Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Persona H-line Auto Fuel Consumption

• Please log in to reply

mosh

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (Cavino @ May 2 2012, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
H-Line at less than 60K has everything. Preve based line model is 62K without much accs, I think that says it all. Also Preve is using IAFM at lower end model with a much heavier and bigger chassis, I think we can guess how the FC is gonna be for Preve.

PE sweet spot is abt 100km/h to 120km/h where the torque seems to excel, thus providing the best FC in general at that speed in comparison with other higher low end torque vehicle that provide excellent FC at 80-90km/h. Thats why PE was called a good and stable highway car and a lousy fuel guzzling city car. Any speed above that is not going to be FC saving coz the aerodynamic drags, etc will negate any PE better torque benefits and burden the engine itself.

recent weekend i drove to JB and try to keep 100km/h all the way from KL to air Keroh, reset my FC meter before journey and observe that it went to low as 6.3 on a constant speed..

after air keroh, i pedal to the metal and the rest is history lah.. smile_approve.gif

triketra84

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

triketra84

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ May 2 2012, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
recent weekend i drove to JB and try to keep 100km/h all the way from KL to air Keroh, reset my FC meter before journey and observe that it went to low as 6.3 on a constant speed..

after air keroh, i pedal to the metal and the rest is history lah.. smile_approve.gif

Thanks Cavino! If i was taking the preve, i would have went for the High Spec which is at 73, but wait list too long and spec not much diff. Before getting my PE HLine, i tested the Forte, Vios, City as well as the exora.

Ultimately i ruled out the exora as it was an MPV, i am in my late 20's so not ready yet for that segment yet. I ruled the koreans and jap's out as it doesn't justify the pricetag just because of the badge.

Mosh- I should give that a try 059.gif. But now my consumption is going lower slowly, trying not to rev the car beyond 3.5-4k rpm.

But seriously, this car is just wants you to gun it smile_evil.gif ! Sighs...

mosh

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ May 4 2012, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Cavino! If i was taking the preve, i would have went for the High Spec which is at 73, but wait list too long and spec not much diff. Before getting my PE HLine, i tested the Forte, Vios, City as well as the exora.

Ultimately i ruled out the exora as it was an MPV, i am in my late 20's so not ready yet for that segment yet. I ruled the koreans and jap's out as it doesn't justify the pricetag just because of the badge.

Mosh- I should give that a try 059.gif. But now my consumption is going lower slowly, trying not to rev the car beyond 3.5-4k rpm.

But seriously, this car is just wants you to gun it smile_evil.gif ! Sighs...

if you try on CPS ( waja or Gen2 ) you will having a hard time not to gun in..! smile_evil.gif

triketra84

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

triketra84

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ May 4 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you try on CPS ( waja or Gen2 ) you will having a hard time not to gun in..! smile_evil.gif

I just don't understand why they never launched PE with CPS....But yeah CPS's roar is just sexy! I've driven it!

Nevertheless, we can still do some mod's and the PE can be more awesome than the CPS 1237.gif

Twinhead

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

Twinhead

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

I've read through some of the topics in here concerning the Persona.

A proud owner of a brand new H-line Auto and almost hitting 1.3K mileage.

I am concerned about the fuel usage of the car, my first day collecting the car the Fuel consumption est indicated 19.9L/100km. Made a trip to Malacca once the car hit 500km and the consumption dropped to 10.9L/100km.

Once the car Hit 1K i floored it a few times and the gauge now reads 11.3L/100km (Rm65-280km) It never went down since, and i am having the car serviced coming monday (1st). I don't floor the car now, and gear changes is between 3-4 Rpm constantly. I've read some forumers are averaging at 4.6-8L/100km.

Another thing as well, the car is now feeling a little sluggish. Overall, i'm still happy with my purchase, but if this continues, i am literally going to go broke.

Please help!

triketra84

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

triketra84

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Twinhead?

Update on FC, after the service the car with Rm 70 still managed to hit 300Km only. Took Mutiara Damansara's word, and after 2-3 tanks, still the same.

Couldn't tahan anymore, went to proton SC at Sri kembangan (Near the Kelab lumba kuda) Very good service, the Manager that managed the center himself attended and did the tuning for my car.

1. The ran the PDT for my car. Not sure if the so called "Platinum Service center" in mutiara did this, but after doing so when i filled my tank Rm70 managed to hit 360KM when the fuel indicator went off. With the remaining oil i'm sure i could have gone another 50 Km which would have resulted with a total 410Km. This is good enough for now.

Will cont . to monitor the FC, if it goes bad again, might have to flash the ecu at eocm, but hope not.

2nd service coming up in another T-minus 700KM.

Will have more updates by then

P/S: My advise, do not buy or service & troubleshoot your car at the Damansara center (The Curve) They suck big time with customer service, follow ups and etc.

This SC did all less than 2 hrs compared to damansara (8 hrs) smile_evil.gif

triketra84

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

triketra84

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Hi Guys,

After owning the car for 6 months with the mileage now clocking 16,252Km, my Rm70 per tank gas does not exceed 350km-370km.

