Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Eibach Spring For Saga Blm Fl Flx

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 10 2012, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same time manage to get a set of suspension from a buddy who stop modding his Mitsu

Front

Rear

Using them for about 2 weeks, still have not got time to readjust the height and play around with the spring tension and damping rate.....

Titan or Mines?

pravred

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

pravred

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Jun 9 2012, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Currently i am on stock absorber coupled with proride spring.
The spring is good but the OE absorber cant keep up with the spring.
I might go for proride sport absorber if my hand is still itchy...hehe
On corner it is good but mind u i have 3 U bar installed and it adds to the fun.
EVen with the bars alone without the proride spring, my car felt solid.

If u are driving FL or FLX u will feel that the suspension setup is a littler bit firmer than 1st batch BLM.
It s not much but u can feel it.
If u are driving FL then why not just get yourself some UR bars. Its a one time investment.
This way u will have firm feel without compromising comfort feeling at all.

mine is 09 blm btw and so far i have only installed UR front strut bar,initially i wanted to install proride but i came across a couple of negative comment that the spring and absorber doesn't last long and within a year kong!

btw may i know which bars have u installed that made the ride solid,currently i'm planning on getting a set of GAB sport springs to be paired with IMP propex sport absorbers.Still deciding whether it's a wise choice.

if i choose proride both spring and absorber it will be a whole lot cheaper but the reliability which i'm worried about.since you're using proride how has it been so far and is it true that the absorber will worn out fast?

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 10 2012, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same time manage to get a set of suspension from a buddy who stop modding his Mitsu

Front

Rear

Using them for about 2 weeks, still have not got time to readjust the height and play around with the spring tension and damping rate.....

hahaha....poison!!!

vr2turbo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Jun 10 2012, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Titan or Mines?

D2 from Taiwan

QUOTE (pravred @ Jun 11 2012, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hahaha....poison!!!

I had one pair in the rears made by Top Perfect now called HWL. Then to pair them with the front I had an original pair rebuilt for the front. The front were rebuilt twice and finally all four have gone soft. Good for comfort but cannot handle hard corners, controlled corners still can.
Then my friend who actually kena poison by my VR, he went and bought one too and started converting. He has not done the engine but started doing the suspension first. Installed the front then probably not much time so left the car idle. After 6 months I asked him how it was going on, so he mentioned not much done to it, so I ask him to sell the suspension to me..... smile_big.gif
My old rear absorber

limking

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
WOW ! Lei chup toh , loh . smile_approve.gif
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

pravred

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

pravred

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 11 2012, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D2 from Taiwan

I had one pair in the rears made by Top Perfect now called HWL. Then to pair them with the front I had an original pair rebuilt for the front. The front were rebuilt twice and finally all four have gone soft. Good for comfort but cannot handle hard corners, controlled corners still can.
Then my friend who actually kena poison by my VR, he went and bought one too and started converting. He has not done the engine but started doing the suspension first. Installed the front then probably not much time so left the car idle. After 6 months I asked him how it was going on, so he mentioned not much done to it, so I ask him to sell the suspension to me..... smile_big.gif
My old rear absorber

nice move btw....it's a waste not utilizing it,btw bro i found a d2 set for my car and it seems to be cheap,i'm curious if it can be serviced

vr2turbo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (pravred @ Jun 11 2012, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice move btw....it's a waste not utilizing it,btw bro i found a d2 set for my car and it seems to be cheap,i'm curious if it can be serviced

Is imported so hopefully the distributor can service them...... smile_tongue.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
pravred,
bars i got installed;
-Front tower bar
-Front lower arm bar
-Rear 16mm ARB

Yes, the sport spring shortened the lifespan of the stock absorber.
Cornering is fun, just went downhill at Bukit Putus. Can go faster but brake fade already.
Mind u i am on stock tyre size.
Its under control when its started to loses grip. Nothing dramatic.
No more huge understeer u get when stock.

Just remember when u get sport spring the front is low and chances for the lower arm bar to scrape is high. i did post pic in this forum.

pravred

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

pravred

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Jun 11 2012, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pravred,
bars i got installed;
-Front tower bar
-Front lower arm bar
-Rear 16mm ARB

Yes, the sport spring shortened the lifespan of the stock absorber.
Cornering is fun, just went downhill at Bukit Putus. Can go faster but brake fade already.
Mind u i am on stock tyre size.
Its under control when its started to loses grip. Nothing dramatic.
No more huge understeer u get when stock.

Just remember when u get sport spring the front is low and chances for the lower arm bar to scrape is high. i did post pic in this forum.

saw someone selling 2nd UR bars might get it touch with him,if lower arm can scrape that means the sport spring is really low....i think by this weekend i might install the absorber and springs.

not sure what brand to take (non-adjustable)?any opinion on this

dabdab

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
i read through about progressive spring. seemed it is the most street wise. soft on the normal move anf firmed up at corners.
progressive springs are availabled only by eibach or tein.
so now no eibach for saga.
anyone found the tein?

seeing the gab, by its look its not a progressive spring, maybe some comment say that its hard.

maybe those who did experience these spring might want to drop a few comment, thx.

pravred

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

pravred

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Jun 13 2012, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i read through about progressive spring. seemed it is the most street wise. soft on the normal move anf firmed up at corners.
progressive springs are availabled only by eibach or tein.
so now no eibach for saga.
anyone found the tein?

seeing the gab, by its look its not a progressive spring, maybe some comment say that its hard.

maybe those who did experience these spring might want to drop a few comment, thx.

hi bros i just changed to zerone ssr 300 so far i find the handling great but yet to push it since i have not done my alignment and chamber,want to get the proper ride height first. front 6k rear 4k spring rate biggrin.gif