Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mondeo in Malaysia Q1, 2009?

• Please log in to reply

droll

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (CoffeeDude @ Jan 30 2012, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the Passat, what bothers me most is the comfort level.
How can a car than costs 190K have engine noise entering the cabin?
It also didn't absorb potholes, bumps, etc as I can feel it.
I wonder if it just the test car that is like this or do passat owners experience the same too.

i've read about that too. apparently the comfort level in the passat is a sacrifice for the handling. the mondeo has always been a keen driver's car (ford has always prided themselves for making cars that handle well). something which mazda and volvo shares as well in the past since they use the same platform as ford.

so have you placed a booking? smile.gif

Crow

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Crow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (CoffeeDude @ Jan 30 2012, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With the Passat, what bothers me most is the comfort level.
How can a car than costs 190K have engine noise entering the cabin?
It also didn't absorb potholes, bumps, etc as I can feel it.
I wonder if it just the test car that is like this or do passat owners experience the same too.

I am a Passat Owner and experience the same to sad.gif
Can feel the Pot holes and cabin noise is high

But the 5 year warranty,2nd hand value (i learned my lesson after owning 3 Fords- but the drive/built was fantastic) and SA who serviced me was what help me make my decision smile.gif

The Crow

droll

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (Crow @ Jan 31 2012, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But the 5 year warranty,2nd hand value (i learned my lesson after owning 3 Fords- but the drive/built was fantastic) and SA who serviced me was what help me make my decision smile.gif

my only concern about the 5 year warranty is:
a) does it mean VW prone to failure? i've read the polo club forums and the 1.2tsi has a number of nagging problems (gearbox, turbo failure).
cool.gif i have to continue to foot the bill of labour and oil at authorized VW prices, which can work out to be significantly more over a 5 year period
c) my experience with authorized service centres has always been less than desired if repairs are the order of the day. delays, promises not kept, repair work that introduces more problems, waiting for parts to arrive, etc sad.gif

not to put a damper on your new ownership. but one thing i will admit, VW is certainly popular in m'sia. you can see the number of passats, passat CCs, polos, golfs, etc running around. it would surely hold its resale value much better than ford in the near future.

Ford has some exciting stuff coming in 2012. my only hope is the fiesta and these new ecoboost engines (in the focus) will push the brand perception and acceptance up over time.

br1

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

owner of 3 fords? what you think about the S max?

CoffeeDude

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
QUOTE (droll @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've read about that too. apparently the comfort level in the passat is a sacrifice for the handling. the mondeo has always been a keen driver's car (ford has always prided themselves for making cars that handle well). something which mazda and volvo shares as well in the past since they use the same platform as ford.

so have you placed a booking? smile.gif

I need to try the Mondeo on a clearer road another time.
Also need to test drive the 508 and do another comparison biggrin.gif

CoffeeDude

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Could it be due to the tyres?
Maybe tyre pressure too high.
Try lowering it and see if the comfort improves.

ssifbww

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

ssifbww

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
QUOTE (CoffeeDude @ Feb 1 2012, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to try the Mondeo on a clearer road another time.
Also need to test drive the 508 and do another comparison biggrin.gif

I'd recommend to test drive Mondeo in Shah Alam (Persada Auto Sek 15). You can have all kind of road for driving nearby here:
1) Smooth highway - Federal Highway (ramp from Bulatan Malawati and exit / u-turn at Padang Jawa interchange)
2) Uneven road (almost bad road) - Jalan Utas (this is inside road of Persiaran Selangor)
3) Uneven highway - From Jalan Utas to LKSA highway and u-turn at Kota Kemuning

If you have time, test drive also Nissan Teana (showroom just in the same row) just for comparison how good the Mondeo is.

droll

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (ssifbww @ Feb 20 2012, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd recommend to test drive Mondeo in Shah Alam (Persada Auto Sek 15). You can have all kind of road for driving nearby here:
1) Smooth highway - Federal Highway (ramp from Bulatan Malawati and exit / u-turn at Padang Jawa interchange)
2) Uneven road (almost bad road) - Jalan Utas (this is inside road of Persiaran Selangor)
3) Uneven highway - From Jalan Utas to LKSA highway and u-turn at Kota Kemuning

If you have time, test drive also Nissan Teana (showroom just in the same row) just for comparison how good the Mondeo is.

so did you test drive the teana? i have not tried it yet. how is the teana compared to the mondeo? damn curious to know.

ssifbww

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

ssifbww

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
QUOTE (droll @ Feb 21 2012, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so did you test drive the teana? i have not tried it yet. how is the teana compared to the mondeo? damn curious to know.

Yes I did (for 2.0). In terms of handling, Mondeo is way better (Teana is far far behind). The suspension was surprisingly crashed in road bump (maybe slightly better than Camry). It's comfort car no doubt if we drive slowly, but pressing full throttle is not inspiring at all (maybe because CVT).

droll

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (ssifbww @ Feb 21 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I did (for 2.0). In terms of handling, Mondeo is way better (Teana is far far behind). The suspension was surprisingly crashed in road bump (maybe slightly better than Camry). It's comfort car no doubt if we drive slowly, but pressing full throttle is not inspiring at all (maybe because CVT).

no surprises at all on power. i think the teana fares a bit better with the 250 version. but then again, teana has never been a driver's car, and with a NA engine, the biggest problem is the lack of torque compared to the turbo ecoboost. surely feel the difference!!

anyway i'm wondering when the 2012 stocks will arrive. 2-3 more weeks i'm guessing.