1. I use Shell Petrol (Ron95) and refuel as soon as the fuel indicator light comes on.
2. Lube - Service center uses Shell Helix (Tried both semi and full synthetic, no diff to oil consumption)
3. As the earlier thread, I normally maintain speed at 110Km/H and dont rev excessively (between 2.5k-3k)
4. Air pressure is regularly checked every 2 weeks (front 240psi/ rear 220psi)

Now is this still normal? What mileage per tank PE owners with auto tranny normally achieve? Do you guys refuel when it's almost empty or fill in like me as soon as the indicator comes up?

Recommendations? Suggestions? Because almost all service center and mechanics I refer to say this is normal.

P/S: The car is still awesome, but when going through uneven road or speed humps, there is this creaking sound that comes out under the dashboard. Sounds like a squeaky wood floor/cricket/etc. It's not so visible with the radio on, but without it, kinda irritating.

Anyone knows a solution or what causes it, i'm sure it's DIY, most sounds I have already eliminated with silicone spray and etc. HELP please!

avionics

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

avionics

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ Nov 2 2012, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

After owning the car for 6 months with the mileage now clocking 16,252Km, my Rm70 per tank gas does not exceed 350km-370km.

1. I use Shell Petrol (Ron95) and refuel as soon as the fuel indicator light comes on.
2. Lube - Service center uses Shell Helix (Tried both semi and full synthetic, no diff to oil consumption)
3. As the earlier thread, I normally maintain speed at 110Km/H and dont rev excessively (between 2.5k-3k)

Now is this still normal? What mileage per tank PE owners with auto tranny normally achieve? Do you guys refuel when it's almost empty or fill in like me as soon as the indicator comes up?

Recommendations? Suggestions? Because almost all service center and mechanics I refer to say this is normal.

P/S: The car is still awesome, but when going through uneven road or speed humps, there is this creaking sound that comes out under the dashboard. Sounds like a squeaky wood floor/cricket/etc. It's not so visible with the radio on, but without it, kinda irritating.

Anyone knows a solution or what causes it, i'm sure it's DIY, most sounds I have already eliminated with silicone spray and etc. HELP please!

My car goes 320km and the light comes out but i pump rm60 everytime.i driving auto and city in pj.I think its normal since the first day i got it.i m using petronas as m afraid changing the oil would make my engine kaput faster..as i think iafm is very fragile as my ignition coil went down at 8k and my plug went down at 16k and many complaints that the tak tak sound..fa## them.

if u mostly drive at 110kmph,u shud get better fc .the cricket sound,i think is from the aircon as i have it before.got stones..lol
Hai m so naive.

slushmatic

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ Nov 2 2012, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

In my experience, (and it checks-out using the maths) most should be able to reach 600 KM on a properly full tank of petrol in normal use.

Here in the UK we still work-out economy as MPG and my Automatic IAFM car, (using cheap 5W-40 FS oil) can average 37 MPG quite easily in mixed driving, 41 MPG on longer out-of-town journeys and down to 32 MPG for constant short journeys/city driving.

I don't drive like a Grandad, but do read the road far ahead and make sure the car is going fast enough to reach top gear when possible. Small thottle openings to keep the car stroking along nicely is the key to good economy on any car I find.

Although I usualy run my Ecologic car on LPG, (the economy is worse, but gas is much cheaper than petrol) I have 'tested' the normal '50 litre' (11 gallon) petrol tank's range now on two occasions, (mileage at around 11,000 miles/17,000 Km)

The first time I managed 378 miles = 608 Km, (with computer saying 32 miles left) on the second occasion I ignored the fuel gauge, light and computer and managed 411 miles, (661 Km) before I chickened-out and refuelled.
Obviously that was from as full as possible right down to the bare minimum - the tank took 50.46 litres of petrol to fully refill it after that 661 Km stint.

On both occasions the fuel was Shell 95 'normal' unleaded. I have noted that economy improves slightly using Shell 'premium' 98 Optimax, but it's use is'nt really justified for the extra 6% in cost.
'Do average things - get average results'

beagle2k

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

beagle2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
In my 3 years of owning a Persona H-line (from Jan 2009 to Jan 2012), I consistently get between 350km & 360km with 34L of petrol. My route is mostly from Seri Kembangan to Cyberjaya during rush hour in the morning and evening. So, I think getting 360Km when the refuel indicator lights up is normal.

The best I've ever get is 430km with 34L driving between 110-120Km/h. That is from Seri Kembangan to Penang.

I've have to say driving Persona is a lot of fun. The ride & handling is like no other especially at high speed.

If only Proton is more competent I'd have bought another Proton. My Persona was plagued by no less than 10 issues and took me more than a year to get them all fixed. Some are DIY solutions. Sometimes it took 3 months for the part to arrive due to central warehouse got no stock. Maybe I'm just bad luck but I've encountered too many bad experience with Proton service center during my time owning the car.