Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

A Fatal Defect Of My Hyundai I 10

• Please log in to reply

joelkclim

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

joelkclim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I bought a i10 1.25 liter last year, but immediately I had a serious problem. The car EPS signal on dash board lights up and the engine stops, and the steering locked. This happens many times. Imagine the danger I am in!!! Right in the middle of highway, for several times with huge vehicle like bus and truck right behind me. Thank God for His grace I am still a live out of the dangerous situations like this.

I lodged a report to the Hyundai service center nearest to me. They checked and told me it was due to some connections not tightened, and they did the tightening as a counter measure(my words). I trusted them, as they are the expertise , in my mind at least. BUT the same problems kept happening after the counter action by Hyundai service personnel. When I went back to them, they advised me to go to their HQ service center in Temasya, Shah Alam.

I did. Sad to say, I was told the same story, i.e. the connection was not tightened, and they tightened the so called connections again as the counter measure. VERY VERY POOR technical measure, because after that the car stopped again for several times, right in the middle of heavy traffics. Imagine I am subject to the risk of losing my life due to such poor technical decision.

So yesterday I went back to the same Hyundai Service Center HQ in Temasya Industrial Park again. This time I was told they are changing a sensor. But they are having a stock take, and thus cannot withdraw the part(sensor) from their warehouse!!! Meaning I have to take my car back and go back to have the sensor change only their stock take is over.
Oh my God, Hyundai simply dose not see my life an urgent matter, rather their stock take is more important than a human life. What if I get killed in an accident due to the engine failure/stopping????

I asked to speak to at least a manager, but the gentleman receiving the customer complaint cannot arrange to it. He is quite a nice man, and I supposed he has directive not to do arrangement for customer to see higher level personnel.

Can anyone please advise what I should do to highlight my plight? I want Hyundai to be responsible if this problem is not arrested and I get killed in an accident arises of this stopping of engine? Tribunal or any where I can get to talk to their high level, say Head of Operation/regional manager?

wheeLSpin

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
The hq is actually in glenmarie. Bring overthere. They shud be able to help on your issue I guess

joelkclim

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

joelkclim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ May 31 2012, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The hq is actually in glenmarie. Bring overthere. They shud be able to help on your issue I guess

Thank you for your prompt and friendly response, but that is where I went and I did not get to meet their higher level.

cfa

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (joelkclim @ May 31 2012, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for your prompt and friendly response, but that is where I went and I did not get to meet their higher level.

Refer to Hotline in Malay Mail. Being in the press will speed up response from the management.

ayluvb3ech

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

ayluvb3ech

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 709 posts
this is so dangerous..

and hyundai malaysia don't give a sh!t about it.. wth... better raise this up in MM. Remember to state the model itself so that other owners are aware of this.
Hyundai Sonata NF 2.0 (G4KA)

gunner93

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

gunner93

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
If it happens to your car, very likely it will happen to others as well. Sime Darby Hyundai must take responsibility to consider a recall. If I were in your shoes, I will write to the very top of the hierarchy of this organisation and copy to the relevant government departments and possibly Consumer Association. Suggest dont risk driving the car anymore.

"Less Booze, More Boost" 

http://gunner93.multiply.com

Kevin

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (joelkclim @ May 30 2012, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a i10 1.25 liter last year, but immediately I had a serious problem. The car EPS signal on dash board lights up and the engine stops, and the steering locked. This happens many times. Imagine the danger I am in!!! Right in the middle of highway, for several times with huge vehicle like bus and truck right behind me. Thank God for His grace I am still a live out of the dangerous situations like this.

I lodged a report to the Hyundai service center nearest to me. They checked and told me it was due to some connections not tightened, and they did the tightening as a counter measure(my words). I trusted them, as they are the expertise , in my mind at least. BUT the same problems kept happening after the counter action by Hyundai service personnel. When I went back to them, they advised me to go to their HQ service center in Temasya, Shah Alam.

I did. Sad to say, I was told the same story, i.e. the connection was not tightened, and they tightened the so called connections again as the counter measure. VERY VERY POOR technical measure, because after that the car stopped again for several times, right in the middle of heavy traffics. Imagine I am subject to the risk of losing my life due to such poor technical decision.

So yesterday I went back to the same Hyundai Service Center HQ in Temasya Industrial Park again. This time I was told they are changing a sensor. But they are having a stock take, and thus cannot withdraw the part(sensor) from their warehouse!!! Meaning I have to take my car back and go back to have the sensor change only their stock take is over.
Oh my God, Hyundai simply dose not see my life an urgent matter, rather their stock take is more important than a human life. What if I get killed in an accident due to the engine failure/stopping????

I asked to speak to at least a manager, but the gentleman receiving the customer complaint cannot arrange to it. He is quite a nice man, and I supposed he has directive not to do arrangement for customer to see higher level personnel.

Can anyone please advise what I should do to highlight my plight? I want Hyundai to be responsible if this problem is not arrested and I get killed in an accident arises of this stopping of engine? Tribunal or any where I can get to talk to their high level, say Head of Operation/regional manager?

If I were you, I'd leave the car at the service centre for them to diagnose. Do note that Hyundai outsources their parts logistics to Schenker so not everything related to parts is within their direct control.

jt101

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

jt101

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ May 31 2012, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I were you, I'd leave the car at the service centre for them to diagnose. Do note that Hyundai outsources their parts logistics to Schenker so not everything related to parts is within their direct control.

do not agree here.

my company uses schenker storage and logistics services.

schenker will accommodate customers needs, however, got special charges payable for special deliveries and stuff.

wheeLSpin

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
I saw this in other website.

you can try below, this should be the hyundai hq (not sime darby) in Malaysia. But no contact person. Can try your luck :

Hyundai Motor Company
3A-06 & 07, Level 3A, Menara UAC No 12, Jln PJU 7/5, Mutiara Damansara Petaling Jaya 47800
contact no: 03 7725 8383

Let us know what happen if you get them.

joelkclim

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

joelkclim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
    Thanks to all the suggestions. Shall consider and do your recommendations. Result shall be posted here. smile_approve.gif

I am new to this forum, and unable to PM to you guys for further detail. There is info about the PM in "Help", but I don't see the PM button anywhere. Please help, guys.