.7km/L) highway

If you wanted to talk about Sonata 2.4:
As per EPA and consumer groups actual result 23mpg (9.8km/L) city and 35mpg(14.9km/L) highway and average 28.8mpg(12.2km/L)

So what are you trying to say here? These consumer groups tested results are on actual road, not related to manufacturer's claim and the result is considered 1 of best in class. You wanted to talk about the lawsuit, the Sonata is not even involved. It was the Elantra, Veloster and Rio with FC difference of 1-2MPG.

he's just another TROLL? smile_approve.gif