Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

308 Vti Al4 Gearbox Problem... Again

• Please log in to reply

wonloong

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

wonloong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Would like to ask for some advice. My AL4 gearbox for my 308 vti is having problem again, for the 2nd time.

The first time, the SC centre says it was the Solenoid Valve, so they changed it. The thing is I saw in the receipt it says it's a 206/207 solenoid valve. Does 206, 207 and 308 share the same Solenoid Valve?

And it has been less than a year, and I am having the same problem again. What a fuss? I am going to send my car to SC soon again.

One more question, is it normal that the gearbox has sound like a lock/unlock clack when stepping on the brake in P mode (gear)??

pogostik

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

pogostik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
QUOTE (wonloong @ Jul 6 2012, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would like to ask for some advice. My AL4 gearbox for my 308 vti is having problem again, for the 2nd time.

The first time, the SC centre says it was the Solenoid Valve, so they changed it. The thing is I saw in the receipt it says it's a 206/207 solenoid valve. Does 206, 207 and 308 share the same Solenoid Valve?

And it has been less than a year, and I am having the same problem again. What a fuss? I am going to send my car to SC soon again.

One more question, is it normal that the gearbox has sound like a lock/unlock clack when stepping on the brake in P mode (gear)??

Yes. At least mine also has that sound. I think the sound didn't come from the gearbox. It's a locking mechanism to prevent you from engaging the gear without stepping on the brake.

victorhoh

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

victorhoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
I have similar problem at 20,000++ km. Cold start, the gearbox will be very erratic. The gearbox will upshift very early, and the engine will be shaking. I also got "Gearbox Faulty" error for 2 times over the span of I think 5000km. Got the valves changed at 30K km, and since then ok. Now already at 65k km.

max_chock

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

max_chock

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (victorhoh @ Jul 6 2012, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have similar problem at 20,000++ km. Cold start, the gearbox will be very erratic. The gearbox will upshift very early, and the engine will be shaking. I also got "Gearbox Faulty" error for 2 times over the span of I think 5000km. Got the valves changed at 30K km, and since then ok. Now already at 65k km.

you may need a gearbox cooler for AL4, it may solve all your headache.

Hey, French Auto Club MalaysiaHey,Peugeot 3008 Group Malaysia On Facebook too~~!
on Facebook~~

wonloong

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

wonloong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
QUOTE (max_chock @ Jul 8 2012, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you may need a gearbox cooler for AL4, it may solve all your headache.

Hi, What's a gearbox cooler? Sorry... noob here.

hereticbar

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (wonloong @ Jul 9 2012, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, What's a gearbox cooler? Sorry... noob here.

Nah, it will be easier just to change your ATF early and often. The ATF for AL4 gearbox is relatively cheap, so don't change it at 60,000km. Instead, change it at around 30,000km or 40,000km.

alanong

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

alanong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (hereticbar @ Jul 9 2012, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, it will be easier just to change your ATF early and often. The ATF for AL4 gearbox is relatively cheap, so don't change it at 60,000km. Instead, change it at around 30,000km or 40,000km.

Nah Nah Nah
1.The peugeot AL4 gear box from Malaysia and Singapore currently is supporting by a Malaysia factory.
Thus when you complaint your AL4 gear box to Nazim, then Nazim will send your gear box to this factory, the factory got technician who trained by the peugeot france engineer before.

2.Note: Nazim technician have know nothing above this gear box.

3.Usually also 2 part inside the AL4 gear box bring up the problem. first one valve piston, second one electric parts.

4.Usually after the part have been changed, the gear box will be problemless and long lasting.

5. compare the old AL4 gear box, the new AL4 box already improve and smooth a lot.

6. Reason bring up the problem, Malaysia weather is too hot, most of the euro car also can not survive here, including alfaromeo, BMW, volvo.

7.Usually the AL4 gear box problem also from 308 turbo, for VTI really seldom hear of it, first time.

Recommendation here:
please change your gear oil every 40km, if you can change it at 20km then better!!! Never wait until 50km or 60km

All the thing above teach by my friend who is AL4 gear box technician.

alanong

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

alanong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (wonloong @ Jul 6 2012, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lock and unlock sound is normal!!! it is the design,coz only after you step on the brake then you can go to P mode.

stingg

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

stingg

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Do you have the name and place of the factory. Would want to jot it down in case my warranty expired, I will send it there myself (cheaper than let nassim take a bite at the profit)

QUOTE (alanong @ Jul 10 2012, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah Nah Nah
1.The peugeot AL4 gear box from Malaysia and Singapore currently is supporting by a Malaysia factory.
Thus when you complaint your AL4 gear box to Nazim, then Nazim will send your gear box to this factory, the factory got technician who trained by the peugeot france engineer before.

2.Note: Nazim technician have know nothing above this gear box.

3.Usually also 2 part inside the AL4 gear box bring up the problem. first one valve piston, second one electric parts.

4.Usually after the part have been changed, the gear box will be problemless and long lasting.

5. compare the old AL4 gear box, the new AL4 box already improve and smooth a lot.

6. Reason bring up the problem, Malaysia weather is too hot, most of the euro car also can not survive here, including alfaromeo, BMW, volvo.

7.Usually the AL4 gear box problem also from 308 turbo, for VTI really seldom hear of it, first time.

Recommendation here:
please change your gear oil every 40km, if you can change it at 20km then better!!! Never wait until 50km or 60km

All the thing above teach by my friend who is AL4 gear box technician.

wonloong

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

wonloong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thank you all the Sifu(s) here!

My car consider low mileage... 30,000km after 21 months. I guess every 2 service I will request to change ATF.