Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Al4 Versus Renaultmatic D3 Syn

• Please log in to reply

begins

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

begins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi all,

I read with amusement on an old topic about the use of Esso/Mobil AL4 versus Renaultmatic D3 Syn. I also cross referenced to some ang mo French car forums and they too prefer the use of AL4 than the one by Elf. However, I also see that this Prestige LL is also LT71141 compatible.

Since I'm going to drive the C5 MK1 FL for a while, I intend to stock pile the ATF, so I suppose AL4 is the way to go. What is the usual price that you guys paid for the liquid? I'm trying to see if it is more economical to order from ebay and ship it in.

Please advise me and Thank you very much.

Regards,

mychemu

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

mychemu

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
I usually pay RM60/pk and use 4 pk for my Evasion.

begins

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

begins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
QUOTE (mychemu @ May 23 2012, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I usually pay RM60/pk and use 4 pk for my Evasion.

Thanks for the reply. If I pay RM250 at the workshop to get the oil changed, it seems reasonable.

I will check around to see if I'm able to beat RM60/pk price.

By the way, do you know how much you have been paying for an Oil Filter?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

mychemu

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

mychemu

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
For Citroen original filter
Evasion = RM40/pc
C3 = RM58/pc

I get these thru the Workshop. If getting directly from part supplier, can be cheaper.

begins

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

begins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi all,

After 2 changes of Esso LT71141 in my C5 (year 2007), I don't find improvement in my gearbox smoothness hence I will be considering either Amsoil or Redline ATF in my next ATF change (probably in about 2 weeks time).

The 2 mentioned brands are widely available here, whereas Esso LT71141 is harder to come by and its price is on the high side.

They are also a direct replacement for LT71141.

Redline at: http://www.redlineoi...x?pid=51&pcid=9
Amsoil at: http://www.amsoil.co...eFront/atf.aspx

I will also be adding this stuff to the gearbox:

XADO EX120 Revitalizant for automatic transmissions at: http://xado.us/index...?route=product/ ... uct_id=352

I will give you guys a field report subsequently after the change.

Regards,

intermilan

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Hi,

For AL4 gearbox (its a gearbox, not ATF oil), stick to Esso LT71141 ATF oil. Or try find Total AT Long Life.
But both ARE exactly the same ATF oil, just bottled and sell differently.

citplug

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

citplug

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Jan 11 2013, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

For AL4 gearbox (its a gearbox, not ATF oil), stick to Esso LT71141 ATF oil. Or try find Total AT Long Life.
But both ARE exactly the same ATF oil, just bottled and sell differently.

Intermilan is correct, only these 2. There was once a guy in peugeot forum like to expeiment with all sort of oil...finally his gb gone. Many years ago, maybe the thread still in peugeot .

begins

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

begins

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
QUOTE (citplug @ May 2 2013, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Intermilan is correct, only these 2. There was once a guy in peugeot forum like to expeiment with all sort of oil...finally his gb gone. Many years ago, maybe the thread still in peugeot .

I have not been here for quite sometimes.

Yes, I am currently on a DIII spec, which is LT compatible. Been using it for about 2 months and done some road trips recently. Also run up to 180Km/h. Iā€™m still monitoring. Prepare to change GB if really no good.

Thanks for the advice.