Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Forte 2.0 Sx - Bad Fuel Consumption?

• Please log in to reply

zerocool7

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

zerocool7

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi all.

It is a 2nd hand car, bought it from my uncle who left me only 68K of mileage and decided to sell it to me. Never mind, I love Forte. Previously, I drove a 'yellow two door Porsche', the Satria 1.3 SE. I decided to sell this one instead.

As many people have said that the Forte is really good fuel saver. But mine is not.

Maybe it is just me, but my "Black Manta" Forte consumes too much of fuel. I go to work from Penang Island to Kulim on last Thursday (17th of May). Filled the tank about RM 50 and meter goes up to 3 notch above 1/2 tank. Till to this day 21st of May, the low fuel signal is blinking up.

Is this normal for a 2.0 liter car?

I have another car for family use, my 'Black Carp', the Toyota Altis 1.8 which is ultimately a fuel saver compared to my Black Manta.

Even at short distance driving to send my younger brother to tuition class, I can see the fuel meter twitch downwards slowly.

This never happened to my 'Black Carp'. At short distance, the Altis is a lot better.

I may be new to a 2.0 liter car but please correct me on this. Is there anyone else suffering the same problem? How can I fix this fuel sucking monster? Or do I have to drive 100 KM/h to save fuel? Because at average, I like to drive at 60-90 KM/h most of the time. Not a racer on crack! tongue.gif

Thank you and have a good day!

SplitFire

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (zerocool7 @ May 22 2012, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all.

It is a 2nd hand car, bought it from my uncle who left me only 68K of mileage and decided to sell it to me. Never mind, I love Forte. Previously, I drove a 'yellow two door Porsche', the Satria 1.3 SE. I decided to sell this one instead.

As many people have said that the Forte is really good fuel saver. But mine is not.

Maybe it is just me, but my "Black Manta" Forte consumes too much of fuel. I go to work from Penang Island to Kulim on last Thursday (17th of May). Filled the tank about RM 50 and meter goes up to 3 notch above 1/2 tank. Till to this day 21st of May, the low fuel signal is blinking up.

I have another car for family use, my 'Black Carp', the Toyota Altis 1.8 which is ultimately a fuel saver compared to my Black Manta.

Even at short distance driving to send my younger brother to tuition class, I can see the fuel meter twitch downwards slowly.

This never happened to my 'Black Carp'. At short distance, the Altis is a lot better.

I may be new to a 2.0 liter car but please correct me on this. Is there anyone else suffering the same problem? How can I fix this fuel sucking monster? Or do I have to drive 100 KM/h to save fuel? Because at average, I like to drive at 60-90 KM/h most of the time. Not a racer on crack! tongue.gif

Do a calculation to determined your KM/L, or Malaysian favourite, 1KM = RM??.

My 3.0L SUV currently consumed RM0.25 per KM on highway. If town driving about RM0.30 per KM.
That's about only 6.3-7.6km per litre of petrol. Quite normal for a heavy drinker. So your's RM50 can run how many KM?
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

jayraptor

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (zerocool7 @ May 22 2012, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all.

Hi zerocool7,

Is your Forte 2.0 the first batch 4AT or facelift with 6AT gearbox? Please post your FC reading here, appreciate to know more about the 2.0L. Since I don't have the Forte 2.0L, I could only estimate roughly with Sonata NF. It should be somewhere 9km/L range for city. Worse city traffic could be 8.8km/L. Mixed city driving 10km/L.

If you are used to driving smaller than 1.6L car with kerb weight less than 1000kg, it is common that you'll find the larger 2.0L C-segment weighs >1300kg consumes more fuel. First thing is to control the pedal, don't need to rev above 2500rpm unless you are overtaking on higher speed limit highway.

The Altis is definitely fuel saver. If it's 03-07 model, sure save FC since it is a smaller car weighs only 1168kg. If it is Altis '08 it is still an FC saver though at 1.5km/L more fuel thirsty than the old one. The F/L Altis dual VVT '11 gets better FC than Altis '08.

Please post more details about your new ride. TQ.