Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Almera 1.5

• Please log in to reply

masteramir

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

masteramir

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
any advice between sending almera to Dealer Nissan or Tan chong nissan

i planning to go to dealer nissan in putraya .. EO they using is Pennzoil for first service.
compare to tan chong using castrol

any idea?

acheong7

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

acheong7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
for the love of ...
2.5 pages ... 2.5 measly pages ... and then remember why i stayed away from AW for practically a year
nuts ....

zackz

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

zackz

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
QUOTE (masteramir @ Dec 2 2013, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any advice between sending almera to Dealer Nissan or Tan chong nissan

i planning to go to dealer nissan in putraya .. EO they using is Pennzoil for first service.
compare to tan chong using castrol

any idea?

Is Pennzoil better than Castrol?

shakiraa

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

shakiraa

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
Hi all owners,

i'm very interested to get this car, can share ur view on the reliability so far? thanks alot!

Nokia6280

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (shakiraa @ Feb 26 2014, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all owners,

i'm very interested to get this car, can share ur view on the reliability so far? thanks alot!

you seems to be interested in all nissan model??? smile_tongue.gif

aspire

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

aspire

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts
Bought my Almera when it was launched. Largest interior space at that time, before Vios and City come to their senses.

Now it is 1 year and 4 months old, 60,000km done. Highest spec, VL.

What's good
1) Great fuel consumption. Doing about 15km/l on average, 40% jam and 60% various cruise speed. One tank took me about 480 to 510km. Average transit between Subang / Shah Alam and PJ SS2.

2) Cheap to maintain. Did all my service in Tan Chong PJ. Recently Tan Chong switches to fully synthetic 0W-20. Fantastic! smile_thumbup.gif Notice an increase of millage per tank of about 40km after switching to this engine oil.

3) Comfortable, good NVH, for something around this price. No uncomfortable shocks or jolts when going over uneven surface. Reasonably quiet when crusing.

4) Powerful aircond! No matter how hot, it will start to blow cold air in no time.

5) Gearbox seems smart enough, seldom caught in gear hunting condition. Responsive enough to pedal works. Adequate for most travels.

6) Plenty of cup holders smile_thumbup.gif

7) Ergonomics all good. Ease of ingress and regress. No need to contort body to go in like City. I always hit my head at City A pillar when going in.

8) Steering suprisingly good despite electro unit. Not wrapped in leather though.

What's not good
1) Tan Chong like to bundle in unnecessary stuff like fuel additive and engine oil additive. Be smart and say NO! NO! NO!

2) El cheapo sun visor. And no mirror on driver side!! 689.gif

3) The donut air cond control. Take some time to accept the looks of it.

4) Gearbox is 4 AT. Not enough ratio, especially when doing mild overtaking. The drop from 4th to 2nd is annoying. Huge gap from 2nd to 3rd.

5) Left wiper will lift / rattle when reaches speed 170km/h

6) Original tyre is Continental ComfortConti 1! Lousy tyres. smile_angry.gif Recently I see newer batches given CC5.

7) Spare tyre is inverted. Meaning you have to take it out to pump air angry.gif

8) Unable to enjoy the best seat in the car, the back seat. Girlfie doesn't want to do the driving, always insist that I drive! sad.gif

9) Cheapo original speaker. Changed it within 1 week!

almera7372

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

almera7372

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (aspire @ May 3 2014, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bought my Almera when it was launched. Largest interior space at that time, before Vios and City come to their senses.

Now it is 1 year and 4 months old, 60,000km done. Highest spec, VL.

What's good
1) Great fuel consumption. Doing about 15km/l on average, 40% jam and 60% various cruise speed. One tank took me about 480 to 510km. Average transit between Subang / Shah Alam and PJ SS2.

2) Cheap to maintain. Did all my service in Tan Chong PJ. Recently Tan Chong switches to fully synthetic 0W-20. Fantastic! smile_thumbup.gif Notice an increase of millage per tank of about 40km after switching to this engine oil.

3) Comfortable, good NVH, for something around this price. No uncomfortable shocks or jolts when going over uneven surface. Reasonably quiet when crusing.

4) Powerful aircond! No matter how hot, it will start to blow cold air in no time.

5) Gearbox seems smart enough, seldom caught in gear hunting condition. Responsive enough to pedal works. Adequate for most travels.

6) Plenty of cup holders smile_thumbup.gif

7) Ergonomics all good. Ease of ingress and regress. No need to contort body to go in like City. I always hit my head at City A pillar when going in.

8) Steering suprisingly good despite electro unit. Not wrapped in leather though.

What's not good
1) Tan Chong like to bundle in unnecessary stuff like fuel additive and engine oil additive. Be smart and say NO! NO! NO!

2) El cheapo sun visor. And no mirror on driver side!! 689.gif

3) The donut air cond control. Take some time to accept the looks of it.

4) Gearbox is 4 AT. Not enough ratio, especially when doing mild overtaking. The drop from 4th to 2nd is annoying. Huge gap from 2nd to 3rd.

5) Left wiper will lift / rattle when reaches speed 170km/h

6) Original tyre is Continental ComfortConti 1! Lousy tyres. smile_angry.gif Recently I see newer batches given CC5.

7) Spare tyre is inverted. Meaning you have to take it out to pump air angry.gif

8) Unable to enjoy the best seat in the car, the back seat. Girlfie doesn't want to do the driving, always insist that I drive! sad.gif

9) Cheapo original speaker. Changed it within 1 week!

Superbly impressive fuel consumption. Mine on the other hand sux.

Full tank abt rm80. Got me 357kms.

Averagely 10km/l

Mostly commute subang to pj and back to subang. 30% jam 70% normal cruising.

Any tips on how can I improve? Really disappointed with my FC.