Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Uniasia Direct Insurance Renewal

• Please log in to reply

peterwkc

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

peterwkc

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
Hello to all, I would like to renew my motor insurance online. May I know what is the website address?

Another question is:

I have using the motor insurance calculator reside at AutoWorld forum and insurance info where the amount that i need to pay is RM 250 riggit but when i go to the Agent is RM 450 which include Motorist companion 2.

My sum insured is RM 12000, NCD is 55% 1300CC, no second driver, wind screen RM 100, Motorost companion 2 RM 20K. Insurance company is UniAsia. Please suggest whether the deal from Agent is fair enough or not.

Is there any option i can include the Motorist companion 2 when using the calculator to get more accurate amount?

Please help.

Thanks.

vr2turbo

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
Why not call the insurance customer service, who can give you better and correct feedback.
More over direct purchase from insurance company you get another 10% rebate... smile_thumbup.gif

peterwkc

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

peterwkc

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 4 2012, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not call the insurance customer service, who can give you better and correct feedback.
More over direct purchase from insurance company you get another 10% rebate... smile_thumbup.gif

If I not mistaken, myeg also an Agent.

I have call their customer service but no one answering the phone. I wonder the insurance calculator is accurate because the result is RM 200 difference between amount get from agent.

The amount is RM 320 and with motorist companion 2 RM 130 = RM 450. Is it possible to cancel the motorist companion 2?

vr2turbo

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (peterwkc @ Jun 4 2012, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have call their customer service but no one answering the phone. I wonder the insurance calculator is accurate because the result is RM 200 difference between amount get from agent.

The amount is RM 320 and with motorist companion 2 RM 130 = RM 450. Is it possible to cancel the motorist companion 2?

As long as you go through an agent you don't get the 10% rebate...... smile_wink.gif

Art806

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Art806

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
I dont want to open a new thread but my issue is my roadtax expires in sept whereas my insurance expires in december. What is the economical procedure to synchronise these two items?
<BR>-Art-<BR><BR>My Ride:<BR><BR><A HREF="http://www.cardomain.com/id/Art4334">http://www.cardomain.com/id/Art4334</A></a>

Visit My Website

vr2turbo

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (Art806 @ Jun 7 2012, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont want to open a new thread but my issue is my roadtax expires in sept whereas my insurance expires in december. What is the economical procedure to synchronise these two items?

I had that problem when I bought a second hand car last time.
To me the only way out economically will be buy one year insurance and renew one year road tax but have to use 2 insurance policy.
But if want to synchronize the two together, you will have to buy 1 year and 9 months of insurance for this year, renew road tax for 1 year. Then next round no need to buy insurance but can renew road tax for 1 year, thereafter they will be together....

anak1965

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

anak1965

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,

I was told by the person in Kurnia in JB , the main office in Bandar Baru Uda, that if you renew your insurance by yourself you will get anaother 10% discount on top of the NCB.

vr2turbo

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (anak1965 @ Jun 7 2012, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

I was told by the person in Kurnia in JB , the main office in Bandar Baru Uda, that if you renew your insurance by yourself you will get anaother 10% discount on top of the NCB.

Yup, if you deal directly with the insurance company..... smile_tongue.gif

davidlow7

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 11 2012, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, if you deal directly with the insurance company..... smile_tongue.gif

My insurance is due for renewal too and this time I've decided not to renew with the agent as last year I asked him to insure for flood but he insured in windscreen.

May I know what are the documents I need to bring to the insurance company?

I am planning to continue back with Tokio Marine, the previous agent that served me is from an agency firm so is there anything needed other than my geran itself?

cute_boboi

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (peterwkc @ Jun 4 2012, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it is your right to reject all the add-ons, such as
- motor-roadside-assistance (tow car, car problem)
- personal accident insurance (like life insurance PA)
If they insist, ask for a printed quote and goto BNM. All insurance in M'sia are regulated by BNM.

QUOTE (davidlow7 @ Jul 19 2012, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My insurance is due for renewal too and this time I've decided not to renew with the agent as last year I asked him to insure for flood but he insured in windscreen.

May I know what are the documents I need to bring to the insurance company?

I am planning to continue back with Tokio Marine, the previous agent that served me is from an agency firm so is there anything needed other than my geran itself?

Bring your existing original schedule, even if it is from different insurer.
I'm not sure if need to bring along car-reg card, but bring it, just in case.
Also, transfer NCD, some may need a transfer-letter from the previous insurer.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous