Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Persona H-line Auto Fuel Consumption

• Please log in to reply

triketra84

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

triketra84

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Hi Guys,

I've read through some of the topics in here concerning the Persona.

A proud owner of a brand new H-line Auto and almost hitting 1.3K mileage.

I am concerned about the fuel usage of the car, my first day collecting the car the Fuel consumption est indicated 19.9L/100km. Made a trip to Malacca once the car hit 500km and the consumption dropped to 10.9L/100km.

Once the car Hit 1K i floored it a few times and the gauge now reads 11.3L/100km (Rm65-280km) It never went down since, and i am having the car serviced coming monday (1st). I don't floor the car now, and gear changes is between 3-4 Rpm constantly. I've read some forumers are averaging at 4.6-8L/100km.

Another thing as well, the car is now feeling a little sluggish. Overall, i'm still happy with my purchase, but if this continues, i am literally going to go broke.

Please help!

mosh

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ Apr 21 2012, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

I've read through some of the topics in here concerning the Persona.

A proud owner of a brand new H-line Auto and almost hitting 1.3K mileage.

I am concerned about the fuel usage of the car, my first day collecting the car the Fuel consumption est indicated 19.9L/100km. Made a trip to Malacca once the car hit 500km and the consumption dropped to 10.9L/100km.

Once the car Hit 1K i floored it a few times and the gauge now reads 11.3L/100km (Rm65-280km) It never went down since, and i am having the car serviced coming monday (1st). I don't floor the car now, and gear changes is between 3-4 Rpm constantly. I've read some forumers are averaging at 4.6-8L/100km.

Another thing as well, the car is now feeling a little sluggish. Overall, i'm still happy with my purchase, but if this continues, i am literally going to go broke.

Please help!

i assume that is this your first brand new car.
higher fc is normal thruout ur 1st few K's.. as the engine component are brand. layman term - the metal component need some time to settle ( friction and stuff ) it will goes down after a few k's.. dun worry lah..

4.6 are achiveable is u drive constantly non stop at 60 - 70kmph non stop / cruising in the highway.. 7-8 are normal.. its all depend on how heavy ur foot to the pedal. smile_approve.gif

triketra84

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

triketra84

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Apr 22 2012, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i assume that is this your first brand new car.
higher fc is normal thruout ur 1st few K's.. as the engine component are brand. layman term - the metal component need some time to settle ( friction and stuff ) it will goes down after a few k's.. dun worry lah..

4.6 are achiveable is u drive constantly non stop at 60 - 70kmph non stop / cruising in the highway.. 7-8 are normal.. its all depend on how heavy ur foot to the pedal. smile_approve.gif

Bro,

Not my 1st car...I knew that, now it won't go down 11.2L/100Km... and the car feels a little lethargic also...

I think I am going to ask them to reset the Ecu and check the tuning again... If continue like this, i'm going to Koyak feeding my baby...eating for 2 if mengandung i can understand la...lol

I'll update the status after service tomorrow, other than that, still happy with my Harimau Malaysia!

jcetham007

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

jcetham007

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ Apr 23 2012, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

Not my 1st car...I knew that, now it won't go down 11.2L/100Km... and the car feels a little lethargic also...

I think I am going to ask them to reset the Ecu and check the tuning again... If continue like this, i'm going to Koyak feeding my baby...eating for 2 if mengandung i can understand la...lol

I'll update the status after service tomorrow, other than that, still happy with my Harimau Malaysia!

dear triketra84,

Have a Persona H-Line Auto 08 model. This car model is not very economical driving around town from our experience owning it. FC is better when driving long distance but even then, do not expect the FC figures to go down to below 7L/100 km. For an accurate measurement of FC, you should not rely on the digital consumption reading entirely - you should try gauging FC from pump to pump after travelling a distance using the odometer or trip meter. Overall, our experience is that this is not an economical car for city/town driving and for long distance, keep your engine revving between 2100 rpm to 2600 rpm. Going beyond that may result in higher consumption.
jcetham

mosh

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ Apr 23 2012, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

yeah... do keep us update on the status...! my first FC calculation during my 1st 1K is around 12L.. then it drop to 11, 10, 9 and now steadly but not economically around 7.8- 8. - 60% traffic jam 40% highway..

cheers bro ! wink.gif

triketra84

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

triketra84

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Apr 24 2012, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah... do keep us update on the status...! my first FC calculation during my 1st 1K is around 12L.. then it drop to 11, 10, 9 and now steadly but not economically around 7.8- 8. - 60% traffic jam 40% highway..

cheers bro ! wink.gif

Bro, right now i reset the Fuel Estimator. It was stagnant at 11.2L/100Km.

