Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Volvo S60 (owner)

• Please log in to reply

henryz

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

henryz

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
deleted coming soon

easwaren5

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

easwaren5

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (henryz @ May 2 2012, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am new owner of VOLVO S60; car manufactured on year 2011, register on April 19, 2012; Basically is a new car

Before I make up my mind to purchase my new car from range of AUDI, BMW, MERC, VOLVO & VOLKSWAGEN, I had "test drive" every car as mentioned... All is a CBU units....

"CBU VOLVO" is a pleasant drive i would comment... I high-tech gadget that almost all other competitor cannot offer, better cost saving in term of long term maintainance, safety approach and many more

After many factor of consideration, i had decided to purchase VOLVO.. a CKD since save me almost 40K....

I am happily collected my new car on April 19, 2012....

And the nightmare begin...

Range from: Engine vibration, intermittent electronic door sensor issue, fuel consumption issue, unpleasant seat sound issue, BLIS intermittent fault issue, door look issue, front sensor distance sensor issue, leather seat scratch, disc breaker vibrate, car coating issue

Just two weeks and i see so much problem; where problem had happen since 2nd day driving, i wonder how long and reliable it would last

Tomorrow will pay a visit to VOLVO and the COATING company and wanted a answer from them

This is my 1st 1/4 million car and i am seriously very upset with it...

I been wondering how reliable the car.......

Worst than my Mitsubishi triton...........

Will update for more information

easwaren5

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

easwaren5

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (henryz @ May 2 2012, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am new owner of VOLVO S60; car manufactured on year 2011, register on April 19, 2012; Basically is a new car

Before I make up my mind to purchase my new car from range of AUDI, BMW, MERC, VOLVO & VOLKSWAGEN, I had "test drive" every car as mentioned... All is a CBU units....

"CBU VOLVO" is a pleasant drive i would comment... I high-tech gadget that almost all other competitor cannot offer, better cost saving in term of long term maintainance, safety approach and many more

After many factor of consideration, i had decided to purchase VOLVO.. a CKD since save me almost 40K....

I am happily collected my new car on April 19, 2012....

And the nightmare begin...

Range from: Engine vibration, intermittent electronic door sensor issue, fuel consumption issue, unpleasant seat sound issue, BLIS intermittent fault issue, door look issue, front sensor distance sensor issue, leather seat scratch, disc breaker vibrate, car coating issue

Just two weeks and i see so much problem; where problem had happen since 2nd day driving, i wonder how long and reliable it would last

Tomorrow will pay a visit to VOLVO and the COATING company and wanted a answer from them

This is my 1st 1/4 million car and i am seriously very upset with it...

I been wondering how reliable the car.......

Worst than my Mitsubishi triton...........

Will update for more information

Dear Henryz,
Feel sorry for you. Lucky this 2011 model comes with 5yrs warranty. They should be able to rectify your probs. New cars are full of electronics more so the new S60.

henryz

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

henryz

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Dear Bro Easwaren,

Originally the car not come with 5 year warranty, it was because to push out 2011 car, they offer 5 year warranty or 100,000 KM, free maintainance and on call service..

New car only 3 year but not free maintainance, the diffrent is price increase 4K, no body kit, upgrade to 7" screen with GPS

2011 special offer only with 5" and body kits

The body kit alone cost about 9K if you purchase separately...

When i test drive the CBU units.. it a pleasant drive... perfectly what looking at... but CKD seem to be on the different side or maybe i on the bad luck that 1 in 1000

QUOTE (easwaren5 @ May 2 2012, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Henryz,
Feel sorry for you. Lucky this 2011 model comes with 5yrs warranty. They should be able to rectify your probs. New cars are full of electronics more so the new S60.

easwaren5

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

easwaren5

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (henryz @ May 3 2012, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Bro Easwaren,

Originally the car not come with 5 year warranty, it was because to push out 2011 car, they offer 5 year warranty or 100,000 KM, free maintainance and on call service..

New car only 3 year but not free maintainance, the diffrent is price increase 4K, no body kit, upgrade to 7" screen with GPS

2011 special offer only with 5" and body kits

The body kit alone cost about 9K if you purchase separately...

When i test drive the CBU units.. it a pleasant drive... perfectly what looking at... but CKD seem to be on the different side or maybe i on the bad luck that 1 in 1000

Dear Henryz,
You are prob unlucky.Owned prev S60 which they had to change all 4 discs due to brake judder after 3days but was trouble free for 5 yrs then started maintenence probs.But my friends who bought S60 T5 have so far had only good things to say. Maybe after they rectify the issues the car would be ok. Any progress? and why do you need to see the coating people?

henryz

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

henryz

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Coating... http://forum.autowor...howtopic=103755

My car have been in workshop since yesterday.... they call me this morning and say... everything is fix... but when ask him further about the fuel consumption issue.

He say we checked and found out no problem with the sensor; then i ask him how you going to explain the issue "FUEL TO EMPTY TANK"..... you imagine 75% of fuel indicator have 340KM "FUEL TO EMPTY TANK" when 50% fuel Indicator left 200KM "FUEL TO EMPTY TANK"..... Checking on KM/L.... never touch 9.0 KM/L...... This machine dont just drink petrol but swallow it

This totally not comply to datasheet given... even if given a worst case scenario (City Driving) also cannot comply; just almost there only...

I never see 500KM indicate 500KM "FUEL TO EMPTY TANK"

Maybe you can ask your friend to check about this

Furthermore how you gonna feel if driving 100KM/H start to have a wind noise?... for me this is worst than PROTON...

