Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Uniasia Direct Insurance Renewal

• Please log in to reply

enduser

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (lk33 @ Oct 20 2012, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vr2turbo
I checked out Oriental Capital Insurance on a lowyat thread on insurance issues. Feedback is no good. No better than the others. Recommended are the international brands like AXA, MGIS Zurich, etc. AXA has a smart drive plan...includes free towing charges after accident, 6 month guarantee on repairs, hotline support, etc. They are on Honda's insurance plan...probably wud try them out. Any experience with these big guys? smile_question.gif
agreed that international brands insurance is one factor to consider but personally knowing the agent & their services is more important.At the end of the day if got problem i will bugging my agent to sort things out smile_big.gif

lk33

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

lk33

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (enduser @ Oct 20 2012, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed that international brands insurance is one factor to consider but personally knowing the agent & their services is more important.At the end of the day if got problem i will bugging my agent to sort things out smile_big.gif

That brings up a good point too. How professional these insurance agents are really depends on how insurance companies recruit and appoint them. If they are not well trained and are not bound by professional ethics, I guess agents are naturally interested in selling and not in the service. If there is a lot of negative feedback about the insurance company, it is the sum effect of the insurance agent and the insurance company he represents. From these feedback, we can use our discretion and judgement to choose which insurance company is a reliable one. Our own experience is usually not enough to make a decision because we do not often make a claim. The public's feedback will give a wider or overall impression of the insurance company's quality service level. As I come to know, international brands seem a more reliable lot. It is the onus of insurance companies to train their agents to be professional. smile_approve.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
I checked out Oriental Capital Insurance on a lowyat thread on insurance issues. Feedback is no good. No better than the others. Recommended are the international brands like AXA, MGIS Zurich, etc. AXA has a smart drive plan...includes free towing charges after accident, 6 month guarantee on repairs, hotline support, etc. They are on Honda's insurance plan...probably wud try them out. Any experience with these big guys? smile_question.gif

The best general insurance company, is the one where you know people inside, especially the claim manager who will approve the claims, and even advise/override the adjuster report. In Malaysia, as bad as it sounds, kamching counts.
It does not matter if the premium is slightly higher, and with lesser benefits.

Agents can only do so much on the surface layer. Unlike life insurance, most general insurance agents earn so little or none from commission (most earn by branch/head) that those who will provide follow up service on claims are very very low.
Agents don't have influence/decision making on the inner working of insurance industry.

Other add-ons, like tow-truck, can subscribe to 3rd party like AAM, etc. if really scare and have no other contacts.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
cute_boboi
Yeah, you were right. It does confirm one thing. What is happening is real and not imagination. It is happening but we can't do anything about it. "Repair dilemma: Car owners have to dish out the difference between what the insurance companies are willing to pay and what the workshops charge." All the crooks are sucking our hard earn money when the time is most stressful (after accident). They argue and we pay the difference. Since we cannot wait, we pay lah! Like this, cannot say "Customer is king" anymore lo. smile_angry.gif

vr2turbo

Insurance company depends from case to case also. Some will find them good if no problems, and if got problem will say they are no good. Anyway, all Insurance have their share of customers.
Oriental Cap did give me free AAM membership and used them twice when car broke down.... smile_big.gif
Not sure of the others, maybe can try MSIG

lk33

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

lk33

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Oct 22 2012, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best general insurance company, is the one where you know people inside, especially the claim manager who will approve the claims, and even advise/override the adjuster report. In Malaysia, as bad as it sounds, kamching counts.
It does not matter if the premium is slightly higher, and with lesser benefits.

Agents can only do so much on the surface layer. Unlike life insurance, most general insurance agents earn so little or none from commission (most earn by branch/head) that those who will provide follow up service on claims are very very low.
Agents don't have influence/decision making on the inner working of insurance industry.

Other add-ons, like tow-truck, can subscribe to 3rd party like AAM, etc. if really scare and have no other contacts.

Agents can make 10% for every insurance cover sold. I know that because if I go direct to insurance company, they wud give me a 10% discount. I think that is now Bank Negara ruling. Now if they have many kang-tow, the total collection can be substantial. You are right about "kamching" but in all likelihood, we only have "kamching" with the agent because we pay him his profit.....and like you say, agents can only do so much. If we buy direct from the insurance company, the claims manager don't make anything except for his company. So no "kamching" lah. So we end up loser again! We can depend on nobody except ourself. smile_sad.gif

lk33

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

lk33

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 22 2012, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Insurance company depends from case to case also. Some will find them good if no problems, and if got problem will say they are no good. Anyway, all Insurance have their share of customers.
Oriental Cap did give me free AAM membership and used them twice when car broke down.... smile_big.gif
Not sure of the others, maybe can try MSIG

So the good quality service level came from AAM and not exactly from Oriental Cap....that was a smart move from the company. What is the membership fee to subscribe to AAM?

vr2turbo

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (lk33 @ Oct 22 2012, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So the good quality service level came from AAM and not exactly from Oriental Cap....that was a smart move from the company. What is the membership fee to subscribe to AAM?

Not sure, never check...... smile_big.gif

lk33

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

lk33

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 22 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure, never check...... smile_big.gif

Strangely we never noticed featured articles on Autoworld's home page. It's all there.
http://www.autoworld.../member_fee.asp
Just like road signs...... smile_blush.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (lk33 @ Oct 22 2012, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strangely we never noticed featured articles on Autoworld's home page. It's all there.
http://www.autoworld.../member_fee.asp
Just like road signs...... smile_blush.gif

Want to buy, sure to check, but since got them free, never check loh....... smile_wink.gif