Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

A Fatal Defect Of My Hyundai I 10

• Please log in to reply

jolokia

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (joelkclim @ Jun 3 2012, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Japaneses car marketing stuff? No way man! smile_disapprove.gif Even if there left only Japense company in the world, there is no way I would work for them? History taught me hard, buddies.

Maybe you don't understand the meaning of "There is no right & wrong in Love & War"

Then how about stop using English in your posting since they colonised us for hundreds of year, stop eating tomyam since the siam whack us many hundreds year ago ?

QUOTE (kaylcar @ Jun 3 2012, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you don't seem to be able to read, or maybe you just read what you want to believe. Your mind is playing tricks on you, friend! LOL.
just one more time...the i10 has this EPS problem in many other countries, it's a design fault, just like all the other brands I mentioned. EPS is still a"developing" technology, nuthing to do with "Korean cars" blah blah from you again! smile_tongue.gif

smile_approve.gif
Really ? How come the few Japanese car using EPS in my family never have a single problem ?
This ultra rubbish, unless.you mean all EPS come from 1 single source.
Eg. Just because P1 have problem with their power window, doesn't all car with power window have problem.
Trying to homogenised EPS problem to neutralise damage on Korean car repo is unacceptable & ultra disgusts.

I believe what make the fellow really angry is the shoddy repair job & arrogant attitude of the management who refused to take life threatening matter seriously, too bad i10 is not available in US or else there would be a huge recall for sure.
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

kaylcar

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Jun 3 2012, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you don't understand the meaning of "There is no right & wrong in Love & War"

Then how about stop using English in your posting since they colonised us for hundreds of year, stop eating tomyam since the siam whack us many hundreds year ago ?

smile_approve.gif
Really ? How come the few Japanese car using EPS in my family never have a single problem ?
This ultra rubbish, unless.you mean all EPS come from 1 single source.
Eg. Just because P1 have problem with their power window, doesn't all car with power window have problem.
Trying to homogenised EPS problem to neutralise damage on Korean car repo is unacceptable & ultra disgusts.

I believe what make the fellow really angry is the shoddy repair job & arrogant attitude of the management who refused to take life threatening matter seriously, too bad i10 is not available in US or else there would be a huge recall for sure.

you are not very well versed in EPS problems...go and find out for yourself if you value your family's lives.
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

ring

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (joelkclim @ May 30 2012, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a i10 1.25 liter last year, but immediately I had a serious problem. The car EPS signal on dash board lights up and the engine stops, and the steering locked. This happens many times. Imagine the danger I am in!!! Right in the middle of highway, for several times with huge vehicle like bus and truck right behind me. Thank God for His grace I am still a live out of the dangerous situations like this.

Wow! That is bad attitude of SD-Hyundai's salespeople & managers.

...Tribunal Consumer @ Plaza MRCB Shah Alam will be your next course of action. You must provided documentary proof to file a claim.

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

joelkclim

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

joelkclim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Latest update:
They eventually replaced the sensor. I shall drive in "slow" traffic zone, such as within residential area, remote and less traffic zone. Driving on the lest lane if thereare two lanes, and at speed no more than 90KM/hr. smile_blackeye.gif

this shall be the case for a period of time. And we will see. Pray for my safety, guys.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: I initiate this posting to request help and opinion regarding a technical failure. My appreciation to those of you who have forwarded friendly advises. smile_thumbup.gif Any intentional and biased interpretation of the postings herein before and after,if any, is uncalled for and regretted. I wish to state my unwillingness to get involve in groundless and meaningless remarks. smile_disapprove.gif

thank you, buddies.

jayraptor

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (joelkclim @ Jun 5 2012, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Latest update:
They eventually replaced the sensor. I shall drive in "slow" traffic zone, such as within residential area, remote and less traffic zone. Driving on the lest lane if thereare two lanes, and at speed no more than 90KM/hr. smile_blackeye.gif

this shall be the case for a period of time. And we will see. Pray for my safety, guys.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: I initiate this posting to request help and opinion regarding a technical failure. My appreciation to those of you who have forwarded friendly advises. smile_thumbup.gif Any intentional and biased interpretation of the postings herein before and after,if any, is uncalled for and regretted. I wish to state my unwillingness to get involve in groundless and meaningless remarks. smile_disapprove.gif

thank you, buddies.