My friend volkwagen Jetta 150K car have wind noise only when driving above 150KM/H, I would expected Volvo to be better

Another thing Do you friend experience the Touch Door, sometime OK sometime Malfunction?.... i would say 10 time you open 2 time malfunction....

Is this suppose the quality of the car.... My gosh.... totally crap.... worst then my other car Triton....

My triton (new when i bought it) only have lift spring problem and only one..... trouble free till now......

I almost can buy 3 triton... with 1 VOLVO

QUOTE (easwaren5 @ May 3 2012, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Henryz,
You are prob unlucky.Owned prev S60 which they had to change all 4 discs due to brake judder after 3days but was trouble free for 5 yrs then started maintenence probs.But my friends who bought S60 T5 have so far had only good things to say. Maybe after they rectify the issues the car would be ok. Any progress? and why do you need to see the coating people?

easwaren5

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

easwaren5

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (henryz @ May 3 2012, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coating... http://forum.autowor...howtopic=103755
Dear Henryz,
My fr is actually quite happy n has no similar issues. His is also Ckd 2011 but 1st batch w free sports kit ?

My car have been in workshop since yesterday.... they call me this morning and say... everything is fix... but when ask him further about the fuel consumption issue.

He say we checked and found out no problem with the sensor; then i ask him how you going to explain the issue "FUEL TO EMPTY TANK"..... you imagine 75% of fuel indicator have 340KM "FUEL TO EMPTY TANK" when 50% fuel Indicator left 200KM "FUEL TO EMPTY TANK"..... Checking on KM/L.... never touch 9.0 KM/L...... This machine dont just drink petrol but swallow it

This totally not comply to datasheet given... even if given a worst case scenario (City Driving) also cannot comply; just almost there only...

I never see 500KM indicate 500KM "FUEL TO EMPTY TANK"

Maybe you can ask your friend to check about this

Furthermore how you gonna feel if driving 100KM/H start to have a wind noise?... for me this is worst than PROTON...

My friend volkwagen Jetta 150K car have wind noise only when driving above 150KM/H, I would expected Volvo to be better

Another thing Do you friend experience the Touch Door, sometime OK sometime Malfunction?.... i would say 10 time you open 2 time malfunction....

Is this suppose the quality of the car.... My gosh.... totally crap.... worst then my other car Triton....

My triton (new when i bought it) only have lift spring problem and only one..... trouble free till now......

I almost can buy 3 triton... with 1 VOLVO

henryz

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

henryz

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Just got my car this late evening from Volvo

All the thing settle except the fuel consumption meter issue...

Service supervisor had ask the engineer involved to explain to me... He said, we had check thru the software and found no fault..

I ask him "then how are your going to justified the fuel consumption indication;" 7KM/L or 14L/100KM with 67.5L tank would go 473KM with maximum i had seen driving around city is 9KM/L (when i do reset but fall back to about 7KM/L within few minutes)

Datasheet given spec (City = 11.2L/100Km or 603KM; Combine = 8.3L/100KM or 813; Highway: 6.6L/100KM or 1023KM)

Not even close to the worst scenario driving in the city.....

cannot answer

Well, I go thru the test report result... almost all indicate no fault...

I ask them further with a simple question "How you ensure the bending light working well";

He claim "we had check thru the software and show no fault"

I question "how the software do the test work" you cannot tell me the software gave no fault that meant no fault... you not even can tell me how the software do test work to confirm functionality...

The engineer told me that he cannot answer my question and would to put to matter back to the supervisor and neither the supervisor can answer me.. and trying to avoid me... a senior manager pass by me don't even dares to take the courtesy to understand more the situation. After their discussion they had decided will forward my matter to the highest authority at Malaysia HQ and will come back to me

When I drive my car and test it again myself.... the noise sound not even solve... wind sound "Shuuuuu" appear when driving above 90KM/H.....

With latest find out when driving at total damage road (uneven), the left front side have a knocking sound like my old car, believe to be faulty bearing or absorber

My gosh... I am fed up...this is totally unacceptable.... ###### this car.....

With a anger of not believing, I test drive my friend 2 years old Camry..... the engine is smoother than me but not the acceleration but engine noise level is quieter... i remember even my other friend volkswagen jetta beat me except the acceleration

The wind noise also better than me.... that is 2 year old car and mine two weeks

You may think i am too fussy, but when you paying a 1/4 million car for this type quality is totally unacceptable, I had asked them how Volvo competing with BMW, MERC and AUDI?

I will never trust CKD quality again any more and no more VOLVO...

I decided to write to Sweden even plan flying there if the top management cannot solve my problem

chuakz

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

chuakz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
if you think BMWs, Audis and Mercs are more reliable....think again...I'm not Volvo fan but of all the four manufacturers...Volvo scored highest in most if not all reliability surveys...nowadays cars have a lot of electronics...unlike in the old days....your triton have less issues....that might be because it has less electronics to deal with....

henryz

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

henryz

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Totally not agree with you; The electronic is just 1 parts of problem;

I agree with you VOLVO is a great car... But the CKD version seem to be different story

Suspension, rubber seal, seat is not electronic...

QUOTE (chuakz @ May 7 2012, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you think BMWs, Audis and Mercs are more reliable....think again...I'm not Volvo fan but of all the four manufacturers...Volvo scored highest in most if not all reliability surveys...nowadays cars have a lot of electronics...unlike in the old days....your triton have less issues....that might be because it has less electronics to deal with....