Weirdly, the car somehow now feels more responsive. Not sure how but it does somehow, puzzling. Anyway, the FC went up to 16.6L/100Km and gradually now to 12.1L/100Km. ( I intentionally drove all the way from Puchong to 1/2 way to LCCT, near the Masjid) Tak puas hati punya pasal la.

Next to that, now i am able to hit a bit over 300Km/ Tank of gas.

I'll keep this post updated. Weirdly i came upon this article (http://www.zerotohundred.com/2009/auto-news/asian-auto-mudah-my-fuel-efficiency-awards-2009-unveils-malaysia%E2%80%99s-most-fuel-efficient-cars/)

I beg to differ that all proton bashers say's that Persona is a fuel guzzler. Anyway just FYI i did 190-200KM and the car is awesome and freaking stable. I love my car.

moors

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ Apr 25 2012, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weirdly, the car somehow now feels more responsive. Not sure how but it does somehow, puzzling. Anyway, the FC went up to 16.6L/100Km and gradually now to 12.1L/100Km. ( I intentionally drove all the way from Puchong to 1/2 way to LCCT, near the Masjid) Tak puas hati punya pasal la.

I'll keep this post updated. Weirdly i came upon this article (http://www.zerotohundred.com/2009/auto-news/asian-auto-mudah-my-fuel-efficiency-awards-2009-unveils-malaysia%E2%80%99s-most-fuel-efficient-cars/)

I beg to differ that all proton bashers say's that Persona is a fuel guzzler. Anyway just FYI i did 190-200KM and the car is awesome and freaking stable. I love my car.

Last month, my car maintained at 8.4L/100Km. This is unusually high for me. For long distance, I can get 6.8L/100Km or better.

During the major service, the SC discovered that one of my font brake pad was uneven and was replaced. There was a possibility that the brake caliper was getting hung up and not retracting away from the rotor when off the brakes.

After the brake replacement, my car can get 6.8L/100Km or better for long distance drive and at about 2000 RPM (80-90km/h).

For me, high FC was due to the brake pads.

mosh

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ Apr 25 2012, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it is stable.. even thou running on 195 / 60 series tyre..

you refer to my signature.. that is not photoshoped.. and yes i race in track, do gymkhana, do backlane drag and weekend touge with my persona elegance and the same car use to go to work, send my daughter to nursery, pergi pasar malam and balik kampung.. smile_big.gif

triketra84

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

triketra84

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Apr 26 2012, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it is stable.. even thou running on 195 / 60 series tyre..

you refer to my signature.. that is not photoshoped.. and yes i race in track, do gymkhana, do backlane drag and weekend touge with my persona elegance and the same car use to go to work, send my daughter to nursery, pergi pasar malam and balik kampung.. smile_big.gif

Wah! Good! But no problems with the car so far?

FC to date, now able to hit over 300km++ with Rm 70/full tank. Reset the FC, now town usage is 10.4L/100km and the other day to seremban at 160-180km/h reading is at 9.2L/100Km.

I'll see if it continues to go down, but i guess it's heading that way...slowly. Petrol consumption definitely higher than my ol' kelisa 1000cc Manual. But then again cannot compare as the new wife is bigger, heavier and runs on a 1.6 engine with Auto trans.

Other than that still happy with the purchase compared to waiting for the Preve though smile_big.gif

Cavino

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Cavino

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts
QUOTE (triketra84 @ May 1 2012, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah! Good! But no problems with the car so far?

FC to date, now able to hit over 300km++ with Rm 70/full tank. Reset the FC, now town usage is 10.4L/100km and the other day to seremban at 160-180km/h reading is at 9.2L/100Km.

I'll see if it continues to go down, but i guess it's heading that way...slowly. Petrol consumption definitely higher than my ol' kelisa 1000cc Manual. But then again cannot compare as the new wife is bigger, heavier and runs on a 1.6 engine with Auto trans.

Other than that still happy with the purchase compared to waiting for the Preve though smile_big.gif

H-Line at less than 60K has everything. Preve based line model is 62K without much accs, I think that says it all. Also Preve is using IAFM at lower end model with a much heavier and bigger chassis, I think we can guess how the FC is gonna be for Preve.

PE sweet spot is abt 100km/h to 120km/h where the torque seems to excel, thus providing the best FC in general at that speed in comparison with other higher low end torque vehicle that provide excellent FC at 80-90km/h. Thats why PE was called a good and stable highway car and a lousy fuel guzzling city car. Any speed above that is not going to be FC saving coz the aerodynamic drags, etc will negate any PE better torque benefits and burden the engine itself.