Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Uniasia Direct Insurance Renewal

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Jul 26 2012, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is funny ...lol

Yup, mine is that now..... smile_shock.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 26 2012, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I'm not sure if it is written/unwritten rule, 10k is minimum coverage for 1st party.
aiya, premium is RM200+ only, sap sap sui for unker. smile_tongue.gif

If car is only worth 3k, try arrange for agreed-value. smile_tongue.gif Then half year down ... car is 'stolen' smile_approve.gif
smile_tongue.gif

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Jul 26 2012, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I'm not sure if it is written/unwritten rule, 10k is minimum coverage for 1st party.
aiya, premium is RM200+ only, sap sap sui for unker. smile_tongue.gif

If car is only worth 3k, try arrange for agreed-value. smile_tongue.gif Then half year down ... car is 'stolen' smile_approve.gif
smile_tongue.gif

Plus loading, plus windscreen become RM400 plus woh...... smile_shock.gif
Okay loh, as long as they can cover insurance still can drive. Maybe later even need to send for inspection then worse.... smile_blackeye.gif

fkmfkm

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 26 2012, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

errr ...mine also lol

cute_boboi

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 27 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus loading, plus windscreen become RM400 plus woh...... smile_shock.gif
Okay loh, as long as they can cover insurance still can drive. Maybe later even need to send for inspection then worse.... smile_blackeye.gif

How come got loading ? On what description stated ?
Windscreen, still need meh ? If pecah ... pecah lah smile_tongue.gif

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Jul 30 2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How come got loading ? On what description stated ?
Windscreen, still need meh ? If pecah ... pecah lah smile_tongue.gif

Loading because old car..... smile_disapprove.gif

lk33

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

lk33

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Reviewing this thread, I am surprised the premium loading is only 10 to 20%. For the 11 year old car that I just sold, I have actually paid a hefty 120% loading for a 3rd party insurance in May this year. Glad I sold the car and I gonna go get my rebate asap. Is there any standard rules how premium loading is imposed? Some more, I direct buy from Uniasia and also didn't get the 10% discount. I kena tipu.

vr2turbo

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (lk33 @ Oct 10 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reviewing this thread, I am surprised the premium loading is only 10 to 20%. For the 11 year old car that I just sold, I have actually paid a hefty 120% loading for a 3rd party insurance in May this year. Glad I sold the car and I gonna go get my rebate asap. Is there any standard rules how premium loading is imposed? Some more, I direct buy from Uniasia and also didn't get the 10% discount. I kena tipu.

Mine is first party insurance, probably because yours is 3rd party so different rules.... smile_wink.gif

lk33

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

lk33

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 4 2012, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not call the insurance customer service, who can give you better and correct feedback.
More over direct purchase from insurance company you get another 10% rebate... smile_thumbup.gif

OIC....thanks. Seems like everything is attached with conditions. Btw, wud you know what it means for comprehensive insurance, the insurance company will compensate "proportionate" amount of market value if car is stolen or damaged beyond repair? I noted that if you take your car to a 2nd hand car dealer, there is a difference of 20 to 30% below the advertised value in Autoworld 2nd hand car of the same make, model and year? Which one is the market value, the advertised price or the offered price and what is "proportionate amount" of the market value?

cute_boboi

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (lk33 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OIC....thanks. Seems like everything is attached with conditions. Btw, wud you know what it means for comprehensive insurance, the insurance company will compensate "proportionate" amount of market value if car is stolen or damaged beyond repair? I noted that if you take your car to a 2nd hand car dealer, there is a difference of 20 to 30% below the advertised value in Autoworld 2nd hand car of the same make, model and year? Which one is the market value, the advertised price or the offered price and what is "proportionate amount" of the market value?

It's hard to pin-point exact market value. But the general rule is take the average of the SELLING price to be safe, to not under-insured.

2nd hand car dealer will normally buy at much lower than selling price, as they will need to hold on (stuck) to sell the car, and they need a profit margin. That's why if you advertise and sell it yourself, you can sell higher, but you need to do all the work of meet up with each individual prospect, let them test-drive, prospect don't buy, repeat again, waste time.

There is a general rule on total lost/stolen compensation, but that will need me to type some essay here.