Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Getting Rexton 270xdi - Looking For Some Basic Infor.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

APEK

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

APEK

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
hi guys,

i'm on the verge of getting rexton 2.7xdi. fall in love with the interior build. atlhough the ride is more lorry-like rather car-like (maybe i'm wrong on this) but i think it is ok for me. i have the following questions hoping you guys could help.

1) what is the common breakdown/problem with rexton 2.7xdi?

2) does this car have gearbox failure & how much normally is the repair cost?

3) common spareparts - driveshaft, shock absorber, bearings, bushings - is this available easily in Penang?

4) can anyone share price for common spares like driveshaft & shock absorber. i think this 2 items is good enough as a benchmark.

5) err....this question might not be very smart - are there anyone here used to be or know the previous owner of rexton 2.7xdi APF6121. wanted to know if this unit is "safe" to buy.

i'll put in some deposit tomorrow so i still have tonight to review my decision on this unit. hope to get useful info from sifus here.

thank you guys

rex4585

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (APEK @ May 31 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys,

i'm on the verge of getting rexton 2.7xdi. fall in love with the interior build. atlhough the ride is more lorry-like rather car-like (maybe i'm wrong on this) but i think it is ok for me. i have the following questions hoping you guys could help.

3) common spareparts - driveshaft, shock absorber, bearings, bushings - is this available easily in Penang?

4) can anyone share price for common spares like driveshaft & shock absorber. i think this 2 items is good enough as a benchmark.

5) err....this question might not be very smart - are there anyone here used to be or know the previous owner of rexton 2.7xdi APF6121. wanted to know if this unit is "safe" to buy.

i'll put in some deposit tomorrow so i still have tonight to review my decision on this unit. hope to get useful info from sifus here.

thank you guys

Bro the reg no cannot be right. Now only AH_.

byebye2u

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (APEK @ May 31 2012, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys,

thank you guys

coming monday i'm free, pm me your no.

r3xt0n

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
[quote name='APEK' date='May 31 2012, 02:59 PM' post='1821297']
hi guys,

Rexton original suspension is too soft, can improve by adding rubber damper and changing to harder absorbers.

The most common issue is the Vacuum Modulator that cost RM250 to replace DIY with just 2 screws and few hoses.

All cars can have gearbox failure but if you maintain proper care and use the right ATF Lub, your gb will last better and not to forget this GB is from Mercs. Recond gb cost around RM5k but if components problem cost much lesser.

Shouldn't be a problem to source parts in PG or thru Hub. Plenty of active bros in PG that meet up regularly.

OEM Absorbers (Hyunkai) is RM100 each and main driveshaft is RM1,100 but can just replace the T-Joint.

Maybe you meant AFP as APF is not out yet.

thank you guys

No need to rush to make deposit, exchange contact with Bro Nik to test drive with you before deciding.

kenny4744

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

kenny4744

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
Bro Apek,

Where is your location?. Penng or Mainland
I saw a few Rex at 2nd Use car not sure if you are looking at those that I saw at 2nd car shop

Kenneth
019 411 7408

APEK

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

APEK

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (kenny4744 @ May 31 2012, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Apek,

Where is your location?. Penng or Mainland
I saw a few Rex at 2nd Use car not sure if you are looking at those that I saw at 2nd car shop

Kenneth
019 411 7408

rex4545- it is AFC, my mistake. yr made is 2004 not 2005. car previously own by a co. probably lawyer's firm. mil 80k+ buat i agree with Nik that can be tampered.

kenny, i'm in mainland. where are you?

my main initial concern were spareparts & i was actually half-hearted on my decision but after long chat with Nik i am very excited now. racun baik. not sure i should thank him or not for that smile_thumbup.gif

what is the max price you guys think is max for yr2004 xdi270(1)?

do you know anyone else selling good unit - (i'm interested only with black color, black leather with memory seats)

r3xt0n

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (APEK @ Jun 1 2012, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rex4545- it is AFC, my mistake. yr made is 2004 not 2005. car previously own by a co. probably lawyer's firm. mil 80k+ buat i agree with Nik that can be tampered.

kenny, i'm in mainland. where are you?

my main initial concern were spareparts & i was actually half-hearted on my decision but after long chat with Nik i am very excited now. racun baik. not sure i should thank him or not for that smile_thumbup.gif

what is the max price you guys think is max for yr2004 xdi270(1)?

do you know anyone else selling good unit - (i'm interested only with black color, black leather with memory seats)

You can read from the forum here on the problems, servicing and spare parts.

One of our bro, Errierext is thinking to sell his, perhaps you can PM him to check. His one comes with lots of goody like sport rim, low profile tires, Eco Map, jet exhaust sound, etc

APEK

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

APEK

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Jun 1 2012, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can read from the forum here on the problems, servicing and spare parts.

One of our bro, Errierext is thinking to sell his, perhaps you can PM him to check. His one comes with lots of goody like sport rim, low profile tires, Eco Map, jet exhaust sound, etc

tq r3xton,

can i get his ctc no?

APEK

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

APEK

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (APEK @ Jun 1 2012, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tq r3xton,

can i get his ctc no?

someone pls pm me ERRIEREXT hp no. his pm inbox is already full. tq.

penapis

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

penapis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
i'll stay in batu feringghi 6-8 Jun.. can meet up and test drive ur car...