Hi joelkclim,

Thanks for voicing out here. Nice to hear that they replaced the defective EPS. When comes to electronic gadgets, whenever there is something loose, etc, request for replacement rather than re-connect the wires. These gadgets and the ECU, Multiplexer concealed in vacuum tight modules especially are not supposed to be opened and if loosed, must be replaced or else, it won't last long. Do feel free to voice out as consumers.

Whenever a car company starting to do well, there are always useless thrash without technical background and concern for consumers like jolokia, popcorn, nokia, feelfree etc that will cheat their ways to get management level position. These bunch would always prevent consumers from claiming anything defective even under warranty but when comes to their own personal entertainment and special benefit fees that cost way more than a single ECU, they will immediately approve. Parasites don't really do good for the company, should kick these thrash out of the company and replace them with engineers and foreman that care more about consumers rather than cutting unnecessary cost.

From your cases and several owners who posted here, seems like Hyundai designed their ECU to stop the engine whenever the EPS, ESP, etc jammed or faulty as part of safety measure. For H and N brand cases whereby their EPS overheat due to extensive use, defective or failed, the engine will keep moving with the steering stuck and the driver will have to stop the car on his own. Does the failsafe of shutting down the engine better or let the engine on?

Nokia6280

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jun 5 2012, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi joelkclim,

Thanks for voicing out here. Nice to hear that they replaced the defective EPS. When comes to electronic gadgets, whenever there is something loose, etc, request for replacement rather than re-connect the wires. These gadgets and the ECU, Multiplexer concealed in vacuum tight modules especially are not supposed to be opened and if loosed, must be replaced or else, it won't last long. Do feel free to voice out as consumers.

Whenever a car company starting to do well, there are always useless thrash without technical background and concern for consumers like jolokia, popcorn, nokia, feelfree etc that will cheat their ways to get management level position. These bunch would always prevent consumers from claiming anything defective even under warranty but when comes to their own personal entertainment and special benefit fees that cost way more than a single ECU, they will immediately approve. Parasites don't really do good for the company, should kick these thrash out of the company and replace them with engineers and foreman that care more about consumers rather than cutting unnecessary cost.

From your cases and several owners who posted here, seems like Hyundai designed their ECU to stop the engine whenever the EPS, ESP, etc jammed or faulty as part of safety measure. For H and N brand cases whereby their EPS overheat due to extensive use, defective or failed, the engine will keep moving with the steering stuck and the driver will have to stop the car on his own. Does the failsafe of shutting down the engine better or let the engine on?

hahahahahaha! another joke of the day again.. ask yourself first you want a car die and stop in the middle of the road or still able to move a bit that allow you to pull aside?

If you think stop in the middle of road is good then proof to us why? If you dare go drive in any highway.. drive around 80 km/h switch of the engine like what our friend joelkclim experiencing. You came back to tell us if you still alive on whether this is good design.

By the way where the hell get the info the steering stuck when a EPS overheat but engine is still running? If EPS failed the only thing you wouldn't have is power steering and not steering stuck. Even if you say steering stuck but at least the car is moving and the driver can slowly decrease the car speed and eventually stop it rather than sudden stop.

Some time don't just simply jump to the gun by giving untrue, no fact comments.

LASTLY! This is my first post to this forum... shoot also shoot wrongly.. Maybe raping the toll so much? Really, you can't run away from you good name "JAY RAPE TOLL".... smile_tongue.gif

cfa

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
Joel, what you need to do is to test the EPS to the max. Do this by going round-and-round your residential area, turning into corners, etc. If you only drive in a straight line, no much chance to test the EPS.

SplitFire

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Jun 3 2012, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you a Japanese?
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

jolokia

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jun 5 2012, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi joelkclim,

Jayraptor must be one of those poor foreman who fail in in climbing corporate ladder, but how you expect your company to promote you when you don't even know there is no keyhole in Forte SX ? smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jun 6 2012, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you a Japanese?

I do not boycott any product base on grandfather history. smile_approve.gif

Another fellow who don't understand the philosophy "All is fair in love & war" google it, maybe it will enchanced you life. sleep.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

kaylcar

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Jun 6 2012, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jayraptor must be one of those poor foreman who fail in in climbing corporate ladder, but how you expect your company to promote you when you don't even know there is no keyhole in Forte SX ? smile_tongue.gif

I do not boycott any product base on grandfather history. smile_approve.gif

Another fellow who don't understand the philosophy "All is fair in love & war" google it, maybe it will enchanced you life. sleep.gif

...now that is a grest motto for losers! smile_approve